COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Case in point.
Kathy Hokel is the new governor of New York, replacing Andrew Cuomo.

In her first public speech, she came out with a chain saying “Vaxxed”.
Showing off her pendant, she says “Thise of you who aren’t vaccinated, you’re not smart, and you’re not doing what God wants”.

Lady, I am vaccinated too. But you’re not glorifying God, you’re glorifying yourself.

Now see, I specifically cued one person. Doesn’t that lend more credibility than saying “Well, there go the Dems again being D-bags”.

See the difference? No? Well, maybe someday…

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
But we don't do specifics here. They don't work for our political viewpoint. We generalize. And then we generalize some more. And then we take a break from generalizng and just make crap up. And then we go back to generalizing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, it’s been my experience if you just generalize, someone can come along with specific points and run circles around you.

Makibg stuff up at that point is just like throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks.
If this was in the Politics thread, I’s hard to stay afloat on sheer emotion.
“Republicans are crooked!”
“Why, what did they do?”
“Well they just are!”

A testimony like that won’t hold up in court either, where every word you say is under oath.

The more specific you can be, the more you’re likely to win arguments. It’s worth the effort.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, thanks to the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers bringing all of us two steps back in whatever progress we've made in our fight against the pandemic, now the CDC is, once again, basically discouraging any travel indoor gatherings this holiday season.

But what I don't get is they're saying that if you do, then leave your windows and doors open . . . but, if this is an airborne virus, then wouldn't leaving windows and doors open essentially be inviting the virus itself right into your home to potentially infect you and your loved ones?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Well, thanks to the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers bringing all of us two steps back in whatever progress we've made in our fight against the pandemic, now the CDC is, once again, basically discouraging any travel indoor gatherings this holiday season.

But what I don't get is they're saying that if you do, then leave your windows and doors open . . . but, if this is an airborne virus, then wouldn't leaving windows and doors open essentially be inviting the virus itself right into your home to potentially infect you and your loved ones?
At least if you have your doors and windows closed the virus would have to knock or break in to your home.

Your thinking would make sense if the virus is just floating around everywhere outside waiting for someone to infect. It's not. Leaving your doors and windows open would give you fresh air in your home. That way, if someone at your holiday gathering is infected and breathing out the virus, it would be dispersed and diluted. It's not that hard.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Last month when Biden unveiled his vaccine mandate, roughly 80 million were invaxxed.
He pretty much called the untaxed the scum of the earth.

Simple math shows just as many people voted for him.

Coincidence or irony?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The cruelest of ironies, Colin Powell died from Covid, even after getting the vaccine.
So he certainly wasn’t part of the anti-vaxxers or anti-maskers.
Very soon, if it hasn’t happened already, half the Chicago police force will be let go for not complying with Biden’s mandate.
And there’s one among us who would say “Serves them right!”

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Colin Powell, although vaccinated, did have a cancer of the blood, which prevented his body from fighting off infections and developing antibodies from vaccines.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, all of these dumbfucks out there (again, almost all Republican), pushing these agendas urging people to not get vaccinated and not wear a mask are the exact people who continue to bring all of us two steps back whenever we make any kind of progress in stopping the spread of the virus which could lead us back to things finally returning to normal.

It's like Jerry always says, America will be the last country in the world to get rid of COVID because of it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest I’ve been taking advantage of my privilege of being fully-vaccinated of not having to wear a mask unless otherwise stated (and I do have my vaccination card in my wallet to show proof). That said, I feel like it’s only a matter of time before we just end up reverting to “everyone must wear a mask regardless of vaccination status” every single place we go.

Look, I’m respectful to businesses who still require you to wear one, but honestly I can only tolerate those ******* things on my face for so long before I need to catch some air, and it’s going to be a drag when it just ends up going back to this. 🤷🏿‍♂️