Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think some YouTube Poops I did years ago. YouTube's copyright system is automated so if it detects copyrighted content, regardless of the privacy settings, you can still receive claims - there's been times where Fox or Disney would have claims on YTPs I've done the very second they finished uploading and processing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, if I’m being honest, I’m not too worried about Sesame Workshop taking down individual segments, even if it has occasionally happened once in a blue moon with some users.

The on to off chances of the Workshop taking down individual segments within the next three months seems slim to me. But if they do end up pulling that stunt and my channel goes, truth is, I really could care less. Nothing lasts forever at the end of the day and i’ve personally retired from uploading clips.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
If I may add, Sesame Workshop blocked 13 of my videos back in late 2017, and 4 of them early this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Any small wonder why I stopped bothering with SS content on YouTube?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It’s very rare that they actually took down individual inserts though.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I apologize for the inconvenience, but I set all my videos to private until October because I received two copyright strikes from the workshop for uploading the Behind the Streets scenes from the 40th DVD. They will be back up once those strikes expire.
Having your videos set to private or unlisted won't help them from dodging a copyright strike. If someone uploads content that the software matches to copyrighted material, it's going to get flagged. There are no humans involved in this process.

YouTube's algorithm matched the video to content that's still commercially available: amazon.com/dp/B002K0WBWI

I learned this the hard way years ago. It's best not to steal content.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, I know, I caught onto that myself yesterday.

At this point, I’m just gonna hope for the best. Sesame Workshop hasn’t had a huge history of dishing out strikes for uploading individual skits, minus one incident in late 2017 with TheOriginalTellyMonster, so hopefully that won’t be the case within the next three months. But like I said, if they do suddenly decide to take down an individual insert then my channel was fun while it lasted.