eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

goodrastus

Reaction score
Wow! Rizzo looks fantastic. I'm definitely in for one of those :smile: It's also a nice surprise to see the start of Piggy. I like the head shape too. Very, very promising! I pass judgment on the Kermit as it's incomplete and I'm happy with my Kermit I already have

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I think you have to think of this Kermit as a manequin to show off the clothes. I think the big problem is that they have him sitting. The coat would look much better if he was standing, but I'm pretty sure there isn't room in the display case for him to stand. And I think he's going to have pants, too. There just wasn't enough time to make them.

None of Rizzo's colors are final. This is, after all, a prototype that was hand dyed. They will be matched to the real colors when he goes into production.

I can't really describe how big Piggy's head is, except to say it's actual size. Maybe if I have time this morning, I'll post another picture of her next to Kermit (that's where she is), but I actually have to work this morning before I can go to the Con, so I may not have time to post again until late tonight.

To Muppetcaper: There was lots of Star Wars stuff in the booth, but this is Muppet Central. I'm sure some of the Star Wars fan sites will post pix of that cool stuff. If you don't see them anywhere else, post a message in this thread (my PM box is full) and I'll PM you a couple of pix before the Con is over.

:stick_out_tongue:

Edit: Sorry. It was muppetguy that asked about the Star Wars stuff, but I know Muppetcaper is also interested in that line.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think you have to think of this Kermit as a manequin to show off the clothes. I think the big problem is that they have him sitting. The coat would look much better if he was standing, but I'm pretty sure there isn't room in the display case for him to stand. And I think he's going to have pants, too. There just wasn't enough time to make them.

None of Rizzo's colors are final. This is, after all, a prototype that was hand dyed. They will be matched to the real colors when he goes into production.

I can't really describe how big Piggy's head is, except to say it's actual size. Maybe if I have time this morning, I'll post another picture of her next to Kermit (that's where she is), but I actually have to work this morning before I can go to the Con, so I may not have time to post again until late tonight.

To Muppetcaper: There was lots of Star Wars stuff in the booth, but this is Muppet Central. I'm sure some of the Star Wars fan sites will post pix of that cool stuff. If you don't see them anywhere else, post a message in this thread (my PM box is full) and I'll PM you a couple of pix before the Con is over.

Edit: Sorry. It was muppetguy that asked about the Star Wars stuff, but I know Muppetcaper is also interested in that line.
Thanks WOE! So it is the case of the stand-in MR Kermit being a tad too small for the clothes rather than the other way around? Also, is there any way for fans to request the Great Muppet Caper look for him instead of the red neck tie? :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Kermit's reporter costume is probably based on the most recent up to date costume?

Here is Kermits most up to date reporter outfit, from 2006.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/MeetingKermit007.jpg

I also agree that as it is reported that the MR Kermit is 10% smaller than the real thing, these clothes will be 10% to big, Im sure he'll look great. Also note that the real Kermit puppet, doesnt wear pants?

Rizzo is amazing, I cant wait to get him, Good start on Piggy too, so excited.

Chris

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow Rizzo looks very well done and they really took a lot of time and care to get it right. the only thing I have a problem with, is the tail. Rizzo's tail is more loses and is always moving this one is to stiff. Other then that I'm going to sell my house and one of my kids to get this Rizzo!

Nick22

Reaction score
rizzo just looks spectacular. 100% awesomeness. i'm not sure im going to get kermit. unless they decide to put him in the GMC era reporter costume. miss piggy looks great so far, and im excited for her.

so definitely put me down for a rizzo. i just have to snatch up gonzo and animal before anything is actually released.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Thanks WOE! So it is the case of the stand-in MR Kermit being a tad too small for the clothes rather than the other way around? Also, is there any way for fans to request the Great Muppet Caper look for him instead of the red neck tie? :smile:
I think the clothes fit better than they look. You can tell by the sleeves. The coat is bunched up funny because he's sitting.

As for the style, I have a feeling that's Disney's call. Anyway, the patterns that exist are the current ones. To make something from Great Muppet Caper era, they'd have to be recreated from scratch at great expense.

The puppet Reporter Kermit doesn't wear pants, but in the pictures I've seen of the poser, he does.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
WOW! ! ! ! I cannot take my eyes off these images. Thanks WOE for getting them to us. Rizzo is absolutely perfect, I really REALLY love him - for once no complaints...not one! Piggy is coming along brilliantly and although exceptionally early in the development it looks as though the head shape is the classic Piggy look we all hope for. EFX have done us proud, now all we have to do, as fans, is support the line and judging by the comments so far I cannot see that being a problem. I am genuinely blown away...FANTASTIC!

hoopless

Reaction score
I was just having a mooch around to see if i could find any pictures taken by people not on this forum and stumbled upon this quote from Bryan Ono saying

“Here at eFX Inc., our goal is to try and make collectibles collectible again. Which is why we’re going to try and give the collector some real value by seriously decreasing our edition sizes,” Bryan continued. “Which – in this case – means that we’ll only be making 500 replicas of the premiere piece in eFX’s Disney Gallery Collection.”

the whole article can be found here: http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_h...ing-right-to-the-heart-box-of-the-matter.aspx

Muppets aren't part of the Disney Gallery Collection are they? I can only hope they're a collection of their own otherwise there's gonna be some fights to get hold of a Rizzo. Can anyone confirm?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder what the plan is for Miss Piggy? Will her head be made from something durable like plastic or resin, or will it be foam, which will deteriate?
WOE, what was the displayed Miss Piggy head made out of?
Miss Piggy's head is 19cm(7 and a half inches) wide at the widest point and 15cm(6 inches) heigh.Add around 4cm(1 and a half inches) for the neck and around 11cm(4 and a half inches) for the ears.There will not be more than 1000 pieces of each Muppet edition.The 500 edition refers to the wicked Queen's heart box.