Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

RadioWizard

Reaction score
Maybe I'm posting on the wrong thread but I have a question:
Is the pitch supposed to be higher on records?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I have that record but never played it cause I don’t have a record player 🤷🏿‍♂️ But..... that does honestly surprise me hearing this!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I swear this kid's name is Petey! You can clearly hear people enunciate that T sound in the name, and yet the Wiki claims it's "Piri" (there's no R sound in there) because apparently that's what was written in an early script or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, they actually addressed it. I'm sure Shane or Scott have better details than I do, but somebody apparently found a script or something that introduced the character as "Piri," so his page on the Wiki was changed to reflect that . . . but I mean, just listen: everytime you hear somebody say this character's name on-screen, it's clearly "Petey," there's no mistaking that T sound for an R sound.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Every single script says Piri. Once would be a mistake, several times, no.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does Piri's name appear in the credits? Since the fans didn't know it was Piri instead of Petey, I assume the credits would have spelled it as Petey. I think the wiki had the actors name credited (which I forget off-hand), if so that would have come from something that would list his character name in print as well (like credits or news articles or CTW Archives documents).

Unless somebody was able to identify him from a different role.