Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
I hear Robin on his cellphone having an angry conversation with someone (I know it's not a friend or relative) . If I'm not wrong I hear a couple of swear words being said . I had told that kid, to watch his mouth! A couple of minutes later I hear him knocking on my door and he comes in
Robin: Mom.... what was that saying your dad had about brains and hats?
Brains and hats? ...brains and hats? forgetting for the moment about Robin's phone call.... Oh yeah! Use your head for more than a hat rack ! Why?
Robin: Well ..an idiot of a classmate of mine is loving this time off! He doesn't think the virus isn't that serious! He just thinks it's as serious as a cold. :mad:
And this explains you cursing on the phone?
Robin: You heard it? :embarrassed:
Yep.
Robin: There go my candied insects for Easter huh?
No. Look Robin, I don't appreciate you cursing . But this time I'm letting it slide. .I agree.Although I myself wouldn't swear like a drunken sailor on the phone about how serious this is . YOU'RE smart to know .
Robin: True.

Katzi428

Reaction score
:sympathy: : walking through the door with a sigh: I have to close the tavern until further notice..
Sorry buddy placing a hand on :sympathy:'s shoulder .
:sympathy:: Thanks: reaching in the fridge to get a beer . Hensonville sure ,looks like a ghost town right now . Ah well. At least all of us employees are gettin' paid Hey Kitty Kat...how's bout I fix ya one of my famous Arnold Palmer's ?
Sure...why not? Only if you feel like it!
:sympathy: : My pleasure!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
At least one week's almost done with, we still have another of official curfew though that might get extended. Heck of a way to start off the spring season.

*Leaves a batch of sesame seed rock cubes wrapped up with a bird-day card at Apt 3's mailbox for :wisdom:

Katzi428

Reaction score
knocking on Robin's door He has a I Might Be On Skype With The Family At The Swamp So Please Knock! Thx! sign .. I hear Robin say "Yeah?
Me: It's Human mom "
Robin C'mon in ! I'm almost off Skype . ...then I hear him say Hey Frog mom HM is is here is if you wanna talk to her.
I walk in and Robin gets up his computer so I can talk to his mother Leaper. . She says to me. "Hi Kathy! How are you all faring out over there! "
Things are slow here We have a curfew How about out there in the swamp?
Leaper: I was telling Robin sooner or later we'll have to be quarantined to our homes.
Yeah...it's coming to that too. Thankfully we have stuff to do around here . So nobody'll get restless.
Leaper: I'm sure OUR son can work on cleaning his room....raising her voice a bit.....I can see that room is not Shiip shape Robin!!
Robin...ER uh....
Nice having two moms on your case huh kiddo? :smirk:

Robin mumbling Next time I skype I'm putting a blanket over the camera
Leaper: What was that my darling??
Robin: Ohhh nothing! I was going to clean my room anyway!

The truth?
Robin: Honest
Leaper: Right flipper up to your Grandma Jane?
Robin : Yep!
Leaper : OK....let me get going! Hugs & kisses to you both! Robin...dad's going to call either tonight or tomorrow.
Robin: Gotcha! Love ya mom! Stay safe!

Katzi428

Reaction score
All of us are playing UNO, and I have a Draw 4 a red 7 & yellow Reverse . Now I could get rid of the the Draw 4 (because it's worth 50 points on my score ) .& have :hungry: Draw 4 . But he's saying how much I LOVE peas and lima beans . He'll make a special casserole made from them . JUST for me if I try anything! . But I think he's bluffing! So I put the card down.
:hungry:: Peas und lima bean cessrool fur Kethy!
Helga (Chef's wife) : HEY! Be un adult
Thank you Helga! ....
:sympathy: : UNO!!
Robin: Awww Rowlf , you're kidding!I still have a whole bunch!
:super:: Me too!
Prairie: UNO here too!

Hoo boy!
The game ends a few minutes later with Rowlf winning!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I find out that a teenager in Brill County (which is a neighboring county to us here) has gotten this awful virus. This (naturally )makes me think of Robin . So do I I get in his case about being careful . Or think he'd be smart enough to remember . Maybe I'll hint and leave a hand sanitizer laying around .
Robin comes out of the shower ...
Oh hey Mom!
Hi Robin!
Robin looking at the TV: I go to school with that kid Alvin. Poor guy.
Yeah ..I know.
Robin: I'd been putting stuff on my flippers all this time. But now I'm putting stuff on my flippers and washing up before and after meals!
No need to worry, I guess Thank you Robin .
Robin : For what?
Nothing ....it's not important.
Robin shrugs . OK and heads off to his room
How did Robin wind up with such a great kid? Unless his Uncle Kermit and/or Robin's parents gave him the distinct warning never to give me a tough time. I'd been Robin's human mom for a long time and yes I'd been mouthed off to once . But I was IMMEDIATELY apologized to. (It was because he was glared at by :sympathy: )

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Over in Apt 1...

The scare crew has finished dinner, rice with some good ol' corny corned beef and American chips, Ed washes the plates and cutlery while :batty: sets up the Scrabble on the table for a few rounds amongst the fellow fiends.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Prairie: We have some channels for free until this virus is gone.
Big mouth!:rolleyes: Some channels aren't COMPLETELY free. You have to call to hook some channels up. Mars TV is the only one you don't have to.
Prairie : Ooops.. Sorry
And Robin is going to school Online. He's not thrilled with this prospect. If he knew we were getting these channels, his little frog butt would be sitting in front of the TV all day.
Prairie: nodding in understanding.
Speaking of Robin , he comes out of his room
Lunch break . I had thought the rest of the school year would be out because of the virus. But they're teaching us Online. he grabs a drink out of the fridge and makes a sandwich Phooey!
Well is it easier than being in class itself?
Robin: I can play video games on the side while the teacher is teaching.
But you don't do that, right?
Robin: Why not? I built a nice building in Minecraft!
I raise my eyebrows at him
Robin: Mom!! I'm kidding!! Have you ever know me to goof off in school? Even if this is home school I won't goof off. all right? I swear!
I know I can trust you. OK.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mars TV huh? Well, so long as the TV channels are from Mars and the new released movies are from Venus, I don't see what the problem would be.

UD: How droll, the bear will be wanting that one for his act.
No worries, we'll just let him have it. I'm glad that they'll let us go for groceries, :batty: already volunteered, and yes, he'll have a list of what we need so they'll hopefully let him buy what we've jotted down to restock the shelves here at home.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Mars TV huh? Well, so long as the TV channels are from Mars and the new released movies are from Venus, I don't see what the problem would be.

UD: How droll, the bear will be wanting that one for his act.
No worries, we'll just let him have it. I'm glad that they'll let us go for groceries, :batty: already volunteered, and yes, he'll have a list of what we need so they'll hopefully let him buy what we've jotted down to restock the shelves here at home.
Did you see my PM re the "Mars TV"? The programming channel is named after a different planet . But I don't want to get in trouble w/the law . So I called it something different in here.
ANYWHO:
Robin: I guess I'll have to spend Easter here. I was supposed to go to the swamp. But with this virus going around , everyone is quarantined.
Yeah. Robin . You're a mature frog. I know you'll understand about not getting much in your basket.
Robin: Yep...I do. No problem
You're sure?
Robin: Positive!
Thank you! Once everything is back to normal, I'll make it up to you.
Robin: Oh Mom ..you don't need to! This wasn't your fault! I don't want you thinking I'm a spoiled brat! I'm a lucky frog ! Everyone tells me that!
And a loved one at that! hugging him All right...I won't feel guilty anymore . Easter isn't for another week and change anyway. I thought it was this Sunday. It's a week from Sunday.
Robin: Right!