HBO Max removes nearly 200 Sesame Street episodes, modern specials, and the Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Viacom pulling Sesame Street off Noggin isn’t something they did out of spite. That’s something you’re personally choosing to believe.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I, for one, think it was presented well in a neutral point of view. And frustrated as I was seeing so many of the 70s-90s era stuff get taken down, Joe made a good point in the article - we aren’t entitled to these episodes.

That said, for me personally, I was more frustrated with the fact that when this first came out, it really was a huge dopamine-release of goodness for me with how insanely stressed out I was with the pandemic, the riots, and my real life situation of my folks selling our house that it really helped take off some tension. So when it was removed, it felt like a present I showed my absolute gratefulness with (instead of it being a situation where some fans are like “hOw CoMe ThIs EpIsOdE wAsN’t InClUdEd????”) was just taken away because “Herp derp entertainment industry life.” It felt just as frustrating when Flash discontinued and so many of my old childhood online games disappeared forever. (And yes, I did take that one personally).

Again while we’re certainly not entitled to them and I absolutely agree completely, it doesn’t also mean I’m just gonna force myself to accept it and move on. No, I do personally feel frustrated with these business decisions Warner has been making cause it honestly just feels like a case of them playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

But….. whatever. Life goes on in the end, and there’s nothing we can do but vent about it. :smirk:

Last edited:

datman24

Reaction score
In all honesty, while the "classic" episodes are geared for older audiences, at the end of the day, I think they still have to be at least good enough for today's preschoolers to gain something out of them. There are some episodes and/or segments they won't if release if the content in question is no longer suitable for today's preschoolers (the Old-School DVD's being one of the rare exceptions). It's this reason why we're likely never going to see an official release for the Wicked Witch episode or any episode involving pre-Kevin Clash Elmo.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Right….. but any episode with orange Oscar or green Grover is fine. 🙃 #Doublestandards

datman24

Reaction score
Well, in all fairness, while their appearances have changed, they've kind of remained the same in terms of personality. Pre-Kevin Clash Elmo and Post-Kevin Clash Elmo might as well be two different characters who happen to have the same appearance.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair, Elmo didn’t exactly just change overnight. Kevin still gave him the “yes, yes, yes!” schtick for awhile.

Grover is also kind of debatable cause he was kind of a prick in the first season (and at times early in season 2).

datman24

Reaction score

ssetta

Reaction score
Also, for those of you Not-Too-Late show fans (I'm not one of them), episodes are still available on Google TV and presumably other services as well.