Dealing with depression and anxiety

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
@BlakeConor14, I went through EXACTLY the same thing that you're going through. my whole life, I had always been questioned in school if I were gay, and of course, at first i denied it. but deep down i always had an attraction towards men, i just denied it constantly to myself and others. now, if you actually do have sexual thoughts about men, then that's not bad at all. i do realize its a hard journey to come in terms with ones sexuality, believe me, i went through it. but if not, then don't worry about it! there isn't such a thing as "a feminine action", actions aren't feminine. If you like makeup or baking or puppetry or theater or other things traditionally associated as being feminine, that does not make you gay. what makes you gay is if you have a sexual/romantic attraction towards men. and if you don't you don't! it's perfectly fine, just be who you are. :smile:
I have no sexual desire towards men
This is purely an anxiety related issue and all the questioning stems from that anxiety
People have never assumed I was gay, yes there have been jokes between my friends and I but it’s never been anything more than I joke to me
I’ve never had feelings for a man

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Do you think if someone assumes you are gay that automatically means they will tell you?
If they do I don’t care however my anxiety and these intrusive thoughts want me to
the only opinion that matters is mine and know full well that I am not gay

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This is purely an anxiety related issue and all the questioning stems from that anxiety
People have never assumed I was gay, yes there have been jokes between my friends and I but it’s never been anything more than I joke to me
then i don't think there's anything to be anxious about? you're making it seem like you think that being gay is a bad thing...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why should being gay be an anxiety? If you're not you're not. But either way, it's not a bad thing

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
then i don't think there's anything to be anxious about? you're making it seem like you think that being gay is a bad thing...
See this is where the problem now lies
People think I’m homophobic, I’m not but when this has been mind f**king me for 5 months I’m not gonna have the most positive outlook in this situation

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
See this is where the problem now lies
People think I’m homophobic, I’m not but when this has been mind f**king me for 5 months I’m not gonna have the most positive outlook in this situation
???? why are you letting it get to you? i mean, lets say if you were gay, would you find your homosexuality a flaw? bc thats what it sounds like

cjd874

Reaction score
Do you think if someone assumes you are gay that automatically means they will tell you?
No! Just because someone has an assumption about you, that doesn't mean they will automatically tell you what they're thinking. If I assumed someone was gay, I would keep that thought to myself and not let that single thought affect how I judge that person. I prefer to judge people based on their character, NOT by their race, gender, sexual orientation, or anything like that.