Dreams about Muppets...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that the 2015 show, for whatever reason, would keep flipping back and forth between puppetry and animation, and I remember prefering the animated sequences over the puppetry sequences, because the animation was so smooth and fluid . . . oh, and it was hand-drawn/2D animation as well. And some of the facial expressions and reactions were hilarious in animation as well - I remember the highly exaggerated reactions from the usually chill Zoot and Janice when Miss Piggy's tail was accidentally exposed.
I have a feeling those pills did it for ya. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously dude, you ought to know by now I don't need the pills to have dreams like that - they happen every night.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that I watched part of The Muppet Movie... with some different edits/takes.

It was the balloon scene. In this version, Doc Hopper getting hit with the pie was different. The pie instead landed on the ground just ahead of the car, which then drove into the pie. And it was Max, instead of Doc Hopper, who yelled at the Muppets from behind.

Then it faded to black (without Gonzo's "I'm back!"), then we got the scene with Sweetums scaring women out of a tent, only they were running from the right side of the screen, while Sweetums still ran out the tent which was facing the screen (so he wasn't chasing them). And then that faded to black.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
A few days after 2019 began (this was after Grover's F bomb incident) I had a dream :dreamy: where I woke up the next morning and turned on my tablet to check my notifications. I saw some news on google about Sesame Street getting into a lot of trouble :confused: I was very confused but instead of looking at that I went to see if YouTube had anything new. I saw a new video from the channel blameitonjorge (a channel that does videos about lost media and shows that have gotten into trouble) the video was titled "Sesame Street and the trouble it's gotten into". The thumbnail was divided into 4 quarters and there were 4 different images. The first was a screenshot from an episode from either season 2 or 3 that showed Oscar :grouchy: smoking a large cigar, the next was Grover :super: with a censor blob covering his mouth, the 3rd was Bert :frown: holding a gun (from the Bert is Evil meme) and the 4th was Elmo :laugh: and Katie Perry. The video opened with Jorge saying "Sesame Street, I have mentioned in several different videos that the show has gotten into some trouble over the years but never like this, today we will be looking at Sesame Street and the trouble it's gotten into". I raised an eyebrow after hearing that wondering what could have happened. He talked about Grover saying the F word and the Bert and Ernie rumor, then the incident of Bob, Luis and Gordon being fired and some other things. I was shocked to hear what he said near the end "well that's all the trouble they have gotten into, but if you add that up with the trouble they have gotten into in the past then you probably aren't surprised with what has recently happened" I was about to shut my tablet off and find something better to do but I didn't think I should have left this alone, I should probably hear about what happened to them. the next scene showed the 3 times that they made fun of Donald Trump which made me laugh really hard, I stopped laughing when I heard the next thing he said "president Trump cut PBS funding likely because of that, but you would think that they wouldn't be affected since they moved to HBO, well recently parents have agreed that Sesame Street is not a good show for kids after all the trouble they have gotten into, yes that's right, the sunny days are over, Sesame Street is over for good". I was shocked :eek: I couldn't believe they would take away Sesame Street and right before their 50th anniversary. I was very upset to hear that My favorite childhood TV show, the show that got me into puppetry was over. I woke up trying to process what just happened, I turned around and saw my Big Bird :wisdom: plush on my shelf, I went downstairs and flipped through channels on my TV and was relieved to see that sesame Street was playing :smile:. I searched :search: through the blameitonjorge channel and the only SS video I found was the 7 lost Sesame Street skits. Thank god that was just a dream.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few nights ago I dreamt I was at a flea market and saw what appeared to be copies of the Playhouse Video Muppet compilation videos, I saw a few on their sides, saw the image of Kermit on the side as well as the Playhouse Video logo but was a bit far to read the titles on the sides. So I took the videos from where they were to look at the covers and see what I had found.... and they weren't the Muppet compilations at all, just videos from Playhouse Video, but for some reason Playhouse put the same Kermit image on the sides of the otherwise irrelevant videos (though I recall one of those videos being a movie involving one of TMS guest stars, unfortunately I now forget which guest star, maybe Steve Martin).

And then I noticed that the videos were flatter than what I was used to with VHS, slightly less skinny than DVD packaging. Then I looked at the box and saw that they were Beta releases, so I wouldn't have been able to enjoy them anyway (though I have seen Beta tapes in person and know that Beta is smaller than VHS but not the size of a DVD case).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
A few nights ago I dreamt I was at a flea market and saw what appeared to be copies of the Playhouse Video Muppet compilation videos, I saw a few on their sides, saw the image of Kermit on the side as well as the Playhouse Video logo but was a bit far to read the titles on the sides. So I took the videos from where they were to look at the covers and see what I had found.... and they weren't the Muppet compilations at all, just videos from Playhouse Video, but for some reason Playhouse put the same Kermit image on the sides of the otherwise irrelevant videos (though I recall one of those videos being a movie involving one of TMS guest stars, unfortunately I now forget which guest star, maybe Steve Martin).

And then I noticed that the videos were flatter than what I was used to with VHS, slightly less skinny than DVD packaging. Then I looked at the box and saw that they were Beta releases, so I wouldn't have been able to enjoy them anyway (though I have seen Beta tapes in person and know that Beta is smaller than VHS but not the size of a DVD case).
I dream about muppet VHS tapes all the time. In fact last night I had a dream where my local thrift store had a large case (for 5 bucks) that had most of the muppet playhouse videos, both of the It's the Muppets videos ,the 1 and only release of Muppets Musicians of Bremen and a replica of Ojo from Bear in the Big Blue House.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I dreamt that I was on the set of Fraggle Rock on a day that Jim Henson was there, and was trying to ask if he was performing Cantus or Convincing John, or if he was going to perform in an outer space scene (even though he never did), or if he was just going to perform right hands/background characters (which I don't think he ever did on Fraggle Rock).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A week ago, I dreamt that it was announced Muppet Vision 3D was moving from Walt Disney World to Disneyland.

