Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I see Ken keeping us informed as a good thing. Things change dates and it is frustrating. Apparently that's how it goes in the collectible figures world as has been stated by several others here. (Read back a couple pages)

Would you rather he keep us totally in the dark? I'd hate to think that we are not going to hear the latest release dates now. I personally would like to know the dates as I suspect many others would as well.

All I know is a year ago we were all griping of lack of projects and merchandise and that the companies didn't know what we wanted. Now that there are these wonderful products, complaints are coming in that we are informed too much. I don't get it. If one doesn't want to be informed, they don't have to search it out. Just my opinoion. I'm certainly not griping at you. I just think this current situation is very strange.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

Okay, I'll have to break my usual character here for this...

Honestly, we should all be more than grateful, and I agree that there was too many folks complaining about release dates or the continuous "when" questions.

How often have any of the folks around here ever been this hyped about release dates on anything other than movie releases? Probably never, especially where action figures are considered.

There's a disturbing monotony seeing these constant rantings about release dates or other complaints where you SHOULD be thinking, "Hey, we have real insider information that we never have had before!"

I'm not candy coating it, or trying to suck up...heck, I've tried to NOT be one of those complainers about the exlusives, release dates, to NOT be one of those who keep saying something that everyone else is saying. Why? Becuase in the first place, I'm thankful for this view into the world of creating collectible toys...I never KNEW how much work went into it before.

What makes you think we deserve this special knowledge we've been given about the figures? What makes you so certain that the dates we're told here, when it's been said many times over in the past that all things we see here are subject to change, are supposed to stick? Do you see these dates ANYWHERE else? No. Why? Because we have inside information, for which I'm very happy to have, more than pleased to converse with someone who will actually answer a belly-button-lint question, and suffer through the constant complaints.

I should think there would be more "thank you's" involved in these threads than complaints, and if it were ME, I'd be outta here and let all ya'll folks be on your own and find out from other places.

On another note, Ken, even "I" received critique at ToughPigs, but I certainly wouldn't let it bother me. Sometimes it's just the way things happen. But, at least there ain't nobody chunking vegetables, and I hope you stay around here for the sake of those of us who APPRECIATE the information you provide...you AND Mike.

So, THANKS!! :smile:

Your pal and mine,
FOZ

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie,

Thats cool - i totally get where you are coming from. In my view (and it's only my view) Palisades should give us exaclty the same information that other toy companies give their customers. If they can get a date and be sure of it - fine - but theres no use giving out incorrect dates, it just confuses people and gets them irritated, especially as you say, people here aren't used to the constantly changing shipping dates and things for Action figures so it just messes with their heads even more.

I think we should have seen this coming a long way off, Ken has made it pretty clear on a number of occasions that dates are tentative, and circumstances can change things, but it seems some people haven't taken this in, and also EB have been confusing things even more. I'm not sticking up for Palisades all that much though - it's not like they've just missed one date, they've missed loads but to their credit, the main reason its been done is due to improving the product and i'm sure everyone wants that.

What i am basically saying is that i hope Ken will give out whatever information he believes to be correct, or near enough to be as fairly accurate as possible - and if theres a chance that dates will change warn people or consider not posting it at all and sticking with something that might be a little more vague but will actually be definite.

As i've always said, even when people were flaming the heck out of me - there are major plus points and negatives as to a licensee having this kind of close contact with the fan base - in most cases this is partly the reason why companies choose not to do this, but in Palisades case i think both them and the fans have got something positive out of it.

Ken posts as a representative of 'Palisades' and when people hear things from the company making the product then they assume it to be 100% correct unless told otherwise - i just don't see the point in trying to coax him into giving out information which might end up causing more problems for him just for the sake of a small group of muppet fans - better he be 100% happy with whatever he says.

This isnt aimed at you, but as a side note, i find it totally condescending how some people try to speak for all of us (possibly with good intentions) throughout this forum by use of the magic 'We' word - either 'We understand' or 'We all know' - fact is we are all totally equal in the Muppet fan community - with more sites and more people contributing the idea of any leadersip or figurehead is long gone. Everyone is capable of speaking for themselves and has the opportunity to do so, as and when they please - any use of the 'we' word in this context is a total presumption and not fact !

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I believe that the article in question refers to the company generated emails regarding shipping dates, not the dates given here on the forum.

Luke

Reaction score
Thats correct Jess - and besides, Danny never reads this forum anymore since he became dissalusioned with the site, so it couldn't have come from the posts here.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still would like to be informed as much as possible and I still feel you are in the minority on not wanting to receive inside information, but I could be wrong. I don't feel like that's speaking for other people when it is stated that way. That's what makes this and other forums so great is that many people share very different opinions. Hmmmm. That sure tasted sugary. Sugary goodness....mmmm. LOL! Just kiddin' with ya, Luke.

bw0000

Reaction score
Ken,

Another thing remember that we have never had anything like this before! This is the first wave and most of us were not sure how the action figure world and shipping dates worked! I feel that we have all learned from this shipping date controversy. I feel we learned alot from wave one's shipping times and will be ready in August for Wave 2. I think that it will not be such a hassel for you to continue giving us dates, because we now know how long something like this takes. Thanks for everything Ken and Mike!

bw0000
Benjie

FER SURE

Reaction score
OK.... I can no longer keep quiet. We need to respect Ken and his decisions. Ken has stated that he doesn't want to post release dates here anymore. I'm just wondering why some people here cant respect others choices. I personally think that this thread is now to Ken's detriment because he has to spend most of his time here fighting people off and defending himself. I have mad respect for Ken, He is so dedicated to what he does. He comes on here during his personal time. He doesnt have to be here, and if this keeps up I fear he won't be much longer.

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie

Yeah sugary goodness, you will inherit this place one day i'm sure ! ;-)

I didn't really say i didn't want to recieve inside information (though personally i feel like the overhyping is causing a lot of dissapointment right now) but i just feel the dude shouldn't be goaded into revealing stuff that he would end up taking the flack for later if plans changed. If he's comfortable doing it, then cool sugar, but it's not much fun when you are the 'hero' one day (sugar alert) and then the next people are after your sugary blood - after all, he's the product developer not the mailman !

As someone else has said, just respect whatever decision Ken makes - it's false to start apologising for other people and making excuses for them, forums are like this and we have to live with it. I don't think this will change much though because the whole fuss was over the EB emailed dates and i expect they will carry on relaying the information that they receive so it's still gonna happen anyway.

kane31666

Reaction score
You have the right to your opinion Luke, but I think you've become a person who now expects the inside information, just because Ken has given it to us before. You're upset that EB keeps changing dates. How is that Palisades fault, or Ken's for that matter. He doesn't control EB, once the figures leave China, Ken and Palisades don't know where they are. The figures are on the way to the retailer, only the retailer can forsee how long it will take for the stuff to get here and clear customs to be shipped off. You have no reason to be mad at Ken, noboby does. The information he provides is a privledge, that can be taken away from just as easily as it has come. Ken might just decide to up and leave us, because of the unwarranted critisicm that has come up lately. I'd say it you have a problem, take care of it privately.