Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Gets a voicemail from Kathy in Apt 2. Sorry it seems like we weren't in today, we were home, just didn't notice the alert till now.

Had a good time handing out some homemade goodies on Thursday, dried coconut rolled heckeyes and chocolate covered dates as beetlebites or the other things inspired by the little extras from those Halloween baking shows.

Thanks for the cake :hungry:, I'm sure :insatiable: will love it as much as my other fiends liked your creations on their birth (or death) days.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Rully needed a laugh Kath, what with my glitchy connection at the moment and trying to clean up a mess in another of the threads. Though if they made these newfangled 10R iphones, where's the 10Q one huh? Not that I use an iPhone mind you.

Not sure if this'll be posted, but I hope a few friends got the birthday pressies we sent them. Oatmeal raisin cookies for Bert, poppyseed coconut shreddies for Prairie, and peanut brittle shattered caramel for Sara. :smile:
Bert: These cookies are really terrific!
Bryan: You still have some left?
Bert: sure!
Ernie: Who do ya think you’re talking to? The Cookie Monster?? Khehehe!!
Bert: (laughs)
Bryan: Speaking of cookies...we should start thinking about what to bake to share with everyone for thanksgiving.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a rainyish day today. Glad there's some activity over in Apt 3, the Twiddlebugs in the flowerboxes were flittering about.

*Still have some Halloween goodies left over from this past weekend's haul/baking.

Katzi428

Reaction score
YAY! My package came! :excited: opening a box that was delivered
:super::
Kathy! You know better than to open Christmas presents early!
I ordered something from Online,you goofball!
:super:: Oh! Is it for me?
Well, it's for everyone...sort of. Hey everyone! Get in here! I want to show you something!
All the occupants of our happy household show up.
Remember that globe that I had ? It had lots of lights inside .But it had a short so I had to get rid of it.
Chef , Prairie Robin & Grover nod . But Rowlf is clueless.
I'm sorry Rowlf . It was this globe I'd put it up around Christmastime It had all these pretty lights that'd light up . My grandmother had it and I loved it as a little girl. My mother had it. But then it developed a short. So anyway. I was at my mom's the other day . She now has something like it. So I ordered it Online!. And TA-DA! opening the box and checking to see if it's okay (hoping it is) Here it is!! :smile: I know it's shaped like a cake and not a globe. But it's somewhat the same as the globe. Andthe lights don't flash.
:sympathy:: Kath?
Yeah?
:sympathy:: Ya gonna plug it in an' quit with the sales pitch?
laughing Yes sir! plugging it in and it gives off soft pastel colors Everyone ooohhss & ahhssss
There's Christmas colors too.
:sympathy:: *sneaky voice* Did it cost ya just a nickel?
What.....then I get it....Oh VERY funny Rowlf!:rolleyes:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin: knocking on my bedroom door and then coming in I'm going to bed Mom....I have a Science test tomorrow and I'm all studied out .
OK honey...good luck on your test .
Robin: Thanks. looking at my TV .....Hey it's Christmas Vacation! The movie where Chevy Chase wants his boss to have the hap... hap...happiest ..... Christmas since Bing Crosby danced with ......
Robin Jerald the Frog.....
Robin: .......Danny stinkin' Kaye!!!!! Hallelelujah!!!! Holy Crud!Where's the Tylenol! :wink:
shaking my head and face palming : Goodnight Robin!!
Robin: Night Mom!

Katzi428

Reaction score
hearing noises in the kitchen and then the refrigerator opening ......I get out of bed thinking I'll see Robin getting first digs on the Thanksgiving goodies ..........I say...FLIPPERS OFF Bud... , but it's :hungry: Chef! Why are you up?? I almost was going to blame Robin for getting first crack at the food for tomorrow!
:hungry:: Just chekking on my pie! It soopuzed tu chill oovernite!
Ahhh...OK!
It's a checkered pie, right?
:hungry:: Ja! Und I better nut find eny marks in it. Flippur or fingur!
Don't look at ME! putting hands up! Talk to Robin Rowlf or anyone else!
:hungry:
: Okee! I can trust yu ! Gudnite!

Katzi428

Reaction score
All of us are watching Christmas Eve On Sesame Street It gets to the part where Oscar is "cursing " at Big Bird and the train is muting it out. .
Robin: Sheesh ....Oscar is a potty mouth !
:super: : Yep....that's Oscar, all right!
:hungry:: : I wunder if he ever said enything kleen wen he wuz littul , hiz muther washed hiz mouth out with sumthing dirty?
all of us laugh
I never thought of that, Chef!
*A little while later , Kermit is on the show*
Robin: Hey! There's Uncle Kermit! Wow! He looks young! Ya know, he still has that hat and jacket, I think. Both are kinda worn out though. There's a rip in the lining of the jacket. .He keeps sayin' he's gonna get rid of it. But he never does.
* A little while later Grover is interviewing some kids*
Grover: Oh! There I am! Don't I look adorable?
Yep! You sure do!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, :grouchy: would get his mouth cleaned with vanilla ice cream if his mother caught him saying something nice/sweet/ungrouchy.

*Chuckles at the young Robert Dinero kid interviewed by :super:, the one who just sort of shrugs at not knowing what'll happen if Santa can't deliver all the presents.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
(Big Bird is sitting outside on a bench, beak down giving a little sigh)
Bryan: You okay, Big Bird...?
Big Bird: ...
Bryan: Us too. (Gives him a gentle rub on his feathery neck)
(Bert, Ernie, Prairie, Count, and Grover all gather round for a group hug. Oscar is nearby looking gently reflective and looks down in reverence in a rare moment of grouchy warmth)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally! Feels good to get back home after being shut out in the underground bunker for a while. Internet connections fixed, Cryptmas decorations set up with the monster wreath on our door and the ornaments hanging on the tree in the unliving room's corner, number cookies baked and ready to hand out. We've been busy and ready to rejoin the gang here at HVC.

*Sends a birthday package of Carroll songs to Bryan, along with individual cards for :wisdom: and :grouchy: