Bob's Deaf Niece

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I just saw a repeat of the episode of Sesame Street where Bob's niece is introduced. She's an interesting character and since Linda has been removed form the Street scenes they should make her a regular. What are your thoughts?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
No

No, this episode was first run only two weeks ago. Judging by her height and maturity I would say that Bob's niece is between 8 and 10 years old, so unless she previously appeared on the show as one of the many little kids who show up from time to time without being named or returning, I don't think so.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Human.

I just gave her age and a possible way for her to have appeared on the show earlier when younger, since the Muppets don't age she is obviously human.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think it would be neat if she became a recurring character. Not only would it allow SS to keep teaching about deaf culture and sign language but could also show a family dynamic (uncle to niece). I always thought that SS was very smart in teaching such diverse things such as deaf culture and I certainly hope they'll continue to do so in the future (my cousin is deaf so this hits close to home).

BEAR

Reaction score
She's cute and if they ever do choose to use her more regularly then that's cool. I'd much rather see Linda though if they are going to bring back the whole deaf/sign language thing.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
BEAR said:
She's cute and if they ever do choose to use her more regularly then that's cool. I'd much rather see Linda though if they are going to bring back the whole deaf/sign language thing.
Me too! I loved Linda and I really wish that she was still a principal character!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I just gave her age and a possible way for her to have appeared on the show earlier when younger, since the Muppets don't age she is obviously human.

WHATEVER DUDE I'M 27 I DON'T WATCH SS THAT MUCH