Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue voice artists

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NOSTALGIA CRITIC: Who do they get to start off this ground-breaking special? None other than the ******* Presidents of The United States himself! OMG! GEORGE BUSH IS KICKING THIS THING OFF! OMG... George Bush is kicking this thing off? That can't be good... he goes on and on and on about how listening to your parents is a good thing, but when you're a kid hyped up as ****, all you can hear is "Blah, blah, blah, I'm an old person, blah, blah, blah, I'm keeping you from cartoons, blah, blah, BLAH!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
NOSTALGIA CRITIC: Who do they get to start off this ground-breaking special? None other than the ******* Presidents of The United States himself! OMG! GEORGE BUSH IS KICKING THIS THING OFF! OMG... George Bush is kicking this thing off? That can't be good... he goes on and on and on about how listening to your parents is a good thing, but when you're a kid hyped up as ****, all you can hear is "Blah, blah, blah, I'm an old person, blah, blah, blah, I'm keeping you from cartoons, blah, blah, BLAH!"
I already read it, you don't have to repeat it again :stick_out_tongue:.
Anyway, I was one of the rare children that actually listened to adults on tv and respected them, especially the president, but he was not telling me anything new, my ma was living in San Francisco in the 60's and 70's for goodness sakes:stick_out_tongue:! I heard of the evil gory details early on, and to this day I have never done so much as smoked a cigarette (because my grandpa died of lung troubles from smoking when I was three) ...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I already read it, you don't have to repeat it again :stick_out_tongue:.
Anyway, I was one of the rare children that actually listened to adults on tv and respected them, especially the president, but he was not telling me anything new, my ma was living in San Francisco in the 60's and 70's for goodness sakes:stick_out_tongue:! I heard of the evil gory details early on, and to this day I have never done so much as smoked a cigarette (because my grandpa died of lung troubles from smoking when I was three) ...

Thinks of making joke about Bush Sr... thinks about making jokes about Bush Jr... realizes they're blatantly obvious, and everyone's already thinking of them....

Redsonga

Reaction score
MY ma was living in the south in the 50S and 60s for cryin' out loud! :stick_out_tongue:
*lol* Well, it's not quite the same thing, trust me... anyhow...

Thinks of making joke about Bush Sr... thinks about making jokes about Bush Jr... realizes they're blatantly obvious, and everyone's already thinking of them....
I never said I liked him now really, I just mean I was raised when I was little to respect the president because of who he was, not because of the things he did as an actual human being...Goodness, I was only 6-7 in 1990, teachers weren't even real human beings to me yet, they were just teachers to be listened to:coy: *is, and has always been, a happy teachers pet who kept her two cents to herself:embarrassed:*

Xerus

Reaction score
The only ones I ever had trouble thinking of as knowing about drugs was the Muppet Babies, that always shocked me when I was little..Everyone else, Bugs lived though war and just about everything, the chipmucks could have learned about it in school, ALF was very adult as a character, the turtles were teenagers in the big city, Garfield spent half his life watching things on tv...I could see them knowing about drugs...
I remember this Smurfs episode where they did a drug like story. A witch gives Poet Smurf a magic orb that could enhance his talents. But it just made Poet very hyper whenever he touched it and he let some of the other Smurfs touch it too making them hyper as well. But then the orb lost its power and the addicted Smurfs asked the witch for another one. She'd let them touch the orb in her castle only if they become her slaves forever. But luckily in the end, they fought the orb's power and their lives went back to normal.

And in the song in the Cartoon All-Stars special, Poet says, "Those drugs are so boring." It was like he was trying to warn kids not to go through what he went through.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I forgot to tell you, thanks for doing a focus on the voice actors in this special. I actualy remember watching this when I was little. I wish I still had the tape. thanks agian Xerus :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I forgot to tell you, thanks for doing a focus on the voice actors in this special. I actualy remember watching this when I was little. I wish I still had the tape. thanks agian Xerus :smile:
Oh, your welcome. :smile: It too was a treat seeing it back in 1990. You can find the video on either amazon.com or eBay. I saw a couple of used ones for sale the other day.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Oh, your welcome. :smile: It too was a treat seeing it back in 1990. You can find the video on either amazon.com or eBay. I saw a couple of used ones for sale the other day.
Thanks. The last time I saw it was on youtube. It was alot diffrent then I remembered it, but still good. I wonder if they'd ever decide to do an update to this special with modern characters, and maybe it could be Micheal's son/daughter.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thanks. The last time I saw it was on youtube. It was alot diffrent then I remembered it, but still good. I wonder if they'd ever decide to do an update to this special with modern characters, and maybe it could be Micheal's son/daughter.
I always wondered, what if this special was made in a different year, which popular cartoon stars would they use? I'd imagine...

Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, Inspector Gadget, Optimus Prime, Beetlejuice, Tiny Toons, the Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Sailor Moon, Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, Pikachu, Yu-Gi-Oh, Spongebob Squarepants, or Mickey Mouse.