Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

wiley207

Reaction score
Starting at 8:13 is a REALLY rare treat!
An updated version of the classic Monsterpiece Theater sketch "Chariots of Fur," with the 1992 "Library" intro and new Alistair Cookie wraparounds. To Oscarfan and I's knowledge, this updated version was never actually aired on the show! So it's been sitting in the archives until this compilation. Amazing...

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Starting at 8:13 is a REALLY rare treat!
An updated version of the classic Monsterpiece Theater sketch "Chariots of Fur," with the 1992 "Library" intro and new Alistair Cookie wraparounds. To Oscarfan and I's knowledge, this updated version was never actually aired on the show! So it's been sitting in the archives until this compilation. Amazing...
It was a good compilation except a 3rd of it was just Crumby Pictures

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is the "regular episode" version, as opposed to the original pledge drive version, which . . . if it wasn't for the fact that the tape I have of it is almost unwatchable now, and the risk of VCR eating it while trying to copy it to a DVD, I would consider copying again for the sake of posterity, but the risk is too great.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought the movie parodies compilation was scheduled for tomorrow, not today.

Interesting to see Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur with reshot wrap-arounds. Years ago I thought I saw it listed in a late-1990s guide but after all the 1990s episodes became complete I clicked "what links here" on the Chariots of Fur image and didn't see it listed in any episodes past season 20, before they replaced the wrap-arounds, and if it is in a post-season 20 episode (not counting maybe the few that don't have complete guides, but those are early-1990s), it's a surprise to not be pictured in the guide. But we see here that they did at least reshoot the wrap-arounds. And man, those reshot intros actually look great.

It'd be interesting to see if they ever did reshoot the intros for Upstairs, Downstairs or Me, Claudias which, like Chariots of Fur, (most likely) never aired after season 20.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Interesting to see Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur with reshot wrap-arounds. Years ago I thought I saw it listed in a late-1990s guide but after all the 1990s episodes became complete I clicked "what links here" on the Chariots of Fur image and didn't see it listed in any episodes past season 20, before they replaced the wrap-arounds, and if it is in a post-season 20 episode (not counting maybe the few that don't have complete guides, but those are early-1990s), it's a surprise to not be pictured in the guide. But we see here that they did at least reshoot the wrap-arounds. And man, those reshot intros actually look great.
Somebody has made that guide you're referring to based on absolutely nothing; they made up inserts to go in.