HBO Max removes nearly 200 Sesame Street episodes, modern specials, and the Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
My theory still is that they will continue premiering the current season's half-hour shows, occasionally throwing extras for the younger moms and dads, and keep whatever classic eps (edited and cleansed) that are already there. 2025 will reveal more about the future of the Workshop.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is a huge smack in the face for me. I was incredibly stressed out at the time with moving and the pandemic (and the riots at that) and this was a huge reward for me that really helped a lot. Thanks for nothing, Warner!

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
Well … can't say I'm really surprised, to the least possible degree. Without a consistent timeline for new entries to be added to the platform, it doesn't even make sense for HBO (merger with WB notwithstanding) to expect subscription revenue based on just our relatively small viewership. Since I began this discussion thread, I think I've abundantly expressed every apprehension I've had about this whole thing since way before the Workshop and HBO shook hands, because the same thing has happened with every other syndication deal before this one. IF the Workshop has any realistic interest in reconnecting us with the show we loved as kids (and they don't have to if they've become a for-profit operation), they would otherwise have to bring it back to the grass roots, perhaps by dedicating a viewer-contributed fund for solely this purpose, which I would be happy to support.

dvakman

Reaction score
I get funny looks these days from certain people about continuing to collect physical media and/or going out of my way to obtain downloads of all the films/programs/music that I really love. This is why. The streaming model is easy and convenient, until it isn't. Unless you own a copy, the state of your media collection will be continually subject to the whims of faceless corporations.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had been tempted to subscribe to HBO Max and never did (and when I heard about down things leaving the services, I was considering doing the free trial at least and watch as many classic episodes as possible). I had actually resisted watching street scenes that were unavailable until HBO Max (that and newly-remastered Looney Tunes would be my main incentive).