COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
New Hampshire, huh? This sounds like the kind of story you'd be reading about in any of our southern states, where football ranks third right behind Jesus and God.
Umm, not sure it's behind those

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're not wrong. At least in my state, you could argue that they're all on an even plane.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My mom (who lives outside of Nashville near my sister) told me about all the long faces on Sunday after the Steelers beat the Titans, ending their undefeated streak.
If the Steelers keep playing like they do, it could be a Steeler/Seahawk Super Bowl.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Cases are up, but deaths are down.
Yes, the virus is claiming on average a thousand lives a day, and one death is too many.. But 200,000 deaths in a country of 330 million, that works out to 0.0006%.
On average though, one person dies in this country every seven seconds.
That includes 25,000 traffic deaths, all deaths to cancer, heart disease, diabetes, suicides, and flu season will be here any minute.

But some positive news. Even though every seven seconds someone dies, every four seconds someone is born.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of news, apparently the White House is now claiming Trump has completely eliminated COVID from the U.S., and are listing it as one of his achievements as President.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what? I might have known that coming down with COVID himself wouldn't have opened Trump's eyes to how serious this pandemic really is . . . he's still just as callous, clueless, and indifferent about it as ever . . . then again, he barely had to fight for his life, considering he had access to some of the best (and in this case, experimental) healthcare in the country that some 230,000 Americans weren't so fortunate to have.

This person seriously has no heart, no soul, and no conscience.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently somebody in my county must have come back to life or something, because our death toll had reached an even 100 a few days ago, but now it's dropped back down to 99.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As of today, not only has my county seen its second-highest spike in COVID cases yet, but my entire state has just seen it's highest spike in COVID cases since the pandemic began.