HBO Max removes nearly 200 Sesame Street episodes, modern specials, and the Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somebody on the Toughpigs forum said, not surprisingly, that they are phasing out HBO Max. If HBO Max discontinues, I wonder if Sesame Street will go to the Discovery app or what.

wiley207

Reaction score
Somebody on the Toughpigs forum said, not surprisingly, that they are phasing out HBO Max. If HBO Max discontinues, I wonder if Sesame Street will go to the Discovery app or what.
Not just "Sesame Street," but HBO Max also has a great library of Looney Tunes shorts, not just the newer series but LOTS of classics from 1931 to 2004. Even cartoons that Boomerang's (currently dormant) streaming service doesn't want to touch. (Still no Speedy Gonzales, though.) And they're all restored in gorgeous high-definition. And they also have a decent amount of Scooby-Doo content, again with the old stuff restored in HD. I talk about the HBO Max debacle here...

wiley207

Reaction score
Huh. I thought Speedy was on there. I guess I’m conflating that with the fact that many have recently been restored and airing on ME-TV.
Yep, I noticed that too. Maybe one day they'll be available on streaming again...

ssetta

Reaction score
This probably doesn't seem like much, but I noticed that Elmo Saves Christmas and Christmas Eve on Sesame Street are back on there. I think those are usually only available during the holiday season.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
This probably doesn't seem like much, but I noticed that Elmo Saves Christmas and Christmas Eve on Sesame Street are back on there. I think those are usually only available during the holiday season.
'Cau$e 'ti$ be the $ea$on.

wiley207

Reaction score
On a similar note, HBO Max just removed all the "Looney Tunes" cartoon shorts from 1951 to 2004. And that included a lot of their best titles! Of course, David Zaslav is to blame once again, in another one of his signature controversial moves, and I bring that up in this vlog where I also reference the "Sesame" thing...