Bible Study

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is thet thing that bothers me: in the eyes of the Lord, there is no one sin that is greater, more severe, or worse than another; all sin is equally bad in His eyes . . . yet, certain followers of His act as if being gay or anything that isn't heterosexual is the absolute worst sin anybody on this big blue marble can commit - worse than committing robbery, adultery, or murder. And really, who are LGBT people even hurting in comparison to other people like that? You're telling me a man being in love with a man, or a woman being in love with a woman is somehow a worse human being than somebody else who just shattered lives and broke families apart by killing a loved one of theirs?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Why can't the religion of the world be to just be nice to other people?
Sadly, some people can't even do that.
To me, having that personal relationship with God is everything. It's not just following rules or observing rituals. Then you get into legalism. Once upon a time, God gave Moses the Ten Commandments. Over time, the scribes and Pharisees extended the list to almost two hundred. It was impossible to keep all these rules.
Jesus swept that away.

Yes, Jesus spent a lot of time with the outcasts of society- the lepers, cripples, blind, crazy, etc. Would Jesus attend a gay wedding? There's no evidence in the Bible to say either way. The most specific texts outlaw sexual immorality, equating it with stealing, lying, and nurder.
Jesus was probably the most compassionate man ever to walk the earth, but was also the most assertive. He hated the sin, but loved the sinners. Those are very big shoes to fill.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My only hope is more Christians and Jews and Muslims and all religions rise up and accept people for who they are and treat everyone as Jesus and God would want us to treat them.
Years ago, I worked at Toys RUs. One of my best friends was a Muslim named Mohammad Kabir. We worked together day in day out for three years. He gave me a glimpse into Islam, I gave him a glimpse into Christianity. It would not have been possible if we both didn't have a deep-rooted mutual respect for each other.

Love conquers all.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
All the members of the Nazz are still alive. They could have a nice 50th reunion.
Bro, that just happened. November I believe in Cincinnati. I couldn't make the commute. Todd was busy with his White Album tour but two out of the four original members got together for a one-off... I believe one died recently though (he became a Disney artist and was honored with a Legends award).