COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't she leave though? I thought she got fed up with this place.

MWoO

Reaction score
She left the board in September.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of governor Cuomo (or when his father was governor in the 80s). How do you enforce 8 million people to keep away from each other?
Plus with San Francisco and L.A.- what do you do with the homeless? People that spent the last few years crapping in the streets, how do you isolate and contain them? There’s probably more than ten out there. Do you quarantine them to their cardboard boxes? Or throw them into overcrowded jails?

MWoO

Reaction score
I never paid much attention to Cuomo to be honest, but it seems like he has a good handle on this thing from what I have seen of his press conferences. He isn't sugar coating anything, he is telling people what to expect but also not to panic. He has coordinated with surrounding states as well which was a smart move for the tri-state area.

Truthfully, the only way to enforce the social distancing is for the people to act responsibly. He spoke about the social contract yesterday, where we all have an obligation to each other to do the right thing. The problem is, most people do not do the right thing. Most people are selfish. Failing people acting responsibly, the only other option is martial law and when that happens....

So that brings me back to my previous post. People need to follow the guidelines set forth because if we don't the government will not be so polite the second time....

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I never paid much attention to Cuomo to be honest, but it seems like he has a good handle on this thing from what I have seen of his press conferences. He isn't sugar coating anything, he is telling people what to expect but also not to panic. He has coordinated with surrounding states as well which was a smart move for the tri-state area.

Truthfully, the only way to enforce the social distancing is for the people to act responsibly. He spoke about the social contract yesterday, where we all have an obligation to each other to do the right thing. The problem is, most people do not do the right thing. Most people are selfish. Failing people acting responsibly, the only other option is martial law and when that happens....

So that brings me back to my previous post. People need to follow the guidelines set forth because if we don't the government will not be so polite the second time....
I’m one bridge away from you. Martial law is usually declared after some big disaster. An earthquake, hurricane, tornado. In the past it was declared to prevent looting. The only time in my life I saw it was in a 1977 blackout. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and half of Pennsylvania spent two days in the dark.
People were breaking into stores and stealing TV sets. Why???!!! You can’t plug them in!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People were breaking into stores and stealing TV sets. Why???!!! You can’t plug them in!!!
See, this is a concern that a lot of people are having right now with this pandemic: as the stores run out of basic necessities like bread, water, and just food in general, people are going to start becoming desperate and begin looting, pilfering, and burglarizing just to find anything to sustain them.

On an unrelated note, I see where they're now considering canceling this year's Olympics.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Up here, at least, that’s not the case yet. Trucks are still out on the road, supply chains are still functioning, stores are restocked for the most part.
You might not be able to get avocados from Mexico for a while, but you can still get bread.
Walmart has taken some measures of limiting purchases to two cases of water, just to ensure one guy doesn’t leave any for anybody else.
We’re not into wartime rationing yet, and I hope it doesn’t get that severe.
So far, it looks like the entertainment industry is suffering the most. No sports, no movies, no concerts, no amusement parks, tv shows being taped in empty studios.
Nashville is taking a big hit, still trying to recover from the recent tornado.

It would be wise to cancel or postpone the Olympics for now. Until the uncertainty clears up, packing 80,000 people into a stadium would not be the best move.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True. I got really excited about this summer's Fanboy Expo in my town, because a pair of M*A*S*H favorites are scheduled to be there (Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr), but I'm holding off on purchasing tickets for right now, in the event the con is post-poned, or even canceled entirely.