COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This morning when I last checked, we were over 600 cases in my state . . . as of this afternoon, we're nearly 1,000. The grocery stores have signs on the floor at the check-out lines, and such spaced six feet apart from each other that say "PLEASE WAIT HERE."
That’s the same everywhere. That’s responsible.
Up here the big supermarket chain is Shop Rite. They have a hot bar/salad bar/buffet that drew a big lunch crowd. That part closed down.
The big convenience store chain is 7-11. They closed down the section where customers can pour their own coffee. That’s a huge chunk of business. Sensible, to prevent any contamination, but their bottom line will hurt. Fortunately you can go across the street and get coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts. Drive through only.

I’m still disappointed with the college kids who defied all common sense and hit the beach for spring break.
“Hey man, we waited TWO MONTHS for this! Screw the virus, screw old people I wanna get drunk!!!”

A few even posted on YouTube they hope old people get killed off.
Dang punks.
If I was 30 years younger I’d knock their block off!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That’s the same everywhere. That’s responsible.
Up here the big supermarket chain is Shop Rite. They have a hot bar/salad bar/buffet that drew a big lunch crowd. That part closed down.
The big convenience store chain is 7-11. They closed down the section where customers can pour their own coffee. That’s a huge chunk of business. Sensible, to prevent any contamination, but their bottom line will hurt. Fortunately you can go across the street and get coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts. Drive through only.

I’m still disappointed with the college kids who defied all common sense and hit the beach for spring break.
“Hey man, we waited TWO MONTHS for this! Screw the virus, screw old people I wanna get drunk!!!”

A few even posted on YouTube they hope old people get killed off.
Dang punks.
If I was 30 years younger I’d knock their block off!
I hate those young whippersnappers

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So my work is one of the non-essential businesses that will be closing tomorrow.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kroger is really big down here; ours has a Starbucks kiosk that's completely closed, and the table and chairs have been removed. Fast-food restaurants are drive-thru and/or carry-out only; dining restaurants were only allowing a small number of people to dine-in at a time, but now they're delivery only; buffet restaurants are completely shut down.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So my work is one of the non-essential businesses that will be closing tomorrow.
Good luck. My work is considered essential but with all the other businesses closed there just isn't enough work there to keep everyone employed fulltime. I filed for unemployment for the first time in my life. Stay healthy and be safe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least losing income because of the pandemic is grounds for filing for unemployment . . . that's one silver lining.

It's just a shame that the government cares more about profits than it does people, unlike many other countries that are taking the pandemic far more seriously.

Meanwhile, I've heard that a new COVID-19 outbreak is happening in China now that they've started to relax and resume their normal lives, which medical experts and professionals warned would happen if we did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score