Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
If I'm gonna leave my YouTube channel open, I'm removing every Sesame Street clip that I THINK is suggestive/scary to children.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
(sigh) My channel has like, a thousand videos to plow through to figure whether they're suggestive or not. I'm just gonna have to shut down my JFriendsFan96 YouTube account anyway, I don't care about it very much anymore. I have all my channel's videos backed up on my harddrive anyway.

Last edited:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Alright, today's the day. I officially closed my YouTube channel. Whew. :wink:

But other than that, I have bad news to share folks... Caroll Spinney passed away today. :'(

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I really am glad I downloaded whatever Sesame clips were up on YouTube while I did, including the many clips that PumpkinJ had on his YouTube channel. I may have more to download (uploaded by others, of course), but not much. Probably just a few songs involving Muppets that are not covered on the playlists I downloaded, such as "I've Got Your Nose" and "Numerical Correspondence Song". I don't know if I did download them over the weekend, but I will have to check this afternoon. Either way, PumpkinJ's channel was fun while it lasted, and at least I downloaded many of the clips while I did.

However, at the same time, it is sad that the voice of Big Bird has finally made his ultimate flight - to that big nest in the sky. I knew he was having health issues when I learned a year ago that he was retiring. Oddly enough, despite me being a fan of vintage Sesame Street, I didn't find out about Spinney's death until one day afterwards. This goes to show how less interested I am in the news, considering some articles can cause me a lot of unnecessary stress, but Spinney's death is not a stress-causer.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Three incidents to have happened altogether yesterday.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
What were the incidents about?

Also, I wake up today, on December 10, the day YouTube's new terms of service comes into effect, and many of the surviving users who have Sesame clips on their channels - including longtime veterans Tiny Dancer and sawing14s, to name two - still exist. Maybe the work to shut down those channels hasn't started yet because a lot of people were still in bed, perhaps? I know sawing14s has posted videos as far back as 2006, maybe before, as I saw a clip with Cookie Monster and Cousin Monster that was uploaded way back in September 2006. He hasn't uploaded any Sesame video clips in seven years, though he did upload some audio clips last year for the purpose of a "Name that Tune" game he was hosting.

Maybe the purging of accounts has more to do with YouTube not earning ad revenue, and it seems as if Sesame clips may earn YouTube ad revenue, and if so, that's one hurdle cleared.

But that may be the tip of the iceberg, as YouTube's terms of service regarding kids' content, comes into effect in January. That may be the ultimate deciding factor for those users' futures on YouTube.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Also, PumpkinJ, have you considered uploading your Sesame clips to Dailymotion? I heard tell of positive results regarding staying power on Dailymotion, and there is a very positive track record regarding videos not being taken down on that site.

EDIT: Just realized, he does have an account on Dailymotion, but only nine to a dozen videos are there. Perhaps it's a good idea to upload his former YouTube postings there.

Last edited: