Bible Study

mariolover

Reaction score
Are you more joyful and happy since joining the flock? Also FYI I can be a servant to others without being a Christian.
No it didn’t. Now I’m afraid to leave though. I’ve been searching for truth for 4 months. I’ve been wondering about this for years and finally converted 3 months ago. I don’t want to waste all that time and de-convert. That would probably make me feel really yucky inside and make me feel like I’m going crazy.

mariolover

Reaction score
I don’t think you’re spreading hate per se, I think you’re not thinking things through enough and instead becoming a bit ignorant in certain aspects in an attempt to “get on the right path”. Your calling Islam a part of a godless society, for instance, is all sorts of weird, given that Islam is a religion that believes in a god (Allah) and thus cannot be a part of a godless society.

Anyway, the issue doesn’t lie with a secular world barging into education and other government institutions. This country was not founding in Christian principles. From the very beginning, separation of church and state and freedom of religion have been an integral part of the United States. Why should we have prayer in school then? Why can’t we learn about other cultures and LGBTQ+ topics?

Honestly, it’s a much more pleasant world when you stop worrying about an imaginary lake of fire and start making your time on this planet meaningful. We aren’t guaranteed tomorrow. Feel free to stockpile for your future, but I’m gonna seize the day.
I shouldn’t have said that about Islam. I believe Islam is a fake religion though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then there are those who trust God, but never do anything. God wants you to do all you can, then He'll do the rest. But we need to do our part.
This is what I'm saying whenever we have some kind of tragedy going on like a mass shooting, and people's response is simply "thoughts and prayers." Yeah, God wants us to pray, but He also wants us to do things for ourselves.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, God helps those who help themselves. In the wake of any tragedy, not just a shooting, but if someone's house burns down, or a death in the family, we do what we can to give aid and comfort to the victims. But we still need to pray for his guidance.

I've seen bits and pieces in my life, where things work out for our good. We might not understand it, it may not happen for a long time, but I do believe things happen for a reason.
Even in the midst of absolute chaos, God can make order out of it.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
No it didn’t. Now I’m afraid to leave though. I’ve been searching for truth for 4 months. I’ve been wondering about this for years and finally converted 3 months ago. I don’t want to waste all that time and de-convert. That would probably make me feel really yucky inside and make me feel like I’m going crazy.
This strikes to the core of everything then. If you yourself aren’t sure about your faith, why would you try to convert others?

also is there some kind of big process in de-converting cuz I must’ve missed it

mariolover

Reaction score
This strikes to the core of everything then. If you yourself aren’t sure about your faith, why would you try to convert others?

also is there some kind of big process in de-converting cuz I must’ve missed it
I strongly believe in Christianity. I believe 100%. I have had dreams where I deconvert and become Agnostic and one where I became Muslim and it always makes me feel yucky inside. Thank god they are only dreams.

When I wake up I always start having faith again

mariolover

Reaction score
I was previously a non believer as I said before.

I searched for truth for 4 months straight and finally found it, and I’ve been wondering about it for years. It would be a waste to de-convert after all this.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, the two-part dialogue going on between fuzzygobo/D'Snowth and Old Thunder/mariolover... I love the content, but it's funny how there's two separate convos going on.

The only thing I have to say about this is it really bothers me when one person thinks their religion is right and another's is wrong... how ignorant can you be: like yeah, "everyone who isn't me is wasting their time".

It would be a waste to de-convert after all this.
This is a really weird way to look at it... if your faith makes you happy and fills your heart at the end of the day then stick to it.