Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Based off the background from the above picture, it's impossible to miss that REALLY scary-looking tree with that illusion of a ghostly face and its rather odd shape. The reason why I point that out is because I know there was some other segment done on the show from around the same time (season 1 most likely) that uses that same forest background and featured two AMs, who I believe were a father and son. Does anyone know what skit this was?
That "father and son AMs" skit you're referring to is this:

SkyeFan

Reaction score
Yes, that's the one! Thank you! I've been wondering about that skit for a long time! See what I mean about that one large scary tree that just stands out in the background? I think there was a variation of that segment, only this one had a mother and daughter at a zoo. I think it was from the second season. I don't suppose that "Letter F" story with Bob and Kermit the Frog was intended to have a spooky nature at some point, due to that same background "scary forest" being used.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Yes, that's the one! Thank you! I've been wondering about that skit for a long time! See what I mean about that one large scary tree that just stands out in the background? I think there was a variation of that segment, only this one had a mother and daughter at a zoo. I think it was from the second season. I don't suppose that "Letter F" story with Bob and Kermit the Frog was intended to have a spooky nature at some point, due to that same background "scary forest" being used.
It was also used in the Season 1 version of Kermit's Being Green song.

SkyeFan

Reaction score
So I suppose those segments were all taped the same day. I believe that same background was used later on in the News Flash segment from season 5 with Little Miss Muffet, although you can see that the backdrop was touched up quite a bit with more trees painted and realistic detail adorned to the already existing trees. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done in the second season for whatever segment was taped then requiring that same forest scenery. They probably painted over that entire "scary-looking" tree, so that the background could look more generic, and not just look like one for a spooky story. No wonder I was confused as to why this kind of scenery was used in a rather sweet-toned segment with the father and son. I just wasn't aware (although I had a feeling) it was used as the scenery for a story segment.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
lol @ the CGI tree at 1:07. They must've been influenced by Jabba the Hutt or something.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
so this is happening tomorrow...
so cross your fingers and hope we get to see something rare