Dealing with depression and anxiety

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
https://www.madeofmillions.com/ocd/sexual-orientation-ocd

PLEASE read the article and watch the video as they explain it better than me @mariolover @Froggy Fool @Pig's Laundry
thank you for sharing that, it really does clear a lot up. if i'm going to be honest, i didn't really know much about this subset of OCD!

well, I now see where you're coming from. Basically, i would talk to someone in your life about these fears (I know you said your family is dealing with a lot right now), maybe one of your friends or someone online who is also dealing with this?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
@BlakeConor14 I have OCD and when I was your age I had intrusive thoughts that I couldn't even handle (unrelated to sexuality). Meditate and get 8 hours of sleep I guess? I saw a psychologist/psychiatrist (one of the two) and they basically did nothing to help me which I knew would be the case. I was hoping to get drugs or something, but at the same time you don't want to become dependent on that.

But yeah, it's OCD, not sexuality; I can tell you're my breed. I went through the same ****. I've kinda come out through the other side and honestly have no idea what to tell you. Sometimes life just sucks and that's the way it is. I actually had to tell my parents to take me out of college because OCD was ruling my life... it was bad. Very bad. I won't even go into the specifics because as you know, OCD and the intrusive thoughts that come with it are totally irrational (maybe not totally, but to some degree): unrelated to germs, unrelated to sexuality... intrusive thoughts/paralysis by analysis was my problem (and still kinda is to some degree) which is what it sounds like you're going through. All I try to do now is live in the moment and go with whatever flow the universe hands me. I try to keep a blank mental state whenever possible. This is learned through experience and time. I'm still on the journey to mental fulfillment myself, and now I feel like fuzzygobo preaching lol.

Edit: I can actually make a direct parallel to you: one of the things I was going through was intrusive thoughts over a fear of death by drowning because I didn't now how to swim, and I obsessed over this until (and I believe even after) I learned how to swim. My dad assumed it was aquaphobia but it was not: it was straight up OCD. That sounds like what you're going through, where everyone's assuming it's you battling your sexuality but in reality is probably OCD.

Thankfully now (some 8 years later) I'm totally removed from where I was mentally at that time, and have now moved on to obsessing over something equally as irrational. :laugh:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@Blue Frackle one thing I am proud of you for- although it didn’t resolve everything, you did face up to your fear of drowning. That must have taken a lot of guts. Some people have fears (rational or not) and spend their whole lives avoiding them. But the fear never dies. But you faced up to it. A lot of people never do. Some are afraid to drive and never get behind the wheel of a car. But facing fear is the only way to overcome it. Props to you.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I just feel sad in my head recently and I don’t really know why
Especially when I’m on my own with my thoughts

mariolover

Reaction score
I'm taking a break from social media for a while because the riots and racism going on is giving me anxiety and depression. I'm just tired of hearing about it.