Ask Ken at Palisades

hippo

Reaction score
Question for Ken

First, this isn't really Hippo, this is MuppetQuilter. (Hippo is my husband and we're having internet problems at present-- so I'm using his computer and didn't feel like going around the cookies to sign in properly.)

Ken-- any chance of a MuppetFest exclusive? Will Palisades be at MuppetFest? Maybe showing off some of the upcoming figures? I know MuppetFest II hasn't even been announced yet, but the flyers for the figures were at the first one, so I'm hoping....

BorkBork

Reaction score
Thanx for your reply.

Well, Mike, this person at the store was *Really* interested in these actionfigures. He said that if he had the possibility, he would get them in stock and sell them. Maybe you could tell me which distributors you have in europe, so that i can tell him.

There are many muppetfans where i come from, so it would make many people very happy if he'd get to sell those beauties here :big_grin:

Maybe i could hook you up with some distributors in sweden? Maybe you can do that yoursef, let me know.

bw0000

Reaction score
Ken,

My local TRU still says these figures have not even made it to their warehouse yet. What could be the hold up? Or is there a hold up.....they might not have a clue what I talking about and just saying no. Anyway I was just wondering if you had heard why or if TRU does not have the figs yet?

radionate

Reaction score
I don't want to be labeled as the grouch (maybe that should have been my screen name), but can't everyone just have patience with these figures?

Everywhere I turn, someone is asking, griping, complaining, whining, yelling, or crying that the:

- Release dates have been changed
- Aren’t in the company's warehouse
- Store doesn't know anything about the merchandise etc etc etc

While I know we are all excited about the possibilities, I feel that we are going to chase off Ken and any other distributor, manufacturer, or any one else involved in merchandise by bugging them about this trivial stuff.

Ken has stated TIME and TIME again that once the figures leave China he has no control over things, and he doesn't even know where they are.

I'm not griping at anyone in particular, it just seems like this keeps coming up, and it’s a fact of life in the world of retail. Things happen with products, and often they don't appear on shelves right away. This is common occurrence with most companies. The ones where it isn't are the big companies that produce stock well enough in advance that they can set release dates and not worry about missing them.

Shoot, I can remember many products through the years that never made it into production after being announced. The second wave of Tailspin and Darkwing Duck figures from Playmates, and the South Park line from McFarlane comes to mind. Be content in knowing that these little beauties are on the way, look great, and hopefully will be popular enough to warrant many more series.

Anyway, I know we are all excited about these figures, but we need to just stay calm. Remember, Santa Claus never comes when you are awake, a watched pot never boils, and the Muppets don't appear until we aren't looking (someone once told me that’s how I'll fall in love too, but I just don't believe it).

Sorry to get on a soapbox, once again I'll step down.
:stick_out_tongue:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

I second your opinion !

Here Here !

- Hehee, I always wanted to say that! -

see ya

bw0000

Reaction score
I know that I'm impatient. I really am so excited about these figures that I can't wait any longer! I just noticed that this post had not had much conversation in several days so I thought I'd try to GET THINGS STARTED! Ken this really shows how good of a job you guys did on these figures. Having this many people excited is great! I'm so pumped! Whooo Hoooo!

towels

Reaction score
So are these shipping direct from China to each retailer's DC or are you guys using a domestic deconsolidator?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think we are solid on the idea that the in-store management of the TRU stores know very little about their inventory. Disappointing, but hey - buy the exclusives off their online site like I did. No need to complain when you're already signed up. :smile: Don't even have to leave my house for that one!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Radionate-

3rd that.

Next topic. Belly button lint!

So, Ken, do you ever get belly button lint? (Hey, it's better than a schedule question!!)

FOZ:big_grin: