Dreams about Muppets...

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I had a dream about Bert last night - a disturbing one at that.

In my dream, Bert was in a mental ward in a hospital, and everything was going fine, but then he decided to resort to violence and was considering a robbery, smashing windows, and before I woke up out of my dream he threatened to kill.

Bert has been known for his being short-tempered during his early years on "Sesame Street", but I am glad he never acted the way he did in last night's dream of mine.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that I was watching the 50 Years and Counting DVD, and there was a change to Put Down the Duckie. The actual release is the original non-celebrity version, in this dream I was watching it, expecting it to not be the celebrity version... and suddenly it's a new celebrity edit, with modern celebrities (though I don't remember who).

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Ok, I just woke up from a rather specific and weird one. I can't tell you how hard it was to find this thread just to write about it.

I don't remember all the details, but what I do know is somewhere it involved a trailer for a Sesame Street direct to video release. It appeared to be from the mid 90s, around the time Sony Wonder had the video rights. The tape being advertised, which I forgot the name of, was a sort of sequel to "Monster Hits". The whole thing was narrated by the Count for some reason instead of the usual v/o. One of the segments sampled involved Humphrey, Ingrid and Big Bird in his nest, singing about soul food (also to a tune vaguely similar to the Monster Mash) to baby Natasha. Why?? I'll never know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A couple of nights ago I had a dream where I went to a convention that Bill Barretta and Martin Robinson were attending. And they didn’t seem to have a real booth or lines, they were just walking around the crowd and I was easily able to approach them, though I spent more time with Robinson than Barretta.

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
I dreamt of a Berenstain Bears book about Jim's death. It started on a trip to Disney World with the cubs.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that I saw a rare Sesame Street clip online, it had Biff and Sully... and Sully actually had a lot of dialogue in it. And it did not sound like any Richard Hunt character (sounds more like the kind of boy voice heard in songs like Rainy Day Song, Drink of Water, Ookyook Song... at least I assume those are boy voices, and I assume they are different voices).

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
So, about my dreams last night, boy oh boy it was interesting.

So, last night, I watched "Muppet Treasure Island" and there was this one scene where Miss Piggy (portraying Benjamina Gunn in the movie).

Side note: I have a HUGE crush on Piggy (and I'm not ashamed of it one bit).

In this particular dream, Piggy had the same exact outfit as in the movie.
Also most the exact same scene happened as in the movie.
Except she kissed me, I fainted then she karate chopped me.
"Old friend." I said.
Fainted again soon after.

Of course, friends cheered when I got karate chopped (I still hate then all for that by the way).

Skip ahead about an hour, after all was said and done, after we captured Long John Silver, Piggy and I kissed (lip to lip, no tongue if anyone's wondering. Again, not surprising coming from me, I know.) and I fainted because of it. Again. Best dream I've had in quite a while (first one I've remembered in quite some time too).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I dreamt a dream which switched to a few Muppet-related things.

One part had me looking at Muppet Wiki posts and seeing one where one of the administrators (one whom even had access to "trusted sources") was told to stop posting on the wiki for a while. He wasn't banned or blocked, and I think it was more of a suggestion. The reasoning in the dream was that he'd been known for some controversial behavior, which had nothing to do with the wiki but the wiki people really didn't want to be associated with him for the time being because of it. While I wasn't told to stop posting or that they didn't want to be associated with me, it did make me worry about what would happen if that was me.

And then in similar banning, my dream had Oscar the Grouch banned from something. And when he learned, he just called the person in charge a really mean, dirty name. I forget the name, something long with a bunch of hateful words, including the four-letter-s-bomb.

And then I dreamt that I went in time for some reason, and my time travel had kept Oscar from turning green, while also leading to Oscar being dropped after only a few seasons, with today's audiences (as well as a lot of casual fans who grew up with the show after the first few years) not really knowing who Oscar was.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that I saw Kermit, Fozzie, The Swedish Chef, and maybe a few other Muppets and Sesame Street Muppets in a phone commercial with other puppets and television personalities, all of them using landline phones with phone cards.

In addition to the Muppets, from what I can remember about the dream, the commercial had Lamb Chop (appearing at both the beginning and end, where she badmouths Kermit for some reason), Randy from Pee-wee's Playhouse, Pee-wee Herman, Fred Rogers, Shari Lewis (though there's some acknowledgment that she died), and Jim Henson (again, with acknowledgment that he died... yet Mr. Rogers appeared without his death acknowledged).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night dreamt I was watching Follow That Bird on television, and saw some scenes that I didn't remember. At first I was thinking "hey, I never noticed that before!" before I started thinking "I also don't remember this scene.... I should watch my copy and see if it's there".

The scene had the main cast at the fun fair, before they know that Big Bird is trapped there, and in the background is Snuffleupagus, blending in at a petting zoo while none of the others are really looking in his direction. And Jim Henson also shows up in the background at the petting zoo.