eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm still stunned by these new designs, but even more, by the time in which they have created them. Admittedly, they are prototypes and they may have to change some things in order to make them work on a mass-distributation line...(much as the other guys did with poor Gonzo), but judging from the way they work, the way they have gone, and the way these look now...We can expect a near perfect final product.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I wonder what the plan is for Miss Piggy? Will her head be made from something durable like plastic or resin, or will it be foam, which will deteriate?
WOE, what was the displayed Miss Piggy head made out of?
Miss Piggy's head is 19cm(7 and a half inches) wide at the widest point and 15cm(6 inches) heigh.Add around 4cm(1 and a half inches) for the neck and around 11cm(4 and a half inches) for the ears.There will not be more than 1000 pieces of each Muppet edition.The 500 edition refers to the wicked Queen's heart box.
Hey Muppetperson! Just a suggestion, people don't kill me here. Read this out first.

If they were to make a Piggy head from foam, which is a stronger more durable foam, I think, than Gonzo's nose, they can do what muppetperson did to his Gonzo.

Gonzo's nose is covered in that stocking ike material. Muppetperson then flocked over it. Miss Piggy's head is flocked. So, the stocking/netting will protect the foam and then floak over that, giving her the correct look and correct material.

Any thoughts. just a suggestion. Thank you.:wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
That's a good picture. This is what I was talking about. I think the clothes on Kermit look better here. That's the way a trenchcoat is supposed to fit, even on a human.

I don't know what the Piggy head is made out of, but whoever said regular people wouldn't get it was right. I took a friend of mine by to see them and he loved Rizzo and Kermit, but didn't even understand what the head was.

:stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm shocked that they have all that done. I know this stuff takes time, and the way Rizzo looks so well made I'm just like wow!

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Looking again I hope they switch to a more matte finish on Rizzo's hands. They're too shiny.

hoopless

Reaction score
.There will not be more than 1000 pieces of each Muppet edition.The 500 edition refers to the wicked Queen's heart box.
Thanks for that mupetperson. I'm saving now so i will hopefully have enough to order as soon as they're available.

peewee62

Reaction score
I was a muppet fan when growing up as a kid and am really happy with the Kermit, Animal and Gonzo to-date. I'm really glad that the line has been rescued and desperately await Fozzie and hopefully one day a Rowlf, but not wanting to start a riot......................as good as it looks, Rizzo just does not do it for me! I'm probably in a minority of 1 here but as i try to recall my distant childhood he just doesn't pop in to my mind. Obviously he's popular with many so I'm questioning my own Muppet loyalty! :embarrassed:

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Rizzo isn't one of the "classic" Muppets I don't think so we will not revoke your Muppet Fan card just yet PW. Rizzo really rose to fame on Muppets Tonight and the features after MTM. But as of now, he's in everything and is pretty popular (and don't forget SMALL). He's a good starting point for these guys.

Luke

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree, but Kermit's coat was made from the real patterns. They even matched the buttons. eFX is going for real, authentic replicas.
That may be but the clothes they turned out from those patterns just doesn't look right. Even with a 10% larger poser they would still hang loose and Reporter Kermits clothes are usually cut quite tight. It never fitted on Kermit like it does a human.

Maybe they had the dimensions for the puppet version, enlarged them for the poser and got them a bit too large. Just needs adjusting.

Props to them, that Rizzo is 200% better than what i was expecting, if not more. I will most definitely be ordering.