Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

wiley207

Reaction score
I think this may be ALL the Monsterpiece Theater segments!
A pretty impressive collection. It even includes that "American Monster Classics" segment from Season 38. (I wonder if someone at SesameWorkshop was looking at the Muppet Wiki as a guide?!)
What's interesting are some of the prints used. Some pre-1992 segments have the extended "Library" intro tacked on, and some segments have no intro (they likely also had the "Library" intro but had it removed so the video could remain under two hours). "Chariots of Fur" is the unaired 1990s remake. "Gone With the Wind" is the original 1987 version with Alistair Cookie's pipe intact (probably because they released that version on DVD).

Muppets02

Reaction score
I do not spend a lot of time looking at clips that are posted for Sesame Street, but I noticed that these segments have been posted recently. The first clip is from Season 30, and the second one is from Season 2.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think this may be ALL the Monsterpiece Theater segments!
A pretty impressive collection. It even includes that "American Monster Classics" segment from Season 38. (I wonder if someone at SesameWorkshop was looking at the Muppet Wiki as a guide?!)
What's interesting are some of the prints used. Some pre-1992 segments have the extended "Library" intro tacked on, and some segments have no intro (they likely also had the "Library" intro but had it removed so the video could remain under two hours). "Chariots of Fur" is the unaired 1990s remake. "Gone With the Wind" is the original 1987 version with Alistair Cookie's pipe intact (probably because they released that version on DVD).
A few segments are missing. There's no Ali Baba, Hamlet, Lethal Weapon 3, or Anyone's Nose. Not surprised about excluding Hamlet or Leathal Weapon 3.

ssetta

Reaction score
A few segments are missing. There's no Ali Baba, Hamlet, Lethal Weapon 3, or Anyone's Nose. Not surprised about excluding Hamlet or Leathal Weapon 3.
I was gonna say the same thing. I think they probably didn't include Anyone's Nose because of copyright issues. That was actually a real song that used different lyrics, "Anything Goes" from the musical of the same name. The only reason I can think of for not including Ali Baba is because it had characters pushing each other.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If characters pushing each other is the reason it was cut, we really are just walking on egg shells now.

Muppets02

Reaction score
During a few months ago, there was a clip posted of the pledge break from the pledge drive version of episode 2835, also known as Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake.

wiley207

Reaction score
I mean YouTube just gets more and more broken each passing year that I don’t even see new videos in my subscriptions till like 3 months later. 🤷‍♂️
Indeed. I only found this upload from last year today:
This is a cute segment; it kind of reminds me of the 1969 Pink Panther cartoon "Think Before You Pink", the whole thing about someone dealing with an unruly pedestrian crossing signal. The difference is that the signal in the Pink Panther cartoon doesn't sprout legs and cross the street on its own at the end.
It's also kind of ironic seeing Kermit talking about worded pedestrian crossing signal indications like that, given he'd fail to see a "DONT WALK" signal in "The Muppets Take Manhattan" and get hit by a cab! Of course, they needed a way for him to get amnesia...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Still just proves that we’re walking on egg shells nowadays.

I mean seriously it’s not like those characters were even major to begin with, they were just one and done puppets. There’s much more controversial stuff from 40-50 or longer years ago like literal blackface than a Caucasian puppeteer doing a Middle Eastern accent.

Last edited: