Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
@Pig's Laundry

I saw an article saying that the Peter Cushing Dr. Who movies ARE canon; albeit as movies in DWU. Here's an excerpt from the article:

"In his new novelization of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary special 'The Day of the Doctor', Steven Moffat reveals that the films exist in the Whoniverse as actual movies, with Cushing starring in big-screen adventures adapted from the Doctor's "real" exploits.

"Seen them? [The Doctor] loves them," UNIT's Kate Stewart tells Clara in a specially-written scene. "He loaned Peter Cushing a waistcoat for the second one, they were great friends."

Moffat had previously wanted to incorporate this idea into the TV version of 'The Day of the Doctor', with plans for UNIT's Black Archive to include posters for the Cushing films."

I've been wondering about the Peter Cushing Doctor for ages! So glad the question is finally being answered!
Oh, I hadn't seen this before now. Very interesting. Which makes it even more confusing the fact that all those alien invasions didn't get more news coverage.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Apparently Locks of Love charges cancer patients for the wigs they make from donated hair - and apparently up to $1,000 for a single wig in some cases.
well crap. almost makes me glad i decided not to donate my hair. Mostly because i'm not sure if its grown out enough that the dye from the last time i dyed my hair is totally gone.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Apparently They Might Be Giants did music for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember that old Cartoon Network music video, "Somebody's at the door! Who's gonna get the door? Courage the Cowardly Dog! Courage the Cowardly Dog!"? That's them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Evidently Kanye Pest tried putting together his own TMS-esque puppet show for Comedy Central, and even got as far as having an entire cast of puppets built (and, as you can imagine, they all pretty much look like gangstas and thugs) and I think even got some filming/taping for the show done, but mercifully, this thing never got picked, and never went to air.

But good lord, can you just imagine if this thing even drew an audience, even a small one, or one of people who would watch it out of irony? In addition to the likes of Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Walt Disney, Gandhi, and even Jesus, Kanye would be saying he's the Jim Henson of his generation, and that his puppets have taken up where the Muppets have left off.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Apparently Hugh Grant was supposed to play the Ninth Doctor in Doctor Who, but at the eleventh hour (@Pig's Laundry will get my joke, lol.) he declined, and we ended up with Christopher Eccleston.