Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Waits for new installment faithfully, hoping to see who'll show up.

BTW: If you're listening to MC Radio, there's a song I think you'll like from the new Green & Red Christmas CD, titled "A Red & Green Christmas" sung by your two favorites.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I just re-read the entire story...again! I'm at the edge of my seat, Ru! Please, post more of this bodacious Christmas story! It's the perfect time for it too! It's Christmas Time, and a wonderful slascious story would be great!

So please, post more of this would you? I'm gonna honestly say, I can't wait to see what happens to me and Scooter next. XD

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 33: Working on Some Things

“Hey Babe,” Floyed said, settling his arms around Janice’s waist. “We got the all-clear from the boss-man. What say we take a little turn around the strip, recreate a little.”
Janice lifted her arms to his shoulders and smiled up at him. “Sounds great, babe. Let me check with Howard, first, and I’ll, like join you in the lobby.” She kissed him then, a nice, thorough kiss that left him blinking, then turned and sauntered away.
Floyd shook his head to clear it. What a kiss! And what a woman! He smiled and put his hands in his pockets, strolling toward the lobby like a man with the world on a string. All told, this was shaping up to be a pretty good Christmas.

“Nothing for you, darling,” Howard said as soon as Janice appeared at his elbow. “Everything was lovely.”
“Like, thanks Howard,” Janice said. “I’m loving the show.”
“Aren’t we all,” Howard said. Maybe it was the stellar reviews, or maybe just the successful opening of the show behind them, but Howard had been in a remarkably mellow mood all morning. Piggy strolled by and put a hand to his forehead.
“Hmmm,” she said thoughtfully. “You don’t seem to have a fever.”
“Can it, you evil diva pig,” Howard snapped. Piggy laughed and moved off toward her dressing room. From the looks of things, Kermit might be a while. She walked into the dressing room area, peeping into the little kitchenette as she passed. Mabel was there, and so was Robin and Rizzo. Mabel was making waffles, the waffle iron steaming as it worked.
“Thank you for everything, Mabel,” Piggy said. “We couldn’t have done it without you.”
“Aw, sure you could have,” Mabel said modestly. “You just wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much.”
“You got that right,” Rizzo said emphatically. He watched the waffle iron intently, knife and fork at the ready.
“Hey Aunt Piggy,” Robin cried cheerily. Once again, Robin was happy to sit down to a second breakfast. He’s growing up, thought Piggy with a shock. In spite of working in a number of extra meals, Robin still carried no extra weight. If anything, he looked more gangly than before, and Piggy noticed how tall he looked sitting there beside Rizzo. Of course, she reminded herself, everyone looked tall sitting next to Rizzo.
Fondly, she brushed a kiss across the smooth top of his head. Rizzo looked up hopefully, but Piggy gave him a look and he sighed and returned his attention to the waffle iron. “I’m going to my dressing room, Robin,” she said fondly. “Uncle Kermit is still talking to people. Remember the rules, okay?”
“Don’t worry. I will.”
When Piggy had gone, Mabel looked at Robin approvingly. “What are the rules?” she asked.
“Don’t wander off alone. Always tell someone where I’m going to be.” Robin was silent for a moment. “And don’t bother Aunt Piggy when she’s doing her hair.”
Rizzo’s laughter was muffled by an enormous mouthful of waffle.

Sara bounded up behind Scooter and put her hands over his eyes.
“Are you free?” she asked coquettishly.
“Heck, no!” said Scooter. “I’ve got a girlfriend and she’s really hot!” Sara felt him smile even though she couldn’t see his face. “But you sound cute, so how’s about you and me--”
Sara’s hands moved from his eyes to his mouth. Scooter looked around at her, his eyes full of mischief and merriment.
Sara gave him a reproachful look, but she kissed him anyway. One of Scooter’s hands--the one that wasn’t carrying his handheld--snaked around her waist and held her close.
“Actually,” he said. “I am free--until tonight’s show. Want to do something?”
“Ooh--absolutely,” said Sara immediately. Her voice dropped to a sultry whisper. “I know just the thing.”
Scooter looked interested. “Something for both of us to do?”
“Yep.”
“Will I like it?” Scooter teased. He felt pretty confident that he would.
Sara took his hand, leading him out the door.
“Definitely,” she said. “Everybody loves ‘Circus, Circus.’”
“Sara....” Scooter whined, but their voices changed to laughter before they faded away down the hall.

Janice cast a nervous look around. Floyd was still outside. If she hurried, she just might--
“Hey there, Lady J,” said Clifford, stepping out of the music room doorway. Janice startled, then sagged with relief.
“Clifford,” she said urgently. “I’m so glad you’re here.”
Clifford and Janice both looked nervously up and down the deserted hallway. There was no one lurking.
“Coast is clear,” said Clifford, ushering his cast-mate into the soundproof room. “But we better get busy while we can.”

“So I’m supposed to go down at 3:00 and check out this new act that Rizzo’s putting together. They want to debut it in tonight’s show.” Kermit was making notes frantically on a little pad with a pen which he kept losing. Not for the first time, he wished frogs actually had ears so he would have a place to park his writing implement.
Piggy looked up from sorting her lingerie. There seemed to be a lot of it, and she was methodically color-coding it into soft piles. She smiled, thinking it looked like cotton candy. “Oh, is that all,” she said mildly. “You seem remarkably calm.”
“Hmmm,” Kermit responded distractedly. “Talk to me tomorrow--Pepe’s showing me his act then.”
“I saw the audition notice,” Piggy said, her expression skeptical. “I can’t believe you’re letting Pepe do a song.”
Kermit looked sheepish. “Um, dance number, actually,” he admitted. He would not quite meet Piggy’s eye, a problem which Piggy circumvented by coming over and nibbling on his neck until he laughed and held up his hands in protest--and surrender.
“Piggy,” Kermit protested. “I’m working on something.”
“So am I,” Piggy murmured. “How’m I doing?”
Kermit sighed and, having little choice in the matter, returned her kiss. Mmmm he thought, but managed to pull himself back to the work at hand.
“Please Piggy,” he begged. “I’m behind--I’ve got to get these schedules out before--”
Mmmm he thought again, his mouth working with hers. He had a very difficult time making himself pull away. Kermit tried the puppy dog eyes.
“I have so much to do,” he pleaded. Piggy put her arms around his waist and smiled at him, unrepentant.
“You certainly do,” she said archly. “You need to tell me the ten things you liked best about my performance last night. In the show,” she added, cheeks coloring a little.
Kermit groaned, but half-heartedly. This was an old game with them, so familiar he’d actually used it in one of their movies.
“What if I can’t think of ten?” he grumped. Piggy gave him a warning look and he gave it up. “Um, I don’t suppose I could appeal this to a higher court--or a later date?”
Piggy pressed against him, smiling impishly. “Nope,” she said. “Might as well get it over with.”
Kermit sighed, surrendered and settled his arms around his voluptuous wife.
“I like the way you move,” he said, kissing her mouth. “I like the way you look.” His lips grazed her cheek. “I like the way you sing, and I like the way you look while you’re singing to me.” He pulled back and looked at her. “How am I doing?”
Piggy sighed, her eyes closed. “Wonderful,” she murmured. “That’s four.”
Kermit chuckled, warming to the task. “I like the way you always leave the audience wanting more,” he said quietly, nuzzling her neck beneath the golden curls.
“What about you?” Piggy teased.
“Oh, I always want more,” Kermit answered. “But lucky for me--”
“That’s just fine,” Piggy said firmly.
“I like the way you play the coquet, even though we both know--”

Piggy opened her eyes. “That will do,” she said severely, then closed her eyes again and snuggled a little closer.
“I like your green silk pajamas--”
Piggy opened one eye. According to house rules, clothing comments were not technically allowed.
“--because they leave so much to my imagination.”
“Lovely save,” Piggy muttered. Kermit’s arms were molding her close.
“Do I get double points?”
“Of course not.”
“I love the way the audience adores your. I love the way they look at me just because they know you’re all mine.”
“Not just because of that,” Piggy protested, but Kermit didn’t hear her, distracted as he was.
“And I love,” Kermit said finally, “the way you make me play hooky from the urgent to take care of the important.”
Her eyes were shining, her arms tight around him. “Oh, Kermie,” she said, truly moved. She touched his face and kissed him. “That’s ten,” she said. “You can go back to work now.”
“Work?! What do you mean, work?”
Piggy started to giggle.
“Don’t I get time off for good behavior?”
Piggy put her lips close to his. “If you’re good,” she whispered.
Kermit pursed his lips, rising to the challenge. “I’ll do my best,” he promised. And he did.

“I don’t know, Rizzo. Something’s missing.”
“I know,” the little rat fretted. “It’s just not happening.”
“Sorry,” said Gonzo, putting his hand on Rizzo’s shoulder. “I know you really wanted to do this in the Christmas show.”
“Yeah,” Rizzo said, disheartened. “I wish we had a third voice to—“
“Could—could I be in this one?”
Rizzo and Gonzo looked around in surprise to see Sally Ann looking at them hopefully. They exchanged thoughtful looks.
“Um, Gloria Jean told me what you were doing. I—my baby brother is in Iraq right now. I’d like to do this song for him.” Her eyes were bright for a moment, then she smiled. “I promised I’d lose money at the blackjack table since he’s not here to do it himself, but I’ve already done that. Could you use another voice?”
“Um, sure!” said Rizzo enthusiastically. “There’s no reason third voice has to be a guy. Can you sing tenor?”
“Sure,” said Sally Ann. “When I eat my Wheaties!”
Gonzo ran over and got her a chair and they scooted close and looked at the music on the stand.
“Um, simple 2-part harmony until we get to the last verse,” said Rizzo. “Nothing fancy. We got minimal accompaniment, so this is really about the vocals. Want to try it?”
“Sure,”
Rizzo hummed a note, shook his head, then tried again, patting his thigh in time. He nodded to the musicians and they began. Less than four measures into the second measure, Rizzo and Gonzo exchanged looks over the top of Sally Ann’s head.
Yeah, Gonzo’s eyes said plain. Oh, yeah.

“So you’re not going down for the audition?” Kermit asked. Piggy had proven a real trooper. Having succeeded in distracting him from his work, she had afterward plunged into furious activity to help him organize his notes. She had even typed them into his handheld, something that astonished Kermit.
“I didn’t know you could type!” he exclaimed. There seemed no end to the things about Piggy that surprised him.
“Yeah, well don’t tell anybody,” she growled. “It would ruin my rep.” She had printed everything and finished sorting the separate piles into envelopes. Technically, this was Scooter’s job, but they had agreed that Scooter was entitled to some measure of a social life on this trip, especially since he had scuttled his own plans to join them. Kermit watched her with admiration, and had a split-second fantasy of her seated behind a desk outside his office, managing everything with streamlined efficiency. He glanced at his watch and shook himself out of his reverie.
“So you’re really not going down to the audition?”
“Are you kidding?” Piggy said, rolling her eyes. “Me? Audition for that little shrimp? I don’t think so.”
Even as he registered his own disappointment, an idea was percolating behind his eyes, but he tried to play it cool. He picked up his notepad, wondering how Piggy had known how to put all of his appointments into this little thing. “Well, I guess it’s just as well. It’s probably not your thing, anyway.”
Something about the elaborate casualness of his tone made Piggy look up suspiciously.
“Why wouldn’t it be my thing?”
Kermit looked up distractedly. “Hm? What? Oh--the audition thing. Well, Pepe said he was looking for a really hot dancer to be in this number with him, but I guess he’ll want one of the younger girls to--”
Younger girls?!”
“Well, sure. And besides, you’d have to learn a whole new number and everything.” He smiled benevolently. “Give yourself a break, Piggy. Let one of the other girls—Piggy? Where are you going?”
“I don’t suppose it would hurt to just look in on auditions,” Piggy said. She was already halfway out the door, but she paused for a moment and looked at him shrewdly over her shoulder. “Just for the record, you do not fool me for one instant,” she said with dignity, then stalked out the door.
Alone again, Kermit smiled. He would pay for his temporary freedom later, but it would probably be well worth it.

“So we’re here, already. Where’s the fire?”
Yeah--what’s so important?”
“This better be good, shark bait. I was sorting my--”
“Si, si, everybody’s important, h’okay,” Pepe said airily. “But I wan’ to give ju first dibs, h’okay, before I have h’an h’open casting call, h’okay?”
“First dibs on what?”
“What are you talking about, you little--”
“I thought it was too early in the day for eggnog, but I guess--”
“His a new dance, number, h’okay? H’an h’I am wanting to give all the hot womens a shot at the role.” Pepe turned to Piggy and regarded her appraisingly. “And ju too, Miss Bacon Bits.” If Piggy had been six inches closer, Pepe’s casting call might have been moot (It is hard to dance when you’re in traction!), but the crowd of curious and somewhat baffled muppets was pressing too close around the little crustacean.
“Dancing with you? My career is not that--”
What role?”
“The dancing queen of my little be-bop,” Pepe responded patiently. “Hi was going to look for outside talent, h’okay? But after the rehearsah the other day, I thought some of ju ladies--”
There was a chorus of indignant squeals.
“What rehearsal?”
Our rehearsal?”
“Were you spying on us, you little twerp?”
“Si, si--and it was sexy, h’okay? Ju ladies have some moves.”
“You were watching us?”
“Jes,” Pepe said complacently. “Rizzo, he was there, too. And Scooter--he was with us.”
Several sets of irate eyes turn accusingly on Rizzo and Scooter. Rizzo shifted uncomfortably under Gloria Jean’s gimlet gaze, but he smiled up at her gamely.
“I only had eyes for you, Sweetie,” he squeaked, as his erstwhile girlfriend advanced on him.

