Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

ssetta

Reaction score
This is one of the best Sesame videos made for YT in a while, just listen to all the classic songs they sing here:

Its ok but I’d rather have a real compilation of classic clips, which they haven’t posted in ages.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There’s an easy solution to that. You can make an entire playlist of clips like that on YouTube.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Raw footage of some of the celebrity verses from Put Down the Duckie.

Last edited by a moderator:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another video of more raw footage for the celebrities in Put Down the Duckie.

1986 SESAME STREET BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE Paul Simon Put Down the Duckie Itzhak Perlman Big Bird - YouTube

Some of the dates are a little hard to read when the clapboard is shown, but I am surprised, it looks like most of these were shot in 1986. I would have thought the celebrity verses would have started being taped in 1987. I am especially surprised that the shot of the Sesame Street cast singing a verse (which appears in the end credits of Sesame Street, Special) was shot in 1986, I would have thought that would be during production on the special (or was the special taped much earlier than I would have thought?). The clapboard does refer to that part as "cast insert", so maybe it was originally intended to be part of the celebrity version of the song when shown on the show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
These best friend band videos are a great way to introduce a new generation to classic Sesame songs. My favorite part of this is Elmo, Abby, Ernie, and Cookie's disco outfits. I would have gone with something else instead of Who Stole the Cookie for the second song though.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I found this animated song segment on YT just now, and I recall seeing it sometime during my final years of watching the show. The clip has the Noggin logo on the bottom right corner, implying that it was likely a later episode in the Unpaved package, or part of the Season 25 package on the 123 series. Since this segment is not listed on the Opposite segments page on Muppet Wiki, I would like to know, what is the earliest episode number this segment had aired?

wiley207

Reaction score
Now how did this slip past my radar, especially since I'm subscribed to this guy? (He's just my age and we're both on the spectrum!)

The English song heard here does seem less creepy than what was heard in the Arabic dub, sounding more like a hoedown number here. The hen's animation is a tad unsettling, but I will admit I thought the little reptilian creatures dancing after hatching from the eggs was pretty cute. (Maybe they're Bolivian Tree Lizards?)

And, just like I suspected, it works in the lesson how you shouldn't count your eggs until they hatch.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean YouTube just gets more and more broken each passing year that I don’t even see new videos in my subscriptions till like 3 months later. 🤷‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seeing the German dub of “NTV” for the first time….. this definitely kicks ***! 🤘😎🤘

Kinda makes me wish the English version did the same as this with having the Nickmatics and Nick’s father have their own singing bits instead of just having them lip-sync to his vocals.

wiley207

Reaction score

Heh, it's funny seeing and hearing the Count use one of the Amazing Mumford's magic spells and saying "Ala peanut butter sandwiches!" I wonder if there's an episode where Biff says it?

It's also a rare instance when the Count's storm cloud produces rain! His thunder spell probably made the cloud so heavy it had to let the water out!