COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Moderna is coming out with a vaccine too.
This is incredible. Never has a vaccine been developed so fast. Not with polio, measles, or smallpox.
The only thing that stands in some people’s way, if a vaccine comes out while Trump is still in office, all bets are off.
See the dilemma? People are fast to blame Trump for everyone who died. But if a vaccine comes out that could save their life, they’d rather risk dying than take it. That is quite a crapshoot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's because nearly 300,000 people died because of Trump's gross neglience and outright refusal to take this pandemic seriously. Not only that, but he can't be trusted for anything; he's a pathological liar, and during this pandemic he's pushed things like bleach and hydroxychloroquine as being miracle cures, when they weren't (and at least one person has died as the direct result of ingesting a fish tank cleaning solution containing hydroxychloroquine as an ingredient because Trump said it was a cure). Trump has lied about the severity of the virus, he has lied about what works as cures for the virus, he has lied about the mortality rate of the virus, he has lied about when the pandemic would end . . . why should anybody trust him with a vaccine? Just about the only one we can trust regarding a vaccine would be Dr. Fauci, because he's one of the only people involved with the pandemic who even knows what he's talking about and what we're dealing with!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The issue is from the beginning, Trump did a terrible job warning the country about the virus coming into the US, and that’s why it came off as a sudden shock when states were closed and we were all forced to quarantine for two months until individual states decided to play by their own rules (many of which are now just reverting back to square one). He knew it was coming but didn’t bother warning about it until it actually came in. And when he told the public what had to be done, he didn’t even do his part and just continued going on golf trips half the time.

We also got false reports from him that the virus would be gone by spring or summer or just magically disappear. And now coming towards the end of this year, we still have this virus with us. The fact that he also gave poor solutions like drinking bleach, and the fact that some people even fell for it and suffered the consequences, says enough. Months later, he gets the virus and now actually starts to take it seriously. He even said in his first debate with Joe Biden “I’m gonna put the mask on when I think I need it!” which, again, says a lot.

We easily could have been out of this pandemic months ago if Trump actually took this virus seriously and people did their fair share of preventing it from spreading instead of having temper tantrums over having to wear a piece of cloth on their faces and not being able to go to their favorite places for the sake of pleasure. But here we are now, eight months into this pandemic. The fact that Trump lost the election is a blessing enough. I’m sure Biden won’t magically make the virus go away himself, but he’ll do a much better job at keeping it under control.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Biden will probably handle the pandemic better than Trump, I agree, but in all honesty, I'm not putting any trust into any politician over this matter . . . this is a health issue, not a political issue, so the ones I'm listening to are the healthcare experts and professionals, who actually have an idea of what they're talking about when it comes to safety guidelines. For example, the healthcare professionals said if you're not sick, the best kind of mask you can wear is one that completely seals off your face to prevent even the slightest chance of the airborne virus slipping through any open space between a mask and your face, which is why I wear a respirator that does just that. I wore gloves up until the healthcare professionals said it was pointless to do so as long as you keep your hands washed and/or sanitized regularly (which I do), because gloves just contribute to cross-contamination, especially when you touch multiple surfaces while wearing the same gloves. Even though I usually love to drive with my windows rolled down this time of year, because the healthcare experts are saying this is an airborne virus, I keeping my windows rolled up. And, with the healthcare experts pushing for social distancing, I'm doing my best to avoid any close, physical contact with anybody: no handshaking, no fistbumping, no hugging, nothing (which I'm sure the MeToo nuts are thrilled about, since they've been trying to reclassify such forms of physical contact as sexual harassment anyway).

Any Del

Reaction score
That's because nearly 300,000 people died because of Trump's gross neglience and outright refusal to take this pandemic seriously. Not only that, but he can't be trusted for anything; he's a pathological liar, and during this pandemic he's pushed things like bleach and hydroxychloroquine as being miracle cures, when they weren't (and at least one person has died as the direct result of ingesting a fish tank cleaning solution containing hydroxychloroquine as an ingredient because Trump said it was a cure). Trump has lied about the severity of the virus, he has lied about what works as cures for the virus, he has lied about the mortality rate of the virus, he has lied about when the pandemic would end . . . why should anybody trust him with a vaccine? Just about the only one we can trust regarding a vaccine would be Dr. Fauci, because he's one of the only people involved with the pandemic who even knows what he's talking about and what we're dealing with!
Trump has mythomania.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of blaming President Trump in here for the COVID pandemic and the large numbers. Just a real simple question for you all. I'm sure it will be easy to answer. Who do we blame for the ballooning numbers worldwide?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s entirely his fault, but he has partial fault for it for just treating it like an absolute joke.