COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well that cartoon seems a bit racist....
If you've seen any of Jerry's cartoons, almost every single one of his character is some form of an otherwise distasteful stereotype, but always played for laughs, as he's very much what you would call an "equal-opportunity offender."

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
my dad has to keep a letter with him saying he's essential staff and can be out just in case someone decides to give him a hard time. he actually makes toilet paper sooooooo

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If you've seen any of Jerry's cartoons, almost every single one of his character is some form of an otherwise distasteful stereotype, but always played for laughs, as he's very much what you would call an "equal-opportunity offender."
Yeah! What he said.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
my dad has to keep a letter with him saying he's essential staff and can be out just in case someone decides to give him a hard time. he actually makes toilet paper sooooooo
My wife has the same letter.
They can’t stop people from going food shopping or buying essentials. I guess buying fleece from Hobby Lobby is not a priority with them.
But police can’t just arrest people for being outside. Protocol would be to ask what you’re doing out, advise you what your state’s governor has recommended, then urge you to get home as soon as you can and be safe. That doesn’t sound unreasonable.

But I can see where some might have nightmarish visions of Fahrenheit 451 in their heads.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw on national news that, evidently, the doctors in my state are urging our governor to do the same, since our number of confirmed cases continue to rise, with seemingly no sign of flattening the curve in sight.

I'm with Sarge though, I'm not keen on the idea of a stay-at-home, shut-in order - not because it doesn't give us any sort of exposure to the virus, but because, as we've discussed in this thread before, cabin fever is a major concern . . . and not only that, but there's the manner of essential outings, like to buy groceries and such.

I'm seeing in some areas, where people who are caught outside are being arrested and slapped with fines and jail time, which is even more alarming and concerning.
My governor already did it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This morning when I last checked, we were over 600 cases in my state . . . as of this afternoon, we're nearly 1,000. The grocery stores have signs on the floor at the check-out lines, and such spaced six feet apart from each other that say "PLEASE WAIT HERE."