Scooter was wishing desperately that he and Sara had not cut their sightseeing trip short. He blushed furiously while Sara glowered at him.
“But, Honey,” he said helplessly. “I was just, um, looking for Pepe and….” He trailed off, knowing it was no good.
“You are sooo toast,” Sara muttered. She turned away from him, crossed her arms across her chest and looked through narrowed eyes at her boyfriend’s co-conspirator.
If Pepe had been the recipient--albeit the unaware recipient--of hostile glances from the ladies surrounding him, he had now evoked the ire of the men as well. True to form, Pepe was oblivious to it all.
“H’okay,” he was saying. “Thees song is about dancing, and shaking your bun-buns for h’all ju are worth.” He looked at Dr. Teeth, who had agreed to sit in along with Floyd and Animal for the audition and grabbed a microphone.
There was a blast of sound for the band, Pepe began to sing.
“Mama said on the day I was born
There was a whole lotta shakin' goin' on
There was a party next door the people callin' out for more
And they played the boogie all night long
I was raised on a beat that was oh so sweet
Fed on the rhythm and blues
When she sent me on my way I heard my mama say
Son, don't forget your dancin' shoes!”
Bop 'til you drop
Shake it 'til you break it
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance.”
There were many pairs of surprised eyes in the crowded backstage area. The grumbling had died down, and more than one person was tapping their toes or moving in time to the music. It was infectious, making everyone want to dance. If Pepe was even aware of the others, you couldn’t tell. He was lost in the music, his whole body in perpetual motion.
Without warning, Clifford and Amy Lu charged the stage, boogieing as though their lives depended on it. Rizzo and Gloria Jean joined them after a split-second of non-verbal communication, leaping onto the stage and gyrating wildly. That was all the encouragement the rest of them needed. They bounded or hopped up on the stage in a frenzy, all but crowding the sassy crustacean off his mark.
“When you're down at a party and the music's hot
And you see somebody that you like a lot
Don't fight the feelin' if the feelin's right
Take a chance and dance 'cause tonight's the night
We'll do it right
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance…
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance…
Bop, bop, bop
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, da-da-dance
“Okay peoples,” Pepe shouted over the noise of many thumping feet. “Here is the part for the hot womans, h’okay?” He moved the microphone to one of his other hands in a move reminiscent of Elvis and launched into the final verse.
“Back in '57 I was just a little boy
And my sister Jenny Sue, she was the queen of the hop
After school she'd be stackin' up her 45's
Practising her shimmy shimmy koko bop
She had to do it right 'cause come on Saturday night
She was the hot girl on the floor
Mama'd catch her in the kitchen but instead of doing dishes
She'd be brushin' up her boogie on the 'frigerator door!”
By this time, Pepe’s audition resembled a circus, or the disco from the previous night. Everyone was twisting and moving, shaking and rotating like tops on a freshly waxed floor.
“Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance Dance
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance Dance
Bop, bop, bop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance, come on and dance, dance
Da-da-dance, come on and dance, dance
Da-da-dance!”
“Ah when it's come-a come-a doo down down pretty baby
And the music starts movin' and it's drivin' you crazy
Don't get caught just-a hangin' around
'Cause you gotta get up if you wanna get down
Get up, get up, get down down down!”
“Come on and dance, dance
Don't it make you wanna get up and dance
Bop, bop, bop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance
Bop, bop, bop
Come on, come on, come on
Move it 'til you lose it
Move it 'til you lose it
Move it 'til you lose it
Come on and dance, dance, da-da-dance!”
Floyd made a couple of impressive and purely improvised thumps on his bass that brought the whole thing to a thundering end. When the sound died away, everyone looked around as though stunned.
“Wow,” Janice said at last. “That was some song, Pepe!”
“Si, si,” said Pepe, sitting down limply on the edge of the stage. “Hi am exhausted, h’okay?” He looked up at last, finally registering the looks of approval on everyone’s face. It gave him a moment's pause. “You like?” he said at last.
There was a resounding chorus of “YES!” and Pepe reassumed his superior air.
“Si, is good. Now, someone fetch me a bottled water and Hi will watch all the hot womens do their thing.” There was a moment of silence, then all of the men scrambled to find a more comfortable spot to watch.

Oblivious to the recent activity backstage, Kermit took his seat in the front row of the auditorium and wondered where everyone was. He had not been there more than a few moments when Piggy poked her head out from behind a curtain the waved at him. She joined him a few minutes later wearing pink tights, a bright purple leotard and character shoes. He looked at the ensemble and debated whether or not to ask.
“Audition go off okay?”
Piggy waved her bottled of citrus-flavored water airily. “Piece of cake,” she said, although Kermit could tell she had been dancing with great energy. He might have commented further, but Rizzo’s voice called out from backstage.
“You ready, Kermit?”
“Anytime, Rizzo,” Kermit called. He settled back and waited.
The stage lights came up dimly on what, at first glance, appeared to be a campfire scene, but on closer examination proved to be a pot—presumably bubbling—over a can of what looked like sterno. A handful of characters, all dressed in soldier’s fatigues, sat on backpacks or squatted near the suspended caldron. Clifford had one foot up on a box, staring into space.
Rizzo stood near center stage, obviously reading a letter. He let out a sigh, folded the letter twice and held it in his hands gently. He raised his eyes, looked out at the audience, and began to sing.
“I’ll be home for Christmas. You can count on me.” He looked out at the desert setting wanly. “Please have snow, and mistletoe. And presents under the tree.” Softly in the background, Rowlf began to play the comb, its breathy hum underscoring Rizzo’s voice nicely. Clifford sat down and began to beat a rhythmic tattoo on the box, its hollow sound the perfect background for the plaintive song.
Gonzo came up and joined him center stage, putting a hand on his shoulder. “Christmas eve will find me where the love-light gleams.”
“I’ll be home for Christmas,” they sang, their voices blending nicely. “If only in my dreams.”
Sally Ann stepped up near them. Her curls were pulled up beneath the fatigue hat, her pretty face devoid of lipstick.
“I’ll be home for Christmas,” she sang, her voice earnest and clear. “You can count on me. ““Please have snow—“
“—and mistletoe!” Rizzo added.
“And presents under the tree,” sang Gonzo softly, finished the phrase.
“Christmas eve will find me where the love-light gleams,” they sang together. The harmony was close, and complicated, but it worked wonderfully with the minimalist accompaniment. “I’ll be home for Christmas,” they sang, their voices blending nicely. “If only in my dreams.
“Yes, we’ll be home for Christmastime—if only in our dreams.”
The song died away slowly, then the stage went dark, then the lights came on brilliantly, blinding Kermit. Almost before he could comment, Rizzo was standing in front of him.
“Did you like? Huh? Did you like it?”
“I loved it, Rizzo—that was terrific!” Kermit said happily. This was going to be a nice addition to their Christmas half of the show. “And I loved the accompaniment.” He smiled up at the musicians. “Nice work, guys!” he called.
“No problem,” Rowlf said. “Hardest part was finding a comb in this crowd.”
Piggy gave him a snotty look but decided it wasn’t worth the effort. It had been a lovely rendition of the familiar carol, and she had been especially moved by Sally Ann’s participation. She knew Sally Ann had a brother who was stationed overseas, and knew he must be on her mind.
“Very nice,” she called, but she left the directing to Kermit. She put the cold bottle of water on her forehead, mentally calculating. With this song to round out the Christmas half, and Pepe’s song to bolster the 50s portion of the show, they were going to give their audience full measure for the cost of admission. Piggy smiled. This was going to be a very nice Christmas after all.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
.............I'm speechless.

Rizzo's number... and... Sally Ann's brother... Oh wow, is that touching. Just.... Wow.

This is an INCREDIBLE chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't it? So much to ooh and aah at, review will definitely come... Bank on it.
Though Layla will probably beat us all and do a detailed review after sneaking back in in the middle of the night.
*Swats at fly with flyswatter, missing the pesky pest.

Just hope for a little Autumn bliss before or on the last day previous to the first day of winter on the 21st. Thank you Ru.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Posted by Catherine: “Hey Babe,” Floyed said, settling his arms around Janice’s waist.
*Sing: You got me babe...

Posted by Cath: “We got the all-clear from the boss-man. What say we take a little turn around the strip,
recreate a little.”
Janice lifted her arms to his shoulders and smiled up at him.
Nice little word joke.

Posted by Rumantic: “Sounds great, babe. Let me check with Howard, first, and I’ll, like join you in the lobby.”
She kissed him then, a nice, thorough kiss that left him blinking, then turned and sauntered away.
Floyd shook his head to clear it. What a kiss! And what a woman!
Ooh... *Melts.
There's something about Floyd and Janice that I like somewhat better than Kermit and Piggy. Maybe cause it's less demanding and more natural.
And I must concur with my bassman brother... That Janice is certainly quite a woman.

Posted by E. Rine: He smiled and put his hands in his pockets, strolling toward the lobby like a man with
the world on a string. All told, this was shaping up to be a pretty good Christmas.
Yeah... I think this chapter proves how many of the cast will have a good Christmas. If only that shadow of sleaze wasn't hovering nearby...

Posted by Evil Diva Pig's roommate: “Nothing for you, darling,” Howard said as soon as Janice appeared at his elbow. “Everything was lovely.”
“Like, thanks Howard,” Janice said. “I’m loving the show.”
“Aren’t we all,” Howard said. Maybe it was the stellar reviews, or maybe just the successful opening of the show behind them, but Howard had been in a remarkably
mellow mood all morning. Piggy strolled by and put a hand to his forehead.
“Hmmm,” she said thoughtfully. “You don’t seem to have a fever.”
“Can it, you evil diva pig,” Howard snapped. Piggy laughed and moved off toward her dressing room.
You know... Howard's rully gone through a bit of a transformation. Originally, Howard Tubman appeared in UK inserts in Muppets Tonight, where he was a member of the wealthy elite... His sketches involved him trying to overcome his overeating obsessions, one particular time where he pighandled a couple of robbers who tried to sample his George Washington's Birthday's rumcake which he kept in his safe. But through VMMCM and this fabu fanfiction, he's changed his image becoming the concerned choreography critic.

Posted by Ru-M and Coca-Cola: From the looks of things, Kermit might be a while. She
walked into the dressing room area, peeping into the little kitchenette as she passed. Mabel was there, and so was Robin and Rizzo. Mabel was making waffles,
the waffle iron steaming as it worked.
Mmm, fresh hot waffles. Me getting hungry.
Are these the standard square waffles? Round Belgian? Or the round ones divided into quarters with the indentures from a cross square-circle waffle iron?
And topped with fruit? Or just warm sticky syrup?
Just curious and muffining. Which reminds me.
*Gets tray of muffins out of the oven, placing them out to cool.

Posted by Delicious FanFic Disher: “Thank you for everything, Mabel,” Piggy said. “We couldn’t have done it without you.”
“Aw, sure you could have,” Mabel said modestly. “You just wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much.”
“You got that right,” Rizzo said emphatically. He watched the waffle iron intently, knife and fork at the ready.
Nor would have we. Good to know Rizzo's got his priorities straight.

Posted by Cute Cath: “Hey Aunt Piggy,” Robin cried cheerily. Once again, Robin was happy to sit down to a second breakfast. He’s growing up, thought Piggy with a shock. In spite
of working in a number of extra meals, Robin still carried no extra weight. If anything, he looked more gangly than before, and Piggy noticed how tall
he looked sitting there beside Rizzo. Of course, she reminded herself, everyone looked tall sitting next to Rizzo.
Fondly, she brushed a kiss across the smooth top of his head. Rizzo looked up hopefully, but Piggy gave him a look and he sighed and returned his attention
to the waffle iron.
Aw... Now that's a nice little scene. Hmmm, you don't suppose Robin's starting to grow into a spitting image of his uncle? Poor Rizzo, no love still after that incident with the room assignments.

Posted by Ruulmaker: “I’m going to my dressing room, Robin,” she said fondly. “Uncle Kermit is still talking to people. Remember the rules, okay?”
“Don’t worry. I will.”
When Piggy had gone, Mabel looked at Robin approvingly. “What are the rules?” she asked.
“Don’t wander off alone. Always tell someone where I’m going to be.” Robin was silent for a moment. “And don’t bother Aunt Piggy when she’s doing her hair.”
Rizzo’s laughter was muffled by an enormous mouthful of waffle.
Not to mention our laughter being cut off by the muffins that've cooled off by now.
Heh, these might become as popular as the Rules of Death. Ask Lisa or Ryan to explain them, just try not to break the third one, that's the most important one.

