Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So just letting y’all know this is gonna be a thing soon.

so at this point, you may as well just enjoy Sesame content exclusively on their channel. 🤷🏿‍♂️

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was worried, asked Google and saw an article saying that it won’t delete videos just for not making money (and was really referring to website features).

if they did, how could people get their starts on the website? As far as I know, YouTubers can’t get monetized immediately when they start a channel.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The poor souls will have to create their own content rather than steal it from others? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's not what I meant... I just meant non-established YouTubers, like minor muppetz said. That is why this will totally not happen.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I did learn that YouTube will be changing its Terms of Service, coming into effect on December 10. I have unlisted videos on YouTube for many months now, but it looks like I will be deleting them in the coming days, and as we head into a new decade, there will be nothing left for us to see. Not just Sesame Street clips and episodes, but also music videos, game shows, cartoons, soap operas, etc. But in either event, after being a member of the YouTube community for over 13 years, I'm considering closing down my YouTube channel before December 10.

I am also in the process of downloading as many episodes of certain shows I enjoy while I can, and I will be archiving them on Google Drive, and will not be shared. But thankfully, I got much of the Sesame content I desired, and while my collection is limited, I have no plans on downloading any more of such content any time soon.

Thankfully I do not upload anything publicly, but it sounds like this new COPPA thing is perhaps one of the ways to get the U.S. economy back on track. A cash grab at its finest.

I got most of the episodes of shows I desired on YouTube, but I will be soon heading for Dailymotion to download whatever stuff I can find. As for cartoons, I got most of my desired series downloaded and out of the way.

I think the COPPA laws mostly apply to U.S. citizens, but thankfully not those in Canada. If I upload any episodes of my creative videos, and assuming it is original content and not blatant copycats, I may be required to make money off my videos, which I have no problem with. Maybe some of them might make me a nice bit of money.

If Barack Obama was still president, he would not approve of such law. But knowing Donald Trump, it's a completely different can of worms.

Either way, it looks like this thread will likely be a moot point by the time the next decade rolls around, and will likely be locked as a result.

EDIT: I just closed my YouTube and one of my two Dailymotion accounts just now. It was a wonderful ride.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
IKR? I also heard they could make us pay $42,000 a FINE if our accounts violate the new COPPA policy (i.e. if we mistag a kid-friendly video with the "Not for kids" option), which is WORSE.
This could apply to Sesame clips that were acceptable back in the day, but not appropriate for today's kids. Such as the "D-dart", "B for Bosco, Bubbles and Bath" (due to someone's backside shown) and "Goldilocks Takes a Bath" (due to brief nudity). They are not for kids today.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I am pretty certain the $42,000 fine may only apply to uploaders in the U.S. This is a United States-based law, if I recall. It likely doesn't apply to Canada, if I recall. But then again, YouTube is an American-based site, so maybe the U.S. law applies to uploaders, including those who live in Canada or wherever else.

As for monetizing, I am not interested in making any money with any of my created videos I had planned on uploading, since I have a high-paying job already, and there is a saying that being wealthy is not healthy. My income is just enough to cover the basic needs. Therefore, YouTube is not in the cards for me anymore.

I'll have to find another website to upload my created content, without having to collect revenue for each view by anyone. But I may have to set age restriction since there is likely content that could be borderline TV-14, but thankfully not too adult.

As for Sesame Street videos, all that will likely remain will be whatever gets published by the show's official YouTube channel. There are a few classic segments, many of them featuring Muppets and retired cast members, but overall there seems to be far more 21st century content than classic material. I do know some of the classic animated segments that exist are "Jack and the B-Stalk", "The M Who Came to Dinner", and "Speech balloon: M for Mail" skits. I also found the "A loaf of bread, a stick of butter and a container of milk" skit on said channel. I hope more classic segments, animated or live-action, get uploaded soon enough, but it seems as if Sesame Workshop is treating the very recent material as higher priority, with the classic material being lower priority. But then again, classic material may be being added at a slow and steady pace.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Truth is, COPPA is not fake. In fact, the truth behind COPPA vs. YouTube is that YouTube got sued for violating COPPA, and as per settlement terms, YouTube agreed to amend the terms of service regarding COPPA regulations which come into effect on December 10 or January 1. A fine of up to about $42,000 would be issued for each video that lacks a "For kids viewing" or "Not for Kids" tag.

As for what's coming into effect as of December 10, this is more of a new policy that forbids users from not making money off their creative content. They will be required to make money through ads, otherwise their accounts will be shut down by the powers that be. But the new rules involving COPPA come into effect on January 1, if I recall. These December 10 terms likely means that all of the users who uploaded Sesame Street clips could be at risk, but most likely not the show's official YouTube channel. It might be possible that some users have already taken prompt action and took down their videos.

I am downloading as many videos of episodes possible in the days leading up to and including December 9, though some channels may be shut down by users on their own free will by that point, most likely, as we get closer to December 10. I really would hate to stop visiting YouTube, but I may have no choice if there is nothing left for me to enjoy. I already did delete my account, though I never did have any public videos and they were my own creations, but the primary reason is because I will have nothing left to comment on, and my account will be deemed useless as a result.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As for what's coming into effect as of December 10, this is more of a new policy that forbids users from not making money off their creative content. They will be required to make money through ads, otherwise their accounts will be shut down by the powers that be.
Cite sources please.