Dreams about Muppets...

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yup, Jim and Sprocket washing the dishes...one of the best Muppet moments ever IMHO.

And yeah, I get what you mean about just letting our minds wander and make stuff up when we're asleep. Stuff that just doesn't make sense or is completely impossible in the real world can exist in dreams. Like in my dream for instance, Cookie Monster was inside a real oak tree. There was only a hole big enough for him to poke his face through. I kept wondering how Frank Oz could've fit through a 12 inch wide hole to puppeteer! :crazy:

I know I had one dream years ago where I bought this HUGE Boober Fraggle doll for 50 cents. It was about seven feet tall and its body was about as big around as a trash can! :stick_out_tongue: What I remember most about the dream was tying Boober to the top of my car because he wouldn't fit inside. So I was driving around in my dream with this huge Boober sitting on the top of my car! LOL!

Convincing John

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Had one last night: the Muppets were putting on a musical on Broadway. And rather than Manhattan Melodies, it was basically the storyline of Muppets Take Manhattan.
It was all quite intriguingly bizarre. The audience kept folding their programs into paper airplanes and throwing them around. Not that the cast minded; in fact there were instructions on how to make the airplanes printed on the programs. Throughout the show, the air was thick with them.
As for Muppeteer sightings: Dave Goelz was in the audience, one of the people throwing the airplanes around, and Richard Hunt was in the band pit, schmoozing with Janice and Scooter.
At the end of the show (which was a hit), the Muppet cast rode away in a silvery-black stretch limo with some of the Sesame Street cast...and for some reason, all the buildings along Broadway looked like they were made out of huge, colorful plastic pipes.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well of course there were instructions on how to make the plains written right on the paper; they're muppets!
*wink* It's cool that you saw Dave Goelz in the audience; kinda puts him on the same levil as you, ya know?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The only Muppet dream I can remember is kind of a scary one.

When I was really young, like five or so, I was almost always wacthing my green VHS copy of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, which is what led to this dream. It was the part in which Erine and Bert were trading presents, just like in the show, Bert asked Erine to get rubber duckie, however unlike the show, Erine gets a crazy look on his face and seems very mad. For whatever reason (maybe the Count, just got done counting.) lighting strikes and Erine goes into a rage and attacks Bert.

This was way before that Bert is Evil website by the way.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I had a weird one the other night. I dreamed that I was looking up that other Sesame Street Christmas special from the 70s on the Wikipedia. I know, a dream about reasearch . . . Great. Anyway, when I looked it up, it was very different from what I expected. All of the Muppet characters looked like these crazy knock-offs that barely resembled the real deal. To give you a good sense of it, Big Bird had a big nose that was separate from his mouth. Kind of like Wembley Fraggle, but then he had a second set of eyes below the nose and above the mouth. Anyway, the characters were all looking for a new home, and they finally found this Muppet boy and girls to live with. Their names were Joyce and Andy (my wife's name and my name). I thought the special looked neat, but I was just appalled by how badly made the characters were!

Barbarella

Reaction score
I used to dream about being on Sesame Street all the time. Just hanging out there.

I used to always have a recurring nightmare about being under the bench of my great grandmother's organ, trying to get away from Kermit who was terrorizing me.

And I did dream a lot about getting some of the Muppets for myself- especially Janice and Miss Piggy. that was around the time they came out with the Miss Piggy puppet in the late 70's and I wanted it really bad.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
I remember a dream way back in October (when I was getting supplies for my Blind Pew costume) that I was in a store that looked like a Barnes & Nobles blown up to Wal-Mart size, and I was looking for an eyepatch. In the meantime, I found a Clueless Morgan plushie that looked more like the anime plushies I find a lot in places that sell them, and I think I was looking for a One-Eyed Jack plushie as well. I don't remember much of what happened in-between, but I remember finding the costume accessories section of the store, only to find that the eyepatches were just lockets!

Very weird, I know. But it's more "weird in a normal way" compared to some of your dreams. :sympathy:

~ Morgan "Normally Weird" Goat

(PS: As for whoever wants me to elaborate my "homicidal maniacs" dreams involving certain characters, I suggest you PM me, for they do get rather bloody.)

superboober

Reaction score
During the last couple of seasons Fraggle Rock ran on HBO, I would have a recurring dream wherein the characters would host the networks inter-show segments. You may recall that from about autumn of 1986 through till past the time the network stopped showing reruns of the show, they used an outer space theme for the bumpers. As it was in this dream, the Next on HBO slide would begin as normal, but then just as the announcer would be at the point of saying who was starring in the next picture, it would pull back to show Doc, Sprocket and our heroes standing on the deck of what was apparently a spaceship (I always assumed it was inside the big silver HBO monolith from the long-running Feature Presentation bumper), watching the whole thing run. Apparently they generated it with the spaceship's controls, for Doc would press a few buttons to cause the bumper to switch to an end. He would then go on with the first of various speeches about HBO fine quality programming (which of course it was back then and then some), with an appropriate Fraggle responding with the description of each show. They would then discuss each subsequent movie/special/series promos (to generate these, Sprocket would strike with a hammer a large blue O, as in the standard HBO logo O, that was near the viewscreen in front of them with a large sledgehammer), pointing out the merits of each one to each other before and after they ran, and usually with at least one negative quote from Boober on how he doubted people would watch something like that--occasionally if it were a borderline film Wembley would agree with him (there was no relation to any actual promo order on HBO that I can recall; indeed even a few fake films, like one about giant spiders walking down downtown Miami). Once the inter-movie block was over, they'd comment on how it was time to get back to the next feature (somehow it was usually Gobo delivering these remarks), followed by Doc flipping a few more control switches to activate the Tonight on HBO menu of the time, including the throwing of a large lever to lower a blue screen over the viewscreen (since the Tonight bumper had a blue outer space compared to the Next bumper's normal black one). We'd hold on everyone in silhouette up to about where the description of the third program of the evening finished, then would fade back to the bumper's normal distance as it finished and segued into the HBO in Space bumper (usually in this dream it was the short version but occasionally the longer one featuring the trip through the minature city would pop up).

Not as often as this came one involving Kermit broadcasting a monster truck race, featuring Oscar and Telly in the former's piece of junk entry "The Trash Compactor" (which was powered by the two of them dumping trash into a furnace similar to that of a steam locomotive) and, for whatever reason, the alligator, snake and kangaroo from that "zoo escape" SS animated sequence that got a lot of air back in the day (in this dream their names were Smiley, Ace, and Pockets, which sort of fits them, I think). The results and duration of this race varied from dream to dream, but included finishes like Oscar driving into the stands in an attempt to trash the arena much as he trashed the cars he jumped over during the event, and one (or both) of the monster trucks landing on top of Kermit, prompting him to throw it back to the main station in a great deal of agony.

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
I had one the other night. I was watching an animated version of "the muppet show," but instead of being run by kermit, Jim was directing it. He was auditioning the characters for the next show, and I just remember there being alot of running around and chaos. just like the real "muppet show." I just thought it was really cool.:smile: