COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I would totally move to Jamaica if they weren’t so homophobic. But I understand they’re very religious as well.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well that cartoon seems a bit racist....

Anyhoo, people are being arrested for intentionally coughing on other people.

I feel like facing 7 years in prison and a $26,000 fine is a bit excessive for just being a jerk, unless he actually knowingly has the virus.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well that cartoon seems a bit racist....
Short answer: That’s an original character of mine I drew and voice on my Saltywhiteguy92 channel known as Winston Campbell AKA the Stoned Jamaican Guy. He’s pretty much a stereotype character who smokes pot and tells silly stories (some of which, yes, are NSFW with some race humor) and has his own theme parodying “Shut Ze Do.”; he was partially based off the Jamaican tour guide Captain Crazy and two visions I got in my head after taking a couple hits of a Jamaican guy sitting on a rock smoking a joint, and the same one telling stories.

But, yeah. Trivial info. Let’s move on now.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Anyway, yes, I can also agree that is a bit excessive. At the very least, I really think just a fine and community service would be fair enough.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
He's right though. It's just not practical to force everyone to stay inside their homes. Quite frankly I'm not even sure if staying inside is really the appropriate solution for this in the long run, because it prevents the body from even minor exposure to build up immunity to it. Most vaccines basically inject a very mild form of a virus into you, which helps your body build up immunity to it. Him saying that theres just gonna be another wave of it if people stay inside is a very valid point.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The saddest thing happening is hospitals are not allowing visitors. There were two people at our church who were admitted (not for the virus, one for a heart attack and the other for a stroke) and our pastor can’t visit them.
If this was a year and a half ago, when I was in the hospital and I couldn’t have my wife by my side, I’d be done.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw on national news that, evidently, the doctors in my state are urging our governor to do the same, since our number of confirmed cases continue to rise, with seemingly no sign of flattening the curve in sight.

I'm with Sarge though, I'm not keen on the idea of a stay-at-home, shut-in order - not because it doesn't give us any sort of exposure to the virus, but because, as we've discussed in this thread before, cabin fever is a major concern . . . and not only that, but there's the manner of essential outings, like to buy groceries and such.

I'm seeing in some areas, where people who are caught outside are being arrested and slapped with fines and jail time, which is even more alarming and concerning.