COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MWoO

Reaction score
And where are your sources about this virus mutating to a point where it becomes unstoppable? Or are you just wallowing in hysteria?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@MWoO I understand we’re all frustrated with everything going on right now and sources do help, but honest word of advice - you could ask without getting smart alecy at the same time. Just some helpful advice.

MWoO

Reaction score
So... just doing a quick word search to find the passage that says the virus is mutating shows that the word "mutate" and "mutating" are not even in the document. I tried "change" and nothing of substance popped up. Can you please point me to where the document says the virus is mutating to a point where we all have to stay inside forever?

MWoO

Reaction score
@MWoO I understand we’re all frustrated with everything going on right now and sources do help, but honest word of advice - you could ask without getting smart alecy at the same time. Just some helpful advice.
Why change now?

D'Snowth and I have gone back and forth many times on various topics and almost any time I ask for a source he either does not provide one or provides one that does not say what he claims, sometimes even taking the opposite position.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So... just doing a quick word search to find the passage that says the virus is mutating shows that the word "mutate" and "mutating" are not even in the document. I tried "change" and nothing of substance popped up. Can you please point me to where the document says the virus is mutating to a point where we all have to stay inside forever?
It doesn't even say we'll have to stay inside forever, you're kind of taking that out of context. But nevertheless, there's numerous different sources out there that are explaining how the virus is mutating, do your own research.
almost any time I ask for a source he either does not provide one
Because, as with MuppetsRules, and as Jerry has pointed out, it's almost senseless to share any sources that you're just going to automatically dismiss as "fake liberal news" anyway, which makes providing sources pretty moot.

MWoO

Reaction score
It doesn't even say we'll have to stay inside forever, you're kind of taking that out of context. But nevertheless, there's numerous different sources out there that are explaining how the virus is mutating, do your own research.

Because, as with MuppetsRules, and as Jerry has pointed out, it's almost senseless to share any sources that you're just going to automatically dismiss as "fake liberal news" anyway, which makes providing sources pretty moot.
So... you make the claim that the virus is mutating, then you provide a source that does not actually say that (yet again) and then you tell me to go find the evidence to support the claim you made....

Do not attribute the actions of another to me. When have I dismissed a source out of hand and called anything "fake liberal news"? I HAVE provided counter information to sources you have posted using primary sources and statistics though.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Whether it’s CNN or Fox, both sides will accuse the other of being fake.

I can see Sarge’s point of viewof news as entertainment (although very poor entertainment). But news is supposed to inform people with facts so they can make rational decisions.
What both sides have done is leverage news to push their political agendas. But in the process the facts get clouded so people don’t get the whole story.
I remember the debacle with Katrina, Bush’s mishandling of it made him look like a moron.
The media’s hands are not clean in all this. Yes, this is a virus the likes of which we never saw before. But the way they presented it only induced fear, panic, and uncertainty.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The media’s hands are not clean in all this. Yes, this is a virus the likes of which we never saw before. But the way they presented it only induced fear, panic, and uncertainty.
This is exactly the point I'm trying to make, just worded a lot better.

Maybe I'm just jaded from all the journalism classes I took in high school. The whole news is entertainment thing was something that was discussed a lot. Fear makes for better circulation than happy stuff.