Posted by Matchmaker: Sara bounded up behind Scooter and put her hands over his eyes.
“Are you free?” she asked coquettishly.
“Heck, no!” said Scooter. “I’ve got a girlfriend and she’s really hot!” Sara felt him smile even though she couldn’t see his face. “But you sound cute,
so how’s about you and me--”
Sara’s hands moved from his eyes to his mouth. Scooter looked around at her, his eyes full of mischief and merriment.
Sara gave him a reproachful look, but she kissed him anyway. One of Scooter’s hands--the one that wasn’t carrying his handheld--snaked around her waist
and held her close.
“Actually,” he said. “I am free--until tonight’s show. Want to do something?”
“Ooh--absolutely,” said Sara immediately. Her voice dropped to a sultry whisper. “I know just the thing.”
Scooter looked interested. “Something for both of us to do?”
“Yep.”
“Will I like it?” Scooter teased. He felt pretty confident that he would.
Sara took his hand, leading him out the door.
“Definitely,” she said. “Everybody loves ‘Circus, Circus.’”
“Sara....” Scooter whined, but their voices changed to laughter before they faded away down the hall.
*Staggers back up from the floor... That was... Simply...
*Falls back into melty puddle on the floor.
If that's the kinda thing I can expect for... Where to begin with this segment.
Guess who? Nice beginning.
I've got a grilfriend and she's hot... Oh Scooter you backstage boy.
But you sound kind of cute... Scooter, hush.
And all the while Sara's still playing with him, ever the teaseful tart. The sultry drop in her voice towards the end was just the peerfect touch.
Mmm, Circus Circus... Yeah, that's a good place to spend some time, though those crazy kids might have more on their minds.
*Falls back into reverie in melty state.

Posted by Rumination: Janice cast a nervous look around. Floyd was still outside. If she hurried, she just might--
“Hey there, Lady J,” said Clifford, stepping out of the music room doorway. Janice startled, then sagged with relief.
“Clifford,” she said urgently. “I’m so glad you’re here.”
Clifford and Janice both looked nervously up and down the deserted hallway. There was no one lurking.
“Coast is clear,” said Clifford, ushering his cast-mate into the soundproof room. “But we better get busy while we can.”
Lady J, nice nickname, I like it.
Aaah! Who's... Oh, it's just Clifford.
Now just what is it that bodacious blonde is planning for her bassman beau?
Wonder if it has anything to do with the request she made of Thoreau earlier in the Christmas show rehearsals.

Posted by Luvy-Duvy Kissy Kissy: “So I’m supposed to go down at 3:00 and check out this new act that Rizzo’s putting together. They want to debut it in tonight’s show.” Kermit was making
notes frantically on a little pad with a pen which he kept losing.
Posted by Kiss her once: Not for the first time, he wished frogs actually had ears so he would have a place to
park his writing implement.
Funny... Remember when I used to do that, not any more since I've stopped carrying pens to write or draw with.
Posted by Kiss her twice: Piggy looked up from sorting her lingerie. There seemed to be a lot of it, and she was methodically color-coding it into soft piles. She smiled, thinking
it looked like cotton candy. “Oh, is that all,” she said mildly. “You seem remarkably calm.”
“Hmmm,” Kermit responded distractedly. “Talk to me tomorrow--Pepe’s showing me his act then.”
Pepe's act! We're getting closer!
Posted by It's been a long,long time: “I saw the audition notice,” Piggy said, her expression skeptical. “I can’t believe you’re letting Pepe do a song.”
Kermit looked sheepish. “Um, dance number, actually,” he admitted. He would not quite meet Piggy’s eye, a problem which Piggy circumvented by coming over
and nibbling on his neck until he laughed and held up his hands in protest--and surrender.
“Piggy,” Kermit protested. “I’m working on something.”
The nibbling and working on something... *Chuckles.
Posted by Rulling Along: “So am I,” Piggy murmured. “How’m I doing?”
Kermit sighed and, having little choice in the matter, returned her kiss. Mmmm he thought, but managed to pull himself back to the work at hand.
“Please Piggy,” he begged. “I’m behind--I’ve got to get these schedules out before--”
Mmmm he thought again, his mouth working with hers. He had a very difficult time making himself pull away. Kermit tried the puppy dog eyes.
Puppy dog eyes? Don't you mean puppy "frog" eyes instead?
Posted by The Ten Cathmendments of Love: “I have so much to do,” he pleaded. Piggy put her arms around his waist and smiled at him, unrepentant.
“You certainly do,” she said archly. “You need to tell me the ten things you liked best about my performance last night. In the show,” she added, cheeks
coloring a little.
Kermit groaned, but half-heartedly. This was an old game with them, so familiar he’d actually used it in one of their movies.
Which movie would that be?
“What if I can’t think of ten?” he grumped. Piggy gave him a warning look and he gave it up. “Um, I don’t suppose I could appeal this to a higher court--or
a later date?”
Sorry, no court'll take that case.
Piggy pressed against him, smiling impishly. “Nope,” she said. “Might as well get it over with.”
Kermit sighed, surrendered and settled his arms around his voluptuous wife.
“I like the way you move,” he said, kissing her mouth. “I like the way you look.” His lips grazed her cheek. “I like the way you sing, and I like the way
you look while you’re singing to me.” He pulled back and looked at her. “How am I doing?”
Piggy sighed, her eyes closed. “Wonderful,” she murmured. “That’s four.”
Oh lovely life will be...
Kermit chuckled, warming to the task. “I like the way you always leave the audience wanting more,” he said quietly, nuzzling her neck beneath the golden
curls.
“What about you?” Piggy teased.
What about you?
“Oh, I always want more,” Kermit answered. “But lucky for me--”
“That’s just fine,” Piggy said firmly.
“I like the way you play the coquet, even though we both know--”

Piggy opened her eyes. “That will do,” she said severely, then closed her eyes again and snuggled a little closer.
Mmm, less said the better.
“I like your green silk pajamas--”
Piggy opened one eye. According to house rules, clothing comments were not technically allowed.
Oh... So now we're getting into technicalities of the rules of the game.
“--because they leave so much to my imagination.”
“Lovely save,” Piggy muttered. Kermit’s arms were molding her close.
“Do I get double points?”
“Of course not.”
Tough luck... Current score: Frog 7, Pig whatever.
Gonzo: You called?
No, get back to reading or nagging Ryan for more of his story or own commentary in Old Friends.
Gonzo: Soooooorrrrry.
“I love the way the audience adores your.
Your what? Was it meant to be "you" instead?
I love the way they look at me just because they know you’re all mine.”
“Not just because of that,” Piggy protested, but Kermit didn’t hear her, distracted as he was.
“And I love,” Kermit said finally, “the way you make me play hooky from the urgent to take care of the important.”
Her eyes were shining, her arms tight around him. “Oh, Kermie,” she said, truly moved. She touched his face and kissed him. “That’s ten,” she said. “You
can go back to work now.”
“Work?! What do you mean, work?”
Piggy started to giggle.
“Don’t I get time off for good behavior?”
Piggy put her lips close to his. “If you’re good,” she whispered.
Kermit pursed his lips, rising to the challenge. “I’ll do my best,” he promised. And he did.
OK... Checking out now. *Gets overnight bag and moves on to rest of story.

Posted by Moi Jane: “I don’t know, Rizzo. Something’s missing.”
“I know,” the little rat fretted. “It’s just not happening.”
“Sorry,” said Gonzo, putting his hand on Rizzo’s shoulder. “I know you really wanted to do this in the Christmas show.”
“Yeah,” Rizzo said, disheartened. “I wish we had a third voice to—“
“Could—could I be in this one?”
Rizzo and Gonzo looked around in surprise to see Sally Ann looking at them hopefully. They exchanged thoughtful looks.
“Um, Gloria Jean told me what you were doing. I—my baby brother is in Iraq right now. I’d like to do this song for him.” Her eyes were bright for a moment,
then she smiled. “I promised I’d lose money at the blackjack table since he’s not here to do it himself, but I’ve already done that. Could you use another
voice?”
“Um, sure!” said Rizzo enthusiastically. “There’s no reason third voice has to be a guy. Can you sing tenor?”
“Sure,” said Sally Ann. “When I eat my Wheaties!”
Gonzo ran over and got her a chair and they scooted close and looked at the music on the stand.
“Um, simple 2-part harmony until we get to the last verse,” said Rizzo. “Nothing fancy. We got minimal accompaniment, so this is really about the vocals.
Want to try it?”
“Sure,”
Rizzo hummed a note, shook his head, then tried again, patting his thigh in time. He nodded to the musicians and they began. Less than four measures into
the second measure, Rizzo and Gonzo exchanged looks over the top of Sally Ann’s head.
Yeah, Gonzo’s eyes said plain. Oh, yeah.
Can she sing tenor? Tenor eleven miles away?
No, sorry for the small joke.
Liked this scene, was sorry for Rizzo when his musical number wouldn't be included in the show.
But then Sally Ann stepped up.
Originally, I thought this should be a spot for Annie Sue... But since she didn't fly out to Vegas with the rest of the theater troop... And I actually do like Sally Ann stepping up to be part of this number, that's how the background characters get known or named in certain cases in the Muppet world. So I applaud this move.
And it's even more touching because of her baby brother.
She already lost money at the blackjack tables as she promised... Cute, cute joke.

Posted by Ru Ha-ha-hanna!: “So you’re not going down for the audition?” Kermit asked. Piggy had proven a real trooper. Having succeeded in distracting him from his work, she had afterward
plunged into furious activity to help him organize his notes. She had even typed them into his handheld, something that astonished Kermit.
“I didn’t know you could type!” he exclaimed. There seemed no end to the things about Piggy that surprised him.
“Yeah, well don’t tell anybody,” she growled. “It would ruin my rep.” She had printed everything and finished sorting the separate piles into envelopes.
Technically, this was Scooter’s job, but they had agreed that Scooter was entitled to some measure of a social life on this trip, especially since he had
scuttled his own plans to join them. Kermit watched her with admiration, and had a split-second fantasy of her seated behind a desk outside his office,
managing everything with streamlined efficiency. He glanced at his watch and shook himself out of his reverie.
Again, lots to get through...
Piggy's hidden talents? OK, nuff said, that's your fanfic specialty.
Considerate of Kermit to give Scooter some free time to balance out with his impromptu appearance at the stageshow in Vegas for Christmas.
Kermit... My froggy friend, leave those thoughts to yourself buddy. You'll get more satisfaction out of them that way.

Posted by 20, And Still Reading!: “So you’re really not going down to the audition?”
“Are you kidding?” Piggy said, rolling her eyes. “Me? Audition for that little shrimp? I don’t think so.”
Even as he registered his own disappointment, an idea was percolating behind his eyes, but he tried to play it cool. He picked up his notepad, wondering
how Piggy had known how to put all of his appointments into this little thing. “Well, I guess it’s just as well. It’s probably not your thing, anyway.”
Something about the elaborate casualness of his tone made Piggy look up suspiciously.
“Why wouldn’t it be my thing?”
Kermit looked up distractedly. “Hm? What? Oh--the audition thing. Well, Pepe said he was looking for a really hot dancer to be in this number with him,
but I guess he’ll want one of the younger girls to--”
“Younger girls?!”
“Well, sure. And besides, you’d have to learn a whole new number and everything.” He smiled benevolently. “Give yourself a break, Piggy. Let one of the
other girls—Piggy? Where are you going?”
“I don’t suppose it would hurt to just look in on auditions,” Piggy said. She was already halfway out the door, but she paused for a moment and looked at
him shrewdly over her shoulder. “Just for the record, you do not fool me for one instant,” she said with dignity, then stalked out the door.
Alone again, Kermit smiled. He would pay for his temporary freedom later, but it would probably be well worth it.
Ambitious amphibian, taking a calculated risk like that. But it worked I guess, since Piggy went down to the auditions...

Posted by Who said what?: “So we’re here, already. Where’s the fire?”
Yeah--what’s so important?”
“This better be good, shark bait. I was sorting my--”
“Si, si, everybody’s important, h’okay,” Pepe said airily. “But I wan’ to give ju first dibs, h’okay, before I have h’an h’open casting call, h’okay?”
“First dibs on what?”
“What are you talking about, you little--”
“I thought it was too early in the day for eggnog, but I guess--”
“His a new dance, number, h’okay? H’an h’I am wanting to give all the hot womens a shot at the role.” Pepe turned to Piggy and regarded her appraisingly.
“And ju too, Miss Bacon Bits.” If Piggy had been six inches closer, Pepe’s casting call might have been moot (It is hard to dance when you’re in traction!),
but the crowd of curious and somewhat baffled muppets was pressing too close around the little crustacean.
Laughed at that line.

Posted by Cha-cCha-Catha: “Dancing with you? My career is not that--”
“What role?”
“The dancing queen of my little be-bop,” Pepe responded patiently.
And who might that queen be? *Slyly wonders.

