Ask Ken at Palisades

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Ken
When will you up date your site with the 2nd series of Muppet figures?
Is Floyd's hat going to be removeable like Fozzie's hat?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score

kane31666

Reaction score
Gonzo's cannon actually fires, how exactly is that going to work?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Hey,
I think Floyds nose and guitar look a bit too big.
Its either his nose it too big, Ot his eyes are too small.
Does anyone else notice this ?

And on that last picture, I can see that Floyds moustache doesnt join up to his nose.
Are you gonna change that ?

Animals wilder hair looks great, But they only showed us the back of the head - LOL!

Will Gonzo's Goggles be transparent ?

I would have still liked Crazy Harry to hold his plunger under his arm, Like on the show.

Is that red i can see on Gonzo's few hairs ontop ?
I totaly love him tho!

They all look great !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Oh man !
I just looked at the Fozzie pics !

WOW!

Did you ask Henson about a Ma Bear figure?

I think it could be easily made out of a Fozzie.
I might do that, If you guys cant.

Maybe as a Fozzie Variant ?
Or a Con Exclusive or a Fozzie and Ma Bear MuppetFest Exclusive two pack ?

See ya

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
One other thing...I just read a really sarcastic piece on us on toughpigs.com and it had me thinking. There seems to be an awful lot of anger and frustration, here, there and everywhere, over the apparent shifting of schedule dates and all that. Some of that anger is based on not everyone having all the data or reading all the posts.

Hey it's valid,the anger don't get me wrong...I encourage freedom of expression. And let me exercise my own freedom as well. When I read icy articles like that it always reminds me of just how difficult this is. None of you would be ****** off or frustrated if I did not keep updating you and I tend to think that less and less people understand that. I have said time and again that there is a fluidity to this business that you normally don't hear about because you don't have this link to a manufacturer...and maybe I need to just stop addressing any shipping or scheduling issues because it is just getting too out of hand.

So, here's the new policy. Respond as you see fit. If you have product questions I will be happy to answer them. If you want to talk about how cool Muppets are in general I would be thrilled to participate. If you have a suggestion for a figure or something to make a figure better I am all ears with pen in hand. If you have a complaint about the product or a compliment or a customer service issue I will be happy to respond or help you deal with it. If you just want to be like some folks who e-mail me off list and chat about Star Wars or any other subject I am totally down with that.

Any questions about when a product ships will be given the same answer other companies give. You will get a "2nd Quarter" or "3rd Quarter" response, with no specifics. Since I have little control over when or how a retailer changes their dates to their customers I think I am just causing some bad blood here and I want that to stop. All the updates I have been giving on scheduling are, apparently, backfiring.

I am not angry, just frustrated myself. The dude at toughpigs has every right to be sarcastic, so do all of you in some of your posts, alhtough the suggested tone is the same as every other negative post I have read about scheduling...that somehow the company is trying to screw you over. You think we don't want the stuff on the shelf? You think we delay it on purpose? The thing is, there is NOBODY who is more affected, conflicted, disappointed and frustrated over ANYTHING that makes a projected date slip from when you think it is going to ship than the company producing the goods. FYI...we ususally can't collect on the goods until they DO ship.

In any case, for scheduling updates, go to our website and click on the loosely arranged schedule. If you ask me I will tell you "summer" or "3rd Quarter". And remember...dates slip. It does happen. And believe me when I tell you that there are a million reasons why, about FOUR of which are in our control.

One final note: The reason the Labs was delayed? That's us. We re-tooled Beaker. If you don't know that already sorry you missed that info but for s's and g's you should go look at the Daily Bit from last week and you tell me if you think it was a bad call. I don't think it was.

As for the packaging bit about the end of this month, you are also looking at a bit that was to have been posted a week ago but we had server problems. It is shipping at the end of this month. Wave shipping. Some goes this week, some goes the next. That was not a bogus report, just ill-timed. Should have gone up when it was current about ten days ago. And also, I tweak paint til the last possible second because I want the product to look good. That can be done in as little as a day...it has nothing to do with us having our pants down and not being prepared. The Lab set and the figure are tweaked, approved, produced and now we are trying to get them in the hands of the freight forwarders of the people who have ordered them.

Whew...sorry that was long. It just needed to be said. Some subjects bring out the worst in people. Scheduling is one of them.

Thanks,
Ken

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Ken
Those pic are AWESOME!, is Floyd going to come with a strap for his guitar?
and I like Fozzie's glasses and for Gonzo the exclusive is his stunt suit going to be the same color or differnt from the regular Gonzo?
Ken and Mike, you guys are doing A GREAT JOB!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken,

We understand it can be frustrating for everyone, especially you guys. Getting things done right often means delays are part of the process. When these figures hit the mainstream is when you'll get a really good idea about the longevity of the line and feedback from widespread sources beyond us hardcore fans.

In the next week or two, people will be able to get these figures themselves, and then things like this will taper off and you'll be heros.

We greatly appreciate all that you and Mike have done, and all you are continuing to do as you give us at Muppet Central a sneak peak and bird's eye view of the latest happenings with this line.

kane31666

Reaction score
Ken, thanks for not blowing up at the people who were complaining about release dates and the like. I would have if I were you. I for one, understand that with a company nothing goes exactly as planned (ie the lab playset) and that sometimes things are out of the companies control. What people have been really getting mad about is the constant release date changes on EB, I've said this time and time again, EB IS ALWAYS WRONG. And EB isnt' controlled by Ken or Palisades so don't get mad at him. As for people in TRU not knowing about things, that's a common occurrence in a store that carries so many toy lines, and again that's not Ken's fault either. As he said, once the toys leave China, they're not in his hands. So if you have a problem with something like that, I'd say take it up with EB, or contact people privately and not in a public manner, such as this message board,

Again, I'll ask, Ken how will Gonzo's cannon operate?