Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do I only remember those multi-colored drawers in the Fix-It Shop being a product of the ATC era?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh. Starting at 8:58 with Big Bird in the Arbor, if you look closely, you can see where part of the edge of that painted backdrop isn't meeting the edge of the carriage house.

wiley207

Reaction score
It is weird that they just had Martin Robinson do the announcer voice. I saw a comment that said Jerry Nelson was likely busy but if that's the case they could have just reused the same opening from most of the others (it would be interesting to track how many Sesame Street News segments have unique announcements at the beginning instead of the usual... and this one basically has Robinson reading Nelson's usual line).
Yeah, I noticed how by 1983 they generally started using only one stock recording of Jerry Nelson's "We take you now to Kermit the Frog with another fast-breaking news story!" It was heard on most Sesame Street News segments made from 1983 to 1989; a few exceptions include Dr. Nobel Price's "Sherman the Hoppity Hop" (which uses the 1980 News Flash intro with Jerry introducing Dr. Nobel Price), the 1984 "Three Little Pigs" aftermath segment ("And now a Sesame Street News Flash! We understand that some unfortunate piggies have just been left homeless!"), the "Clean Sweep" Christmas segment ("We interrupt your regularly-scheduled program for a special report from our news correspondant, Kermit the Frog!") and that "This Is How I'm Made" segment (with Marty Robinson as the announcer). As I said, I'm guessing that during Season 20 they decided to experiment with the News Flash logo soundtrack so it wouldn't get too monotonous with that stock 1983 Jerry Nelson announcer spiel. (Even so, any time I've referenced/parodied Sesame Street News in one of my videos I'd use that 1983 logo soundtrack for that reason!)