Posted by Cathcall: “Hi was going to look for outside talent, h’okay? But after the rehearsah the other day,
I thought some of ju ladies--”
There was a chorus of indignant squeals.
“What rehearsal?”
“Our rehearsal?”
“Were you spying on us, you little twerp?”
“Si, si--and it was sexy, h’okay? Ju ladies have some moves.”
“You were watching us?”
“Jes,” Pepe said complacently. “Rizzo, he was there, too. And Scooter--he was with us.”
Several sets of irate eyes turn accusingly on Rizzo and Scooter. Rizzo shifted uncomfortably under Gloria Jean’s gimlet gaze, but he smiled up at her gamely.
“I only had eyes for you, Sweetie,” he squeaked, as his erstwhile girlfriend advanced on him.

Scooter was wishing desperately that he and Sara had not cut their sightseeing trip short. He blushed furiously while Sara glowered at him.
“But, Honey,” he said helplessly. “I was just, um, looking for Pepe and….” He trailed off, knowing it was no good.
“You are sooo toast,” Sara muttered. She turned away from him, crossed her arms across her chest and looked through narrowed eyes at her boyfriend’s co-conspirator.
Busted!!!
*Rizzo pipes up: What kind of toast?
What?
Rizzo: Sara, she said Scooter was toast. So which kind? Whole wheat or rye?
Never mind. *Puts peanut butter cookie in rat's mouth to silence him for the remainder of the review.

Posted by Arrrrrrrubbbba!: If Pepe had been the recipient--albeit the unaware recipient--of hostile glances from the ladies surrounding him, he had now evoked the ire of the men as
well. True to form, Pepe was oblivious to it all.
“H’okay,” he was saying. “Thees song is about dancing, and shaking your bun-buns for h’all ju are worth.” He looked at Dr. Teeth, who had agreed to sit
in along with Floyd and Animal for the audition and grabbed a microphone.
There was a blast of sound for the band, Pepe began to sing.
“Mama said on the day I was born
There was a whole lotta shakin' goin' on
There was a party next door the people callin' out for more
And they played the boogie all night long
I was raised on a beat that was oh so sweet
Fed on the rhythm and blues
When she sent me on my way I heard my mama say
Son, don't forget your dancin' shoes!”
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance.”
There were many pairs of surprised eyes in the crowded backstage area. The grumbling had died down, and more than one person was tapping their toes or moving
in time to the music. It was infectious, making everyone want to dance. If Pepe was even aware of the others, you couldn’t tell. He was lost in the music,
his whole body in perpetual motion.
Without warning, Clifford and Amy Lu charged the stage, boogieing as though their lives depended on it. Rizzo and Gloria Jean joined them after a split-second
of non-verbal communication, leaping onto the stage and gyrating wildly. That was all the encouragement the rest of them needed. They bounded or hopped
up on the stage in a frenzy, all but crowding the sassy crustacean off his mark.
“When you're down at a party and the music's hot
And you see somebody that you like a lot
Don't fight the feelin' if the feelin's right
Take a chance and dance 'cause tonight's the night
We'll do it right
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance…
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance…
Bop, bop, bop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance, dance, dance
And there you have it... A truly Muppety musical number! Yaeey!!
You don't think Yolanda will be cross with Rizzo when they get back home for flirting/fraternizing with Gloria Gene? Oh well, use it if you want for a plot device later in the story.

Posted by Ru, Ru, Ru: “Okay peoples,” Pepe shouted over the noise of many thumping feet. “Here is the part for the hot womans, h’okay?” He moved the microphone to one of his
other hands in a move reminiscent of Elvis and launched into the final verse.
“Back in '57 I was just a little boy
And my sister Jenny Sue, she was the queen of the hop
After school she'd be stackin' up her 45's
Practising her shimmy shimmy koko bop
She had to do it right 'cause come on Saturday night
She was the hot girl on the floor
Mama'd catch her in the kitchen but instead of doing dishes
She'd be brushin' up her boogie on the 'frigerator door!”
By this time, Pepe’s audition resembled a circus, or the disco from the previous night. Everyone was twisting and moving, shaking and rotating like tops
on a freshly waxed floor.
“Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance Dance
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance Dance
Bop, bop, bop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance, come on and dance, dance
Da-da-dance, come on and dance, dance
Da-da-dance!”
“Ah when it's come-a come-a doo down down pretty baby
And the music starts movin' and it's drivin' you crazy
Don't get caught just-a hangin' around
'Cause you gotta get up if you wanna get down
Get up, get up, get down down down!”
“Come on and dance, dance
Don't it make you wanna get up and dance
Bop, bop, bop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance
Bop 'til you drop
Move it 'til you lose it
Dance, dance
Bop, bop, bop
Come on, come on, come on
Move it 'til you lose it
Move it 'til you lose it
Move it 'til you lose it
Floyd made a couple of impressive and purely improvised thumps on his bass that brought the whole thing to a thundering end. When the sound died away, everyone
looked around as though stunned.
“Wow,” Janice said at last. “That was some song, Pepe!”
“Si, si,” said Pepe, sitting down limply on the edge of the stage. “Hi am exhausted, h’okay?” He looked up at last, finally registering the looks of approval
on everyone’s face. It gave him a moment's pause. “You like?” he said at last.
There was a resounding chorus of “YES!” and Pepe reassumed his superior air.
“Si, is good. Now, someone fetch me a bottled water and Hi will watch all the hot womens do their thing.” There was a moment of silence, then all of the
men scrambled to find a more comfortable spot to watch.
Hey... Don't forget about us here in the audience! We wanna watch the auditions too taking place there in the wherever it is they are. Any chance of...
*Sits back down quietly.

