• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue voice artists

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have and he says the same that I do: How can cartoon characters from our childhood know what drugs are?
I can't speak for others... but Simon of the Chipmunks is a well read kid. he knows a lot about a lot, and clearly has studied drugs and drug abuse. Not to mentioon Dave might have had a serious talk with the boys, like all parents should have.

As for the TMNT, they have ALWAYS had a hard stance on Drug abuse. From the infamous "I'm no chicken, you're a turkey" PSA, to the sequence in the movie where Danny the Runaway puts painkillers on top of a Pizza, forcing Mike and Don to sadly toss it out... even to T-Shirts and at the beginning of their Arcade game.

And apparently the A Pup Named Scooby Doo characters know what they are... while they didn't appear in an episode, one of the villains in the show either abused or delt drugs. I forget which episode, and to what extent... and it was just mentioned. But what I can clearly remember, Scooby Doo mutters "Drugs! Yuck!'

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And apparently the A Pup Named Scooby Doo characters know what they are... while they didn't appear in an episode, one of the villains in the show either abused or delt drugs. I forget which episode, and to what extent... and it was just mentioned. But what I can clearly remember, Scooby Doo mutters "Drugs! Yuck!'
Surfer Dude is the episode you're thinking of, BTW.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Practically everybody's seen it, though.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The only ones I ever had trouble thinking of as knowing about drugs was the Muppet Babies, that always shocked me when I was little..Everyone else, Bugs lived though war and just about everything, the chipmucks could have learned about it in school, ALF was very adult as a character, the turtles were teenagers in the big city, Garfield spent half his life watching things on tv...I could see them knowing about drugs...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But Winnie the Pooh & Muppet Babies...No way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ALF was very adult as a character

Of course, on Melmac, they abused sticky tape and the glue they put on the back of envelopes... The motto was "Don't stick out your tongue!"

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ You mean like Toon Town in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Maybe it's sorta like that, if it was possible for such a thing to exist XD

I saw NC's review, and I agree, it could've been so much more epic.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I remember watching this as a kid and for some reason, the whole drugs thing went over my head... Which is really weird considering that was what the thing was about. I was just so hyped about seeing all my favorite cartoon characters in one place, I guess. That, and I was really young. To young to care what drugs were.