Last night I dreamt I was back in school, though as an adult, and the teacher gave us some kind of storywriting assignment, where we had to write a story that took up several pages (I can't remember if it had to be as long as a novel or what), and we were all given partners. Me and my partner were going to write a Muppet story, I can't remember if we were required to write a story about Muppets or if my partner suggested it (believe it or not, it was not my idea to make it about Muppets).

We were outlining possible ideas for Muppet stories, and my writing partner actually came up with more ideas than I did. The only real idea I came up with was one in which The Electric Mayhem all split up and Kermit tried to get them back together. In my thinking, I was being careful not to just do one of my past fan fiction stories (I've read that teachers do google search to make sure assignments aren't plagiarized, the teacher could have found one of my Muppet Central fan fiction stories and not know it was me who wrote them). And since we were writing stories that wouldn't have pictures, I was trying to figure out how to include obscure characters who the teacher might not be aware of. The only thing I came up with was with the characters who were hired to be in the orchestra, having Crazy Harry again play the bell and have Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphone be part of the orchestra, with plans to put some text in to explain who they were, but I also put The Swedish Chef in the orchestra as an accordion player. This is in contrast to what I would do for a fan site or if there were pictures, where if The Electric Mayhem left, I'd probably just have them be replaced by Solid Foam, or maybe Geri and the Attrics or Lubbock Lou and His Jughuggers, as opposed to a new band or random characters who are somewhat well-known making up a band.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I had a dream a few nights ago where I found an abandoned Muppet theme park. It was a small indoor park and you could tell that the people who ran it didn't bother taking anything down or even boarding up the place. I found that very strange so I decided to investigate. The front gate had a large Animal :halo: head with the doors to the park in his mouth (similar to the Big Bird bridge at Sesame Place). I walked in and on the right wall there was a Scooter :wink:animatronic in the ticket booth that would turn to me (or whoever else entered) and would say "looking for the Muppets, just go this way" and he would point to the right. I did as Scooter said and the first thing I saw was what looked like a theater door with an Animal animatronic hanging over the door. When you walked in the door you would hear Animal say "Theater, theater, ah ha ha". I went through the door and saw an authentic muppet theater, it was a little bit like Muppet Vision 3D (I have never been to Disneyland but I have seen videos and pictures online). Muppet show music played in the background as animatronics of Rowlf the Dog :sympathy: and The Electric Mayhem :big_grin::sing::cool::flirt: (Animal not included) sat in an orchestra pit. After walking in I saw a fake explosion come from one of the walls and several chickens :cluck: and penguins :zany: flew across the room. Not thinking, I sat in a seat and saw a red button on the armrest, it had a label on it that said "bring out the chaos", I pushed the button and saw a Beauregard :oops: animatronic peak through the back door, he then said "quiet the show is starting" and all the noise stopped. The lights dimmed and a large spotlight shined on the animatronics in the orchestra pit and they began to play their music. A bigger light shined at the stage and a Kermit :smile: animatronic came out onto the stage. He did his usual Muppet Show introduction then I heard a loud BANG come from the back of the room, I heard Gonzo :concern: screaming (in delight) and once again saw an explosion come from the wall and some chickens and penguins flying all over the place. This time there was a large hole in the wall. Kermit started talking about the things that you will see in the park. After that a Rizzo :shifty: animatronic peaked through the hole in the wall with a large shovel. Kermit then said "I think you have seen enough here, enjoy the rest of the park". A door in the wall opened and in came another Beauregard animatronic, this time he was in a taxi (like in The Great Muppet Caper) he then said "hop in the taxi and I'll show you around. I decided to do what he said and went in the taxi. The door closed on the taxi and inside there were animatronics of Statler :boo: and Waldorf :sleep: sitting in the back seat. an instrumental version of The Muppet Show theme played as I left the theater and in the taxi Statler and Waldorf made some comments about the park. The taxi stopped and I got out.

The next place was a large room with different doors. One door had "Muppet Labs" written on it and I could hear a screaming Beaker :eek: coming from the door. The next said "Muppet Recording studio", The 3rd said "Miss Piggy's Dressing Room" and I could see a Piggy :mad: animatronic through the small window on the door and the last one said "Fozzie's comedy room" and there was a stone statue of Fozzie :embarrassed: near the door. I didn't know which door to go through so I looked around to see if there was anything else I missed. I saw one big purple door with no labels on it, I went through that door and it was pitch black inside. A large light turned on and I saw a large Lew Zealand animatronic. It moved a little and didn't talk much but it spun around a few times and launched some rubber fish. next I saw a door with a 3d plastic Kermit on the door and I decided to go through that door. That room had an exhibit with actual puppets of Pepe :rolleyes:, Rizzo, Zoot, Dr Teeth, The Swedish Chef :hungry:, Sam Eagle :attitude:, Fozzie, Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo and several other characters. This was an abandoned park so I touched the puppets that were on display and I might have taken one of the chickens that was on display. In the back of the room there was a giant model of the Swinetrek with puppets of the crew displayed in front. I went inside the swinetrek but the door was jamed when I went in so I was stuck. I woke up after that