Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
Gaffer is meowing at the door
No honey....you're not going out. Those fireworks will be going off in a little while. You've only got one eye as it is. I don't want you losing the other one because of a lose firecracker. . Here...have a kitty yum-yum. bending down to give her a kitty treat which she sniffs and takes
:super: : How is your new kitten ,Kathy?
Oh, Oliver's cute, Grover! If only he would learn to stop biting and scratching. :rolleyes:. We softly but firmly tell him no-no.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, it's been a full month here already. Nice to see :sympathy: in the episode of Muppet Babies I watched while babysitting with Mom and the wriggling lil Jabba that is my niece.
:batty: How old is she now?
Half a year, she's really growing what with her budding teeth and crawling all over the place. She identifies/lights up smiles when it's either Mom/Grandma when she gets picked up out of her playseat or me when I show up near her.
:insatiable: That good. What food she eat now?
She's still drinking milk or water from her baby bottles, but she's given a pureed rice or grain cereal with banana mash in the mornings and some processed veggies/tubers in the afternoon if she'll actually eat that before my sister arrives to pick her back to go home.
UD: How charming. The little waif hasn't caused any problems yet?
Not really. Just a matter of Mom getting her to fall asleep, mostly after feedings for her naptimes; or making sure we're there to sooth her when she starts bawling a little. All in all, it's been a good experience for us.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin : Mom ? How often do I ask you for favors?
Not often . Why?
Robin: Well this one is a biggie! Megan's dad is going on a business trip and she was supposed to stay with Nancy. But Nancy and her family have the flu. Sooo.....
So you wanted to know if Megan could stay here. .
Robin: Yeah. Mom, Meg loves you like a mother and she could stay in Prairie's room with Prairie! I won't try anything. HONEST!!
Let me talk to Meg's dad about it. When is he going on his trip?
Robin: Tomorrow.
Tomor....Thanks for leaving me enough time to decide , Robin! :rolleyes:
Robin: Well the whole Kidd family just got sick yesterday into this morning!
:sigh: OK. sorry.....calling Meg's dad (Jason) ...and it rings once before he picks it up ..."Hi Kathy...how are you?"
Hi Jason ..Robin was telling me you're in a bit of a bind .
Jason: Yeah. I'm supposed to go on a business trip and Nancy and her family are sick..So I'm gonna have to cancel my trip now. I'd call my mom to come down here now. But she lives in Delaware and the next flight isn't until tomorrow night and I gotta be out of here on the red eye tomorrow morning .
I was thinking Meg could stay here? She's a really sweet kid. Robin already swore up and down he won't try anything .
Jason: You're SURE it won't be an inconvenience ?
Hey...if it was, I wouldn't have said anything.
Jason: You might want to tell Meg yourself that she's going over there. Give her a call .
Right. Enjoy your trip .
Jason: I will now! I'll be gone from Sunday to Wednesday! Thanks SO much Kathy! If you ever need a favor , you've got it .
No thanks are necessary! Take care! hanging up and then dialing Megan's number it rings twice and a teary voiced Megan answers
Yeah?

Meg? Hi honey...it's Kathy
Meg: Hi.
Hey..you're crying! What's wrong?
Meg: I was supposed to stay at Nancy's while my dad was away . Now I can't . Her whole family and her have the flu.Now Daddy might have to cancel his trip. Didn't Robin tell you?
Yep...Robin told me. And I spoke to your dad . Your dad's still going .
Meg: Awww cr*p....don't tell me Grandma's coming here.
Nope. You're coming HERE!
Meg: What??
I said you'll be staying here with me, Robin Prairie Rowlf et cetera!
Meg squealing: OmigodomigodOmigod!!! Mama Kathy THANK YOU!!!:excited:
Awww Meg, too bad you're not excited!! :wink:
Meg: Very funny!
You still have to go to school though.
Meg: Oh I know that! I PROMISE I'll help out! Thank you SO much!
You're welcome!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Meg: Boy is Chef picky when it comes to people using his kitchen! It has to be super clean after you use it . :rolleyes: Thankfully I passed his inspection.
He's a nut about his kitchen. I think one time there was a bug infestation in a restaurant where he was a student and he got in trouble for it. So he still remembers it.
Meg: Blecchh!! OK....I'll give him a break. Do you know how to do a French braid?
No, but I always thought they were pretty. Why?
Meg: Well , there's a Super Bowl party this afternoon at Bobby's . Robin was talking about it last night, remember?
Yep.
Meg: Nancy was going to put my hair in a French braid.
Awww Meg, I'm sorry! Would you settle for a regular braid?
Meg: You don't mind?
Not at all! Go get a brush and we'll fix your hair.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin: holding out a package to me Hey Mom! You don't have to worry anymore ! I have my own stuff to get the junk off my flippers in case that awful virus comes . My mom sent a few packages of antibacterial gel. thru the mail. And it smells nice!
Smart frog mom you have there! What does it smell like?
Robin: opening it.... and smelling it ...Well smells nice to me ....swamp grass and flies .....Mmmmm....putting some on his flippers ... It's equal to lemons to you I guess
Yep. But wash your flippers too besides putting that stuff on , OK?
Robin: You've got it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy coupla weekends we have had or will. Last Friday, the scare crew went down for their biannual appointment with Dentist Johnson (look up her article at Muppet Wiki, she was a lavender Muppet from the VHS release titled Learning About Letters) and her human assistants who tended to Ed's routine cleaning. After that we went for breakfast at Jim's Coffee House and brought back some pastries for the afternoon. On Saturday night, we went to the Beetles concert being held at the Benny Vanderghast Memorial Theater :smile::wink: singing and generally having a good time. On Sunday, we had a barbecue feed down at the Bat Bolt and Skull with our fiends/family.

This weekend... Pie-Day on Saturday and then Caesar chicken salad for the Ides of March, and o' course St. Patrick's Day after that. Glad to have some time to relax what with helping Mom looking after that new niece of ours. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin: Mom? Do you know if there's school tomorrow?
If you go and the door is locked, then that 'll mean that they closed school!
Robin: Ma! C'mon! Be serious!
Why? I'm your human mom!
Robin: Because I'm Mr. Grumpy Frog all day if I don't get enough sleep and everyone has to pay for it in school! Including YOU when I get home!
No school tomorrow .But go to bed anyway . You were up early this morning and I don't want you catching this . Young frogs like you have delicate immune systems. yawning As do old fart human moms like me.
Robin: looking around Old farts? I don't see old farts! I see a young human mom! But I'll go to bed anyway . G'night Mom .
G'night Robin

Katzi428

Reaction score
:sympathy: : You know I have no idea why we had to buy so much toidy paper
:hungry:: Toidy paper?
Toilet paper.
:hungry: nods in understanding Mmhmm Mebbe this virus mite meke us go lotsa poopin
Prairie : Ugghh I hope not! Nasty! :eek:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I see the light in Robin's room is on So (hoping he accidentally fell asleep with it on) I knock on the door and open it He's awake and watching TV with a bag of chips!
Robin: Hi Mom!
"Hi Mom??" Excuse me You're awake past midnight for what reason? And with food in your room no less?
Robin: Well...I don't have school tomorrow or the next month or so because of the corona virus. So I can sleep late.
Robin, you know you may consider yourself lucky you're not sick. But think of those who are. Think of your family who are in the swamp. They have more of a chance than you do. The swamp is a damp place . So you may want to call them a lot and make them care packages to send them .This isn't exactly a vacation for you, you know.
Robin nodding solemnly I'm sorry .
Apology accepted. Plus I got an Email from the school . You kids will be getting assignments sent via Email .
Robin: Huh?
Yep.
Robin: Are you serious?
I'm serious!
Robin: Awwww shhhh
Careful.... Easter's coming and you know how hard it is for me to get your candied bugs .So don't say anything that'll cost you candied spiders!
Robin: Awwww sugar shack!
That's better. I know you're pretty annoyed. But as your mom I have to keep up your education, all right?
Robin: sigh I guess
Good . It's almost 1 AM now go to bed .
Robin: Yeah Night Mom. I love you
Love ya too buddy . Put the chips away please I don't want crumbs in here

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Posted by der KittyKat: "Robin: "Are you serius?""

Me, from outside: No, he's your dog/godfather.
(HP joke or running gag).

The rest of the scare crew is sleeping in their beds. Except Uncle Deadly who's skulking through the hallway, making use of the funny little door that allows him entry into the underworld.

Good thing we're stocked up for now and we have net access while under curfew. That, and :batty: can drive down to Hooper's Store for medicine or the local supermarket should more food be needed.

Hope everyone's doing as well as they can during this pre-Easter outbrake. :sympathy: