COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
So, earlier today, I saw one of the houses near me with giant letters on the lawn that spelled "HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY JOHANNA!" They were obviously throwing a birthday party, but I wondered how they'd do it with Coronavirus and all.

Surprise surprise, I looked at it again later, and guess how many cars were in front of it. 5! 5 ****ING CARS! WHOEVER LIVES THERE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T OWN 5 CARS, SO THEY MUST'VE HAD GUESTS OVER AT THE LITERAL WORST POSSIBLE TIME!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m all in favor of social distancing and masks and any other measures to keep this virus at bay and get back to normal ASAP.
And I know 40 is a big year for a birthday (wait til yours comes!) But not at risking infecting more people.

And you can’t blow out birthday candles with a mask on.

cjd874

Reaction score
How would this person/family interact with their guests or serve the food, drinks, and cake if social distancing restrictions are supposed in effect? Were they wearing masks?
Either this family didn't think this through or they just don't give a **** about COVID-19.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Is anyone else's local news being broadcasted from inside the anchors' personal homes?
Yeah I think mine has like three at home, and like three at the station. by the way, I think that two of them that were at the station got catty at one point. One was a female anchor and the other one was the female weather person who does the forecast from time to time. Now I don't quite remember it all, but I do remember they were talking about social distancing, and the female anchor said something right smart mouthy on the sly to the female weather person. I'm surprised that the female weather person didn't go off and punch that female anchor.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Snowthy would know too, but tv studios are TINY!! On the screen it looks like a huge space, but in real life it’s like the size of someone’s living room.
Once upon a time I took a tour of the NBC studio. The news room is actually a small desk to cramp in three people, and a green screen on the wall for the weather. But no social distancing here. You can practically spit on each other.

It was fun to do the weather. You see yourself in a monitor with all the maps and charts and outdoor pictures, and you point to the cold front moving in, but in real time you’re pointing at nothing. It’s a tv trick that’s been around for at least 50 years called chroma-key. (Jim used it quite a bit on Fraggle Rock). It’s simple, but the effects are amazing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Lynn Fitch, Attorney General for the state of Mississippi, wants to file a trillion dollar lawsuit against China for the lives and businesses lost in her state due to the virus.

That’s all well and good, but what kind of court would/could enforce this? And how would the terms be hammered out? By all means China should pay something, not just in this country but all over the world. Fifty thousand lives and every country ground to a halt. But how do you hold China accountable and get them to pay? What judge has that authority?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score