Posted by Cathmas Wishes: Oblivious to the recent activity backstage, Kermit took his seat in the front row of the auditorium and wondered where everyone was. He had not been there
more than a few moments when Piggy poked her head out from behind a curtain the waved at him. She joined him a few minutes later wearing pink tights, a
bright purple leotard and character shoes. He looked at the ensemble and debated whether or not to ask.
“Audition go off okay?”
Piggy waved her bottled of citrus-flavored water airily. “Piece of cake,” she said, although Kermit could tell she had been dancing with great energy. He
might have commented further, but Rizzo’s voice called out from backstage.
“You ready, Kermit?”
“Anytime, Rizzo,” Kermit called. He settled back and waited.
The stage lights came up dimly on what, at first glance, appeared to be a campfire scene, but on closer examination proved to be a pot—presumably bubbling—over
a can of what looked like sterno. A handful of characters, all dressed in soldier’s fatigues, sat on backpacks or squatted near the suspended caldron.
Clifford had one foot up on a box, staring into space.
Rizzo stood near center stage, obviously reading a letter. He let out a sigh, folded the letter twice and held it in his hands gently. He raised his eyes,
looked out at the audience, and began to sing.
“I’ll be home for Christmas. You can count on me.” He looked out at the desert setting wanly. “Please have snow, and mistletoe. And presents under the tree.”
Softly in the background, Rowlf began to play the comb, its breathy hum underscoring Rizzo’s voice nicely. Clifford sat down and began to beat a rhythmic
tattoo on the box, its hollow sound the perfect background for the plaintive song.
Gonzo came up and joined him center stage, putting a hand on his shoulder. “Christmas eve will find me where the love-light gleams.”
“I’ll be home for Christmas,” they sang, their voices blending nicely. “If only in my dreams.”
Sally Ann stepped up near them. Her curls were pulled up beneath the fatigue hat, her pretty face devoid of lipstick.
“I’ll be home for Christmas,” she sang, her voice earnest and clear. “You can count on me. ““Please have snow—“
“—and mistletoe!” Rizzo added.
“And presents under the tree,” sang Gonzo softly, finished the phrase.
“Christmas eve will find me where the love-light gleams,” they sang together. The harmony was close, and complicated, but it worked wonderfully with the
minimalist accompaniment. “I’ll be home for Christmas,” they sang, their voices blending nicely. “If only in my dreams.
“Yes, we’ll be home for Christmastime—if only in our dreams.”
The song died away slowly, then the stage went dark, then the lights came on brilliantly, blinding Kermit. Almost before he could comment, Rizzo was standing
in front of him.
“Did you like? Huh? Did you like it?”
“I loved it, Rizzo—that was terrific!” Kermit said happily. This was going to be a nice addition to their Christmas half of the show. “And I loved the accompaniment.”
He smiled up at the musicians. “Nice work, guys!” he called.
“No problem,” Rowlf said. “Hardest part was finding a comb in this crowd.”
Piggy gave him a snotty look but decided it wasn’t worth the effort. It had been a lovely rendition of the familiar carol, and she had been especially moved
by Sally Ann’s participation. She knew Sally Ann had a brother who was stationed overseas, and knew he must be on her mind.
“Very nice,” she called, but she left the directing to Kermit. She put the cold bottle of water on her forehead, mentally calculating. With this song to
round out the Christmas half, and Pepe’s song to bolster the 50s portion of the show, they were going to give their audience full measure for the cost
of admission. Piggy smiled. This was going to be a very nice Christmas after all.
That was very touching... The campfire scene added just the right scenery needed to bring this piece home where the heart is.
Toughest part was finding a comb... Another cute Muppety joke.
Piggy's leaving the directing to Kermit? Doesn't sound like it from her own internal scheming of touches for the Christmas show. But it's OK so long as...
Well, so long as we get more story soon.

Enjoy the muffins, the names, the review... Everything. Thank Ru, and I hope more gets posted soonish.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder if the others have read the newest update for this epic from the feather of the one who has a gill instead of a quill.
Hope for more soon!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 34: Bunsen Honeydew Decorates for the Holiday

“Why Beakie, I think this is the most exciting thing I’ve ever created!” gushed Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
At the word “exciting,” Beaker stepped back nervously, but he eyed the contraption before him with interest.
“Mee me me meep?” he asked.
“Do?” said Dr. Honeydew. “Why—lots of things! It’s an all-purpose holiday decoration, and it combines a number of useful lawn tools!”
Cautiously, Beaker retreated another half-step.
“Here—I’ll show you!”
Beaker covered his head protectively with his hands (yeah, like that would help) but nothing untoward happened. The small box in front of him sprouted a Christmas tree, which then opened, strung itself with lights and then produced its own ornaments. With a small pop, the lights came on and the ornaments began to twirl. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas,” began to play.
“Mee mow!” Beaker exclaimed. Dr. Honeydew blushed and looked modest. “You’re too kind,” he said, obviously thrilled. “And when you push the button, it changes to—“
Again, Beaker stepped back, but the tree denuded itself, sucked in the strings of lights and flipped itself closed like an umbrella, which soon disappeared into the small, round hole in the top of the box. Honeydew’s lab assistant peered into the little hole, but jumped back sharply when a long stem shot out and transformed itself into an enormous champagne glass full of party hats, autonomic noise-makers and recyclable confetti. “Auld Lang Syne” began to play.
“See,” said Honeydew excitedly. “Now it’s for New Years!”
Again, nothing untoward seemed to happen. Beaker began to relax. (Oh, I can’t look.)
“The next holiday,” said the demented little scientist, “should be Groundhog’s Day.” He pressed the button again and the champagne glass retracted.
“Meemow moo?” said Beaker, turning to look at Dr. Honeydew. (Someone tell me when it’s over.) Without warning, an enormous groundhog popped out of the miniscule hole and peered up at the sky. The artificial lighting of the casino seemed to disorient the alleged groundhog, which then began to look around frantically for something. His beady little eyes fell on Beaker, who was not quite quick enough on the uptake. Before Beaker could emit even a squeak of terror, the holiday rodent snatched him up and retreated back into the little box. It was a rather tight fit, especially going back down into the hole. The groundhog deflated neatly—Beaker, not so neatly.
After Beaker was gone, Bunsen Honeydew peered myopically into the little hole.
“Beaker—stop playing around and come out of there,” he insisted. “And whatever you do, don’t touch—“
Abruptly, the sound of a lawn mower cranking to life was heard, followed by a terrified squeal from Beaker. Honeydew sighed and stared into the little hole.
Tufts of red hair spritzed up.
“You missed a spot, Beakie. If you’re going to do the lawn, at least try to do it in diagonal rows. They look so much neater.”
There was no sound from Beaker, but the little box began to play, “Spring Is Busting Out All Over.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Laughs uproariously.

Wow... That was rully good... And a nice little short chapter.
The holiday box, a neat and clever contraption created by Muppet Labs.
The tree was beautifully self-decorated. Amazed at how it folded itself in like an umbrella.
The noisemakers and champagne glass, trully befitting the first day of the year.
Beaker was right to be cautious of the new invention... But he should've known it'd get him eventually... He shouldn't've inspected the glittering glass so closely.
The groundhog... Grabbing the hapless assistant... And then the lawnmower for Spring...
Too funny.

You don't suppose Beaker could've tried to talk to him guinea pig speech attempting to converse in groundhog?
Anyway... This was great and funny and I await more when you can get it posted.