Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey Raech-

I feel your pain on this, but you must realize that Palisades is operating under standard practices while keeping us in the loop more than any other company is willing to do. Actually they really have been great about it. I have voiced my frustration too, but the release dates have always been soft and we were informed of that from the beginning.

About the exclusives - yeah, I really agree with you there and have voiced the same grievance many times, but such exclusives are a necessary and standard practice of an action figure line. If you do not like that they are too many being released only at these events (I'm not too hot on this either) then I suggest you email Palisades directly. They have a great track record of responding to comments and taking them into account. If you read a few posts back, you will see how insane other companies are with their releases. I think we really are dealing with a cool company here. It's just weird for non-action figure Muppet fans like me to adjust to these practices.

Just my 1.5 cents. We've been waiting for these things for nearly a year now, a few more weeks isn't going to kill me. As long as I get 'em by June! :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Scooter vs skateboard

Too bad about the door - but then again i trust when the backstage playset comes out, there will be doors aplenty for Scooter to go a-rappin' on!:smile:

A scooter would be a cute idea for the play-on-words aspect, but to me at least that's exactly all it is...a cute idea. I find the skateboard to be much preferable since it actually has been associated with the character on the show itself (Anne Murray ep). While scooters are trendy, skateboards hasn't lost too much favor either - i still see the skate rats all over the place just as i did over a decade ago when i was in high school. (It always amused me how people would actually attend something like a football game or something and do nothing but skate around!)

Even though it's more movie than series, i also wish to remain hopeful that maybe the Chinese food could be replace with popcorn - it's just such a dang "Scooter Thing" - not only did he sell it in the first two movies but he also worked in a movie theatre in the third and ended up dodging popcorn in the end as well. Popcorn just seems to be the one thing i tend to think of in association with the character as that was such a marvelous sustained running gag! Aside from the lack of popcorn though, i do ver much like the accessories choices.

(Though one more quick idea...a few people were disappointed to find that Kermit wasn't coming with the classic "Kermit mug" (mug with Kermit's name on it in cursive) that always appeared on his desk...perhaps that could be something that comes with Scooter rather than the soda...)

Luke

Reaction score
frogboy4 & Raech

I am feeling all this Muppety action figure pain and i think we need to sort out this exclusive action figure schmoo once and for all. Didn't Mike or Ken say that they might 'up' the maximum figure limit in individual cases if we arranged for someone to pick up a batch for Muppet Central people ? If whoever is going would say whether they are willing to be a 'figure elve' (how cute does that sound ?) and whoever wants one would make themselves known - we could work out if this was viable to arrange with Palisades.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I must have missed that, but I'd definitely be for it!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
DW,

Atlast someone else has realised !

Kermits Tea Cup, People may think its silly making a big deal out of it, But it is important.
It was in nearly every show, I think !

And it probably took more PVC to make the Mug that he is coming with now.

All i want is that nice little Tea Cup wioth Kermits name written on it, The way it was on the show.

And I think it would be much much better than a Soda can, I am also for the Popcorn idea too, And the Skateboard!

Well im not actually for the Skateboard, i was for teh door.#But What else could he come with ?
Robin ?!

see ya

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
We are going to debut the sculpts for Series 3 at San Diego and then post them on the net the following week.
Cool! For those of us not keeping score, when is the San Diego con again?

--Matt

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Luke

That's a fantasic idea Luke! have a few set to the side for some one to pick them up! I don't see a big problem with that, only if someone see you carring around 25 Beaker figs they might say something, but they would be resurved so tough bananas!

Zack Rowlf, there would be a lot of beakers in the maill that week! LOL!the dog

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Kermits Tea Cup, People may think its silly making a big deal out of it, But it is important. It was in nearly every show, I think ! And it probably took more PVC to make the Mug that he is coming with now.
All I want is that nice little Tea Cup wioth Kermits name written on it, The way it was on the show.

Noticed that too. Also noticed that the cup sitting on that table has changed a bit, and so I went with the photo reference Henson gave me, which is just like the one in the package.

As for Scooter, the accessories are already done. Thanks for the popcorn suggestions, they are good ones, and for the scooter, but the die is cast on these pieces and I can't make any new revisions.

Ken

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah Ken said it fourth post down on page 32 of this topic, and he would discuss it closer to the show.

If we can get say four people going to the show and twenty people want figures (including themselves) then thats 5 per person. Any more than that and i think you're likely to get a slap in the face from the hairy guy dressed as Sweetums at the Palisades booth.

Anyway as i said, it'd be a good thing to work out now the numbers or otherwise you are looking at the same thing happening as the Dr Teeth repaint.