Bible Study

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So... if you don't pick and choose what you believe from the Bible, and you believe everything in it, do you believe that women are inferior to men???

I'm also going to say this: using religion to defend your prejudice is NOT okay, I don't care if you're Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc. etc. Prejudice is prejudice. End of story.

gravy

Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought anything anti-gay in the bible is merely a mistranslation and misunderstanding that has been dragged on for years and years and years

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought anything anti-gay in the bible is merely a mistranslation and misunderstanding that has been dragged on for years and years and years
Yep. Leviticus was almost certainly referring to pedophilia, not homosexuality.

mariolover

Reaction score
I’m back to say something real quick that has been heavy on my heart......... The Holy Spirit has called me to post this. Not trying to be annoying or be a troll.

My heart has really been aching for the unsaved, because I’m not sure how much time we have left before the rapture and I’m not sure whether more people will end up in heaven or the other place.

I wish everyone went to heaven, even Hitlers and Bin Ladens (not saying I condone what they did. What they did was unacceptable. I have a big heart though.) But unfortunately I must accept reality.

I’m not sure whether Matthew 7:13-14 refers to all times or just back then. Those verses can be interpreted many ways. It’s hard to know because the Bible was written 2,000+ years ago.

Timothy 4:3-4 says there are going to be a lot of false doctrines in the last days the devil will use to try to deceive us, and I see a lot of these being played out right before our eyes, and many people fall for them, including some of my professing Christian friends.

This is one of the many reasons I read my Bible almost every day, so I have discernment.

I will keep praying for and witnessing to my unsaved friends and family in the most loving way possible without being like a Jehovah Witness. Because ultimately only God can judge where they will end up so I still have hope.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
Also, I have many hard questions I still wrestle with:

What happens to those who have never heard? (I’m an exclusivist)

Why does God allow evil?

Why would a loving God allow people to go to you know where? Couldn’t they just reincarnate several times until they finally accepted Jesus to get to heaven?

Where did God and everything come from? Why isn’t this just a void of nothingness?

Why are we here? Why didn’t God just not create anything?

Why doesn’t heaven have visiting hours?

Why won’t God answer all these questions this side of Earth?

Knowing God is all-powerful and all-knowing, he could’ve chosen to do these things, but for very good reasons we will never know until we die, he doesn’t. He also chooses to keep these answers secret for reasons we can’t comprehend either.

I will either ask God all these questions when I die, or I will just know them without having to ask.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
II can tackle this much.
Why does God allow evil?
Because He gave us the freedom to choose between good and evil. He could have designed us to be mindless robots and just bow to Him. But he gave us the freedom to-make up our own minds.

Is it His fault people choose evil? No. Does it grieve Him when people choose evil? Yes.
But then people who sin come back and ask for forgiveness, like the Prodigal Son did.

A lot of your other questions can be answered by Proverbs 3:5-6, trust in God, lean not on your own understanding,
And Romans 8:28 He works everything out for our good and His glory.

So even if we can’t understand why, evil can play a part in His plan.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Why does a loving God allow people to go to 773H? (See, I’m not afraid to mention that place, because like Heaven and Earth, it does exist).

Well, first John 3:16- He so loved the world He sent His only begotten son to die for our sins.

After Jesus made that sacrifice, and people still turn away from God, and God gives people every chance to repent, and they STILL turn away, what’s God supposed to do?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'll take the why doesn't heaven have visiting hours question?

It does. Ever been to Iowa?