Interesting Gulf War News

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don't think the article was meant to be offensive to those without a higher education. In fact, some of those stars may have dropped out of college or need not go on to college because their acting careers took off. But the American public and media for whatever reason has treated a celebrities opinion as if more important or more informed than you or I, the ordinary citizen. Just because they are a celebrity doesn't give them more information than the rest of us.

It also counters the argument that many on the left seem to readily throw out and that 'Bush is stupid'. Who would you rather trust making international policy? A celebrity with little information, or people that have dedicated and spent their lives in public service with all the resources of the government and it's intelligence services? Look at it from the reverse angle. Who would you rather see starring in a movie, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell or somebody that is trained in acting?

CraigD

Reaction score
I don't know. If it's a toss-up between Colin Powell and Chris O'Donnell, I think I'd take Powell. :big_grin:

tomahawk

Reaction score
So what people are saying is that Dubbya is an intelligent man. What kind of drugs are you on? I must not be getting the good stuff. Is that C.I.A. stash? He has been handed everything he has from having money and his name. I like how the forum has been spinning with words like, squishy and Houstonian. It kind of makes me feel all warm and giddy. U.S.A. #1!!!!!!!! Everyone feel better now. Feel the ego flowing.

tomahawk

Reaction score
So let me get this straight Wolfy, you get all of the intelligence finding facts from boycott-hollywood.us. Sounds like a real fact finding machine. Sounds like one of those companys that censor the dvds to make tham safe and sterile for viewing.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
At least the article Wolfy cited regarding the educational background of the celebrities is based on fact. Don't know if that can be said for websites such as bowlingforcolumbine.com, which seems to be so-often cited in the anti-war posts. The Wall Street Journal did an opinion piece (Unmoored from Reality) debunking the "facts" as depicted in the movie:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110003233[/URL]

For more corrections to the movie you might want to check out this site:

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html[/URL]

DirthNader

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The guidelines are merely about mutual respect used in expressing these opinions, not necessarily the substance of them. We have many different members and mutual respect is a must. In order for the forum to be successful, we must not allow harassment or mean-spirited banter of any member through Muppet Central.

I wouldn't worry too much. It takes a lot to cross the line. We are a passionate group, but when that passion turns to anger there's a problem. Warnings are usually issued and we really try to work it out. There are no surprises. Thanks for asking that question. I'm sure others have been thinking that too.

Personal views are fine, personal attacks are not. The guidelines are coming soon and all further questions will be answered at that time.
Thank you. I think I can live with such guidlines.

Luke

Reaction score
I think the guidelines could do with having some pointers as to where things are discussed (like in the right forum folders etc) and what is appropriate/unappropriate at MC (off topic stuff being limited to the Gen Discussion folder, family forum so keep topics friendly to that etc etc). It doesn't need to take away peoples freedom, just give em a nudge in the right direction.

tomahawk

Reaction score
So muppetsrule do you know who writes for these so called unbiased websites. And I've got an idea. For all of you pro-Bushers out there that are under the influence that this war is just and that they are fighting for YOUR American way of life, boycott all of the artists works on the website. COME ON!!!! WALK THE WALK AND TALK THE TALK you upstanding citizens you. And that goes for all you Star Wars/Indiana Jones fans. Yes Harrison Fords name is also on the list. And don't ever listen or buy another album from R.E.M. or the Dave Matthews Band. All of those un-patriotic artists.DARN THEM, DARN THEM STRAIGHT TO HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!