Bible Study

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It’s only in my dreams that I leave. When I wake up I always have faith again. I have no idea why I have those crazy dreams. Dreams are crazy.

When people challenge my beliefs and tell me I am being hateful and bigoted, I like to tell them that I’m too scared to leave and explain how I came to the faith

so they will leave me alone and have more understanding and compassion.
No, it just makes it more confusing. You’re failing if this is your way of trying to convert people.

mariolover

Reaction score
No, it just makes it more confusing. You’re failing if this is your way of trying to convert people.
I’m not trying to force my beliefs on people, I just want to explain my beliefs to them so they stop harassing me

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I’m not trying to force my beliefs on people, I just want to explain my beliefs to them so they stop harassing me
No one is harassing you. We’re just putting your feet to the fire to find out where you stand when it comes to your beliefs.

mariolover

Reaction score
No one is harassing you. We’re just putting your feet to the fire to find out where you stand when it comes to your beliefs.
Not on here, but on reddit people often harass me for my views. One person told me he hopes I get the most painful form of cancer ever because of my beliefs. Isn’t that ludicrous?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reddit's a troll playground that's trying to pretend to be a legitimate social media platform. It's like a reality TV star trying to pretend to be a politician.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What were you before you got saved?
I was a mess. I was raised Catholic, but never got it. I wasn't saved until I was in my thirties. But better late than never.
I admire you finding truth, that's a good start. But having a relationship with God is a lifelong commitment. It's easy to start something. But as a Christian you're going to be challenged like you can't believe. A lot of people.will test your faith to see what you're made of. And Satan will always try to distract you.

mariolover

Reaction score
I was a mess. I was raised Catholic, but never got it. I wasn't saved until I was in my thirties. But better late than never.
I admire you finding truth, that's a good start. But having a relationship with God is a lifelong commitment. It's easy to start something. But as a Christian you're going to be challenged like you can't believe. A lot of people.will test your faith to see what you're made of. And Satan will always try to distract you.
Were you an atheist or agnostic or something else?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Were you an atheist or agnostic or something else?
No, I was raised Catholic. I received all the sacraments- baptism, communion, confirmation, even got married in a Catholic church, but I never had that relationship with God. God still seemed to be a million miles away. Once I opened my heart and let Him in, everything changed.

Is Old Thunder Satan? The jury is still out on that. But Satan is clever, he can use people to do his bidding.