Ask Ken at Palisades

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Here here Phillip!

The amount of information and input Ken and Palisades in general are allowing us is amazing and much appreciated!

Oh-- and I think it goes without saying that retooling Beeker was absolutely the right choice.

Kedrick

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your continued input Ken and Mike! I just am so excited that someone is FINALLY showing the kind of care, respect, and love for the Muppets as a product they deserve!! The line is going to be so diverse and true to the characters/personalities of the individual Muppets that I truly cannot wait till the grace my shelf. And it will happen. If it takes a little longer then expected, hey...then that final product will be all the more pleasing to the eye!

Love Animal's new hair!

Clint

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ken,

DUDE! Them Fozzie pics are so kewl, and the accessories are right-on man!

As a Fozzie Fan (obviously) I have to say, you did great wonders with my main bear. You've made me happy!!

The Foz exclusive sounds groovy, too!

Keep up the good work, and sorry you don't get lint in your belly button. If you save them, it makes for a groovy collection in itself.

FOZ :smile:

Smig

Reaction score
Ken, will the figures that come with playsets have their own little display bases like the solo figures?

Smig

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Those pic are AWESOME!, is Floyd going to come with a strap for his guitar?

Yes...made of fabric, with two small plastic "ends" that pop on to the guitar. The suitar will also be able to be connected to the amp with a small PVC tube.

and I like Fozzie's glasses and for Gonzo the exclusive is his stunt suit going to be the same color or differnt from the regular Gonzo?

All different colors, for the cape, outfit and cannon. The helmet is NOT removable. Otherwise, he wouldn't be all that different from the other Gonzo.

Again, I'll ask, Ken how will Gonzo's cannon operate?

A small disc is placed into the cannon on two grooves. You push the disc down into the cannon then place Gonzo, hands up, into the cannon. A small button in the back is depressed and out he pops.

Ken, will the figures that come with playsets have their own little display bases like the solo figures?

Unfortunately no. We went with adding extra stuff to the playsets in lieu of the costs associated with the logo base. There are two pegs on each logo base though, so you are not locked into displaying one character per base. You can use one peg for one fig and one peg for another. The bases are fairly wide to allow for that. However, note that Beaker does not have peg holes in his feet. My bad.

Ken

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I would have still liked Crazy Harry to hold his plunger under his arm, Like on the show.

He still might be able to do that with the added joints. But it was a cumbersome task.

Will Gonzo's Goggles be transparent ?

Yes.

And on that last picture, I can see that Floyds moustache doesnt join up to his nose. Are you gonna change that ?

No. The piece was approved as you see it. The only thing that will change is the moutache shape. In the final it is a bit more wild and much shorter.

Did you ask Henson about a Ma Bear figure?

Completely forgot. I have never seen a pic of this. Got one?

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

I'm really sorry to hear about how the escalating criticism about the release dates and how it has affected you. I think many Muppet fans (me included) are not used to this crazy world of collectible figures. I really hope you will continue to provide us with current release date information regardless off these few dissenting voices. I know I have griped a little, but it has not been about you, rather it has been about the individual stores, but I turned that energy into something more proactive and just ordered the TRU exclusive and reserved some at EB. You guys really have done a great job! Thank you so much for even involving us. :smile: :smile: :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Ill send you a pic of Ma (Emily) Bear soon!

but maaaaan, I really think the moustach should go all the way under his nose, Or like into the back of his nose.

It looks kinda weird like that.

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Ken

I'm not gonna give you a sickly sweet and sucky reply (thats just hypocritical) but i will say that Danny was just joking over at Toughpigs - the news there is written in a witty way that just blatently tells the honest truth - most Henson productions have also been subjected to the same criticism so this is nothing new and i wouldn't take it that seriously.

The trouble over here is that MC gives you a view of the Muppet world with a double coating of sugar. All well and good, but after too much sugar sometimes you end up barfing - thats where Toughpigs comes in ... you get free beer nuts and a toilet to throw up in ! Over there crawling and begging is prohibited (unless bribery is involved) and if you've got an ace product we'll rave about it (and if you look around the site, Danny and others have) but if things suck we'll say so too.

I would say though (in a friendly way) that this is all your fault. What the heck do you expect ? You come here and talk about this product daily waving it in front of fans faces like a sausage dangled above Miss Piggy's snout and when it doesn't turn up they complain - that's life ! You imply that people here have kinda jumped on what you have said about deliveries and held you a bit too close to your word when you've just been casually mentioning dates that haven't been definite, but in actual fact this is all about the constant EB emails that people have been getting telling them that the deliveries will be later and later - it's Palisades who supply them with the info (i take it) so you can blame them for their policy of passing this to customers, and i'd agree this isnt a great policy, it just confuses things.

At the end of the day this can only be a positive thing, years ago Muppet products were released without the blink of an eye - people are actually hungry here for these figures and you've probably got the best chance so far of a Muppet product selling well in the stores too. If you decide to just stick with giving out the 'official' release dates of the figures or direct them to the company website then thats cool - people should support that.

Jeez louise - 'Alien', 'Resident Evil', 'Predator', 'G.I Joe' - you would never have thought it would have been the fluffy wuffy 'Muppet' people that gave you the most problems would ya ? ;-)

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Series 3

Hey Ken, it's Artie
So are you guys reeeeeeealy gonna make us wait until August to see Series 3? Can't you post them here and then show them in person for the first time at SDCC, like you did with Series 2 in Philly? This way, we could "help" you guys with anything that we feel could be tweaked. Come on, we'll make it worth your while, and we promise never to whine about release dates again. RIGHT GUYS?!!!
Think about it :smile:
-Artie