Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think it sounds like COPPA was a scare tactic by someone who was having a bad day and had nothing better to do with his or her time.

But still, I think the new terms of service that was supposedly coming into effect on December 10 is more designed for revenue purposes, and while the fictional COPPA had nothing to do with it, unless I hear otherwise, I still think this December 10 thing is reality, even if COPPA is not involved in this.

EDIT: I just checked Google News, not one article supports the claim that COPPA is not true. Unless a reliable online source, such as CBS, The New York Times, The L.A. Times, Time magazine, etc., proves otherwise, I am going to assume that COPPA is reality.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I've managed to download all 1500+ of the available cartoon segmentsv today, plus whatever exists of the Guy Smiley sketches, plus many or all of the Muppet/Kid moments today. i even downloaded many of the Anything Muppet sketches this morning as well. I will definitely be downloading more segments this weekend. I also downloaded a few Sesame Muppet songs too, and more will be coming. I also downloaded some older episodes too, as I discovered there are vintage cartoon segments in some of the episodes which are not uploaded as small clips.

Some segments will be considered for deletion, or converted to just audio. They include the "Scanimate Films #10" segment, and the Goldilocks takes a bath segments. As for the segments where the camera rotates 180 degrees, such as the "Herbert's M and W lecture" and the "Upside Down 11" sketches, I had issues with such 180 degree angle, but now I seem to have gotten over my being sensitive over it. Maybe ot was because of the fact that some associated issues are outdated and redundant now, and/or maybe it's because I accidentally stumbled upon still images on Muppet Wiki and YouTube. However, I still have issues with the floating face in "Scanimate Films #10".

I do have all of the Ernie and Bert sketches, all of the film/song segments, all of Herbert Birdsfoot's sketches in existence, and I believe I have all of the Cookie Monster and Grover sketches, and most likely the Kermit sketches. There are a small number of segments involving other recurring caracters from the 1970s/early 1980s that I downloaced, including Harvey Kneeslapper, Farley, etc. I have yet to download the entire collection of Big Bird sketches (though some will be deleted). I do know for sure that segments that are dubbed in a foreign language will be deleted, unless it is a Spanish spoken segment that aired on the American Sesame Street. And Canadian segments will be deleted unless they were farmed over to the U.S. version.

If I could estimate how much Sesame stuff I downloaded since last weekend, I'd say roughly between 60 to 70 percent of the Sesame clips are downloaded now.

There are still human cast sketches, musical Muppet segments, and other goodies yet to download, but I must say, I am closer to completing my collection.

Once I finished downloading, I will then upload them to my Google Drive, but will not be shared.

Also, I checked out your channel, PumpkinJ. I must say, it's awesome, and it will be sad to see it go, but that's U.S. Government for you. i think your clips, and another user who uploaded high quality segments, are the best channels for Sesame content, though the show's official YouTube channel will all be what's left pretty soon.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I do have one question about one of the segments on YouTube. I noticed there was an alternate version of "A count of ten" - is this a fan-edited version that removed or replaced the creepy floating face?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I agree. Especially since many of the videos have ads that are shown before the clip starts. I even noticed that one video had two ads shown before the clip started.

Also, I had intended to download every single classic Sesame clip for some time. Some months ago, in fact.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I agree. Especially since many of the videos have ads that are shown before the clip starts. I even noticed that one video had two ads shown before the clip started.

Also, I had intended to download every single classic Sesame clip for some time. Some months ago, in fact.
Me too.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Well, either 2ay, I pretty much downloaded virtually everything Sesame related downloaded now. I even downloaded some episodes for the purpose of extracting segments that do not have small clups alone on YouTube. It took me the better part of 24 hours (not including sleep). It is really great thatI I had the opportunity to download what I can, but the work will come someday that I will put post-Season 14 clips into a junk folder for the purpose of deletion.