Dealing with depression and anxiety

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what’s one of the worst feelings with depression sometimes?

Just feeling like you’re not really living. Just existing.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My brother, who has Asperger’s, has been very depressed. Not being able to leave the house or see family for months since the pandemic started has finally got to him. Seeing him the way he is, it’s the most depressed I’ve seen anybody be. At times, I hear him crying at night. My parents are trying to help him, he has his good days and bad days, but I wish there was more my parents and I could do. Him being depressed is making me bummed out.

Any Del

Reaction score
End of day all your brother can do is help himself. I don't blame your brother for acting like that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s the effect of the pandemic the authorities tend to ignore.
Stay locked down to flatten the curve.
Close schools.
Close businesses.

But they didn’t take into account the depression that comes from isolation.

Take it from someone who suffered a strong bout ten years ago. If depression doesn’t kill you, it severely crippled you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sadly this virus has also caught up to me with these rules and regulations. At this point I’m just trying to cope with them as much as I can. 😕

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Since Day One, socially distancing and wearing a mask is all we ever could do.

Lockdowns don’t work. You don’t have to look any further than California.
Mayors and governors don’t even follow their own rules. So how can they expect others to follow what they won’t follow themselves?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
“Practice social distancing, wash your hands, wear a mask and don’t visit friends and family. Even if it means you’ll suffer from mental health problems. Because that isn’t our problem. Meanwhile let us enjoy breaking the rules ourselves because **** you we’re above everyone.”

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Then again, you have regular civilians who refuse to wear a mask and still believe that Covid is nothing but a hoax so that’s not helping anybody. At least the PA governor is trying to make rules to lessen exposure, but a lot of people don’t listen! Can you believe people protest against the regulations?? It’s ridiculous!