COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We haven't gotten to those levels just yet, but as I said, as far as our grocery stores are concerned, some of them have placed "PLEASE WAIT HERE" markers on the floor, six feet apart from each other at the check-out lines.

Otherwise, with the major exception of paper products, cleaning supplies, and some meat, the stores (both local and regional grocery chains, and big-box stores like Walmart) seem to gradually be settling back down to normal, for the most part.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My work just extended their closure because the state governor put a stay-at-home order for several counties. I’m not sure about mine, but there’s an increase of cases in my county. Luckily, myself and my family are staying home unless to get essentials or an emergency like my cat got sick last week and had to take him to the vet’s. My mom’s working from home still. We check in on each other to make sure we’re still well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
British Columbia up in Canada is already showing proof that social distancing has drastically dropped the rise in their confirmed COVID-19 cases by about half . . . and yet, we still can't take this seriously here in the U.S. Why?

Any Del

Reaction score
Some people think this virus is just an ordinary flu and people are freaking out for nothing. "If I was able to go to work or anywhere else fine, why should I care what the governor says? I'll do what I want whenever I want!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thinking like that comes at a price. This is no ordinary flu. As mentioned by others wiser than me, it’s hard to detect, it takes a while for symptoms to show themselves, and as time goes by, it shows not only old and weak people are susceptible to it.
The good news is, even though there are more people testing positive, not everybody will die from it.

The World Health Orgination predicted 3 1/2-4% of those tested positive will die. Right now, the percentage in this country is about 1%.
Are we out of the woods yet? Not for a while. But the only thing more damaging than the virus was the panic that ensued.
Two weeks ago the runs on toilet paper were unreal. You don’t need a six month supply of Spam and beef jerky.
Social distancing, as much as I don’t like it, seems to be helping. I don’t want to see businesses shut down any more than anybody else. I don’t want my church to be closed.
Yes, it’s rough, but I don’t know about you, but I want to stay safe.
I’m taking all the precautions I can, but better safe than sorry.

Any Del

Reaction score
No you're not wrong on that. As much as I want this pandemic to end like the next person, I don't want to get sick. Plus, I have more time to focus on enhancing my skills for my goals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Goodwill remains open during its regular hours, but only a certain amount of people go there.
Our Goodwill is closed until further notice. Evidently, there is a stay-at-home mandate in my county, effective until early April, and all "non-essential" businesses like Goodwill (and Hobby Lobby, as the fuzzy one pointed out) are closed for the time being.

Last edited: