Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Also, PumpkinJ, have you considered uploading your Sesame clips to Dailymotion? I heard tell of positive results regarding staying power on Dailymotion, and there is a very positive track record regarding videos not being taken down on that site.

EDIT: Just realized, he does have an account on Dailymotion, but only nine to a dozen videos are there. Perhaps it's a good idea to upload his former YouTube postings there.
Apparently I haven't used my Dailymotion account in a long while. I apparently got copyright strikes on there in the past two years for posting "J Friends" (alt take) and "What Do I Do When I'm Alone?".

I may consider reuploading my videos to another site like vlare.tv.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So at this point, I’m just gonna go ahead and list my channels as not for kids as now I have come to the conclusion that “not for kids” basically just means general audience. And yeah, in the end Sesame Street is a kid’s show, but we still have grown adults who watch it for nostalgia and I’m sure even Sesame Workshop’s channel alone was originally created for that purpose just as much.

But I just want some feedback first. Should they just be set “for kids” or do y’all think YouTube will care if grown adults are enjoying Sesame content?

Last edited by a moderator:

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
If YT is causing so much anxiety, there are other video platforms, such as Dailymotion, Vimeo, Liveleak, and Vlare, where a community of classic SS fans can build a new home. But ultimately, my wish is that the Workshop would vouch for fan channels in order to allocate any revenue generated by our uploads toward their organization.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
if I were you, I wouldn't bother uploading Sesame content to any of the aforementioned video sharing sites. Like PumpkinJ said, he did get copyright strikes on Dailymotion for uploading "J Friends" and another video.

Vlare could be a suitable option for now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

So, not a newly-discovered classic clip, but with the 2010s coming to an end, I thought I’d share with y’all a skit compilation video I made that was based off an old long-gone Sesame Street skit compilation fan tape my dad made when I was a baby during the time season 25 was airing in 93-94 that I know I’ve brought up here and on YouTube from time to time (because I really wanted to re-create it).

Some skits/street scenes weren’t actually on the tape (along with the credits), but I put them in there because portions were accidentally taped on there in between recordings, so I included them because why not? (The only thing that does suck is some skits unfortunately are incomplete due to the only sources being available online, and two aren’t exactly as they appeared in the episodes because again, those sources aren’t available, but for now, I’m perfectly fine with them and won’t lose any sleep over it. :stick_out_tongue:)

The only other thing that sucks is I had to put an edit on the song “It’s All Right to Cry” because it kept getting my last two uploads blocked. Here’s the video with no edits which I will make public later once I get on my computer:

Would just like to give a big thank you to @Schfifty and @Any Del with your big help on getting me segments for the video that aren’t online yet. Really appreciate your time and help!

Any Del

Reaction score

So, not a newly-discovered classic clip, but with the 2010s coming to an end, I thought I’d share with y’all a skit compilation video I made that was based off an old long-gone Sesame Street skit compilation fan tape my dad made when I was a baby during the time season 25 was airing in 93-94 that I know I’ve brought up here and on YouTube from time to time (because I really wanted to re-create it).

Some skits/street scenes weren’t actually on the tape (along with the credits), but I put them in there because portions were accidentally taped on there in between recordings, so I included them because why not? (The only thing that does suck is some skits unfortunately are incomplete due to the only sources being available online, and two aren’t exactly as they appeared in the episodes because again, those sources aren’t available, but for now, I’m perfectly fine with them and won’t lose any sleep over it. :stick_out_tongue:)

The only other thing that sucks is I had to put an edit on the song “It’s All Right to Cry” because it kept getting my last two uploads blocked. Here’s the video with no edits which I will make public later once I get on my computer:

Would just like to give a big thank you to @Schfifty and @Any Del with your big help on getting me segments for the video that aren’t online yet. Really appreciate your time and help!
Love the effort you put in the compilation man! Also, sure thing! Glad I could help! :wink:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

I like how you included the celebrity version of Monster In The